• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Boxing Thread

bruin

Replay of GGG/Canelo 2 tonight on HBO. I had it edged to Golovkin. Give credit to Canelo, he fought a hell of a fight, but have a hard time giving him more than six rounds. At worst a draw, and GGG was robbed of the first fight. Best middleweight title fight in 30+ years, tbh.

Shame for Golovkin, really.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Replay of GGG/Canelo 2 tonight on HBO. I had it edged to Golovkin. Give credit to Canelo, he fought a hell of a fight, but have a hard time giving him more than six rounds. At worst a draw, and GGG was robbed of the first fight. Best middleweight title fight in 30+ years, tbh.

Shame for Golovkin, really.
The glory days of my Vegas journey hermano. Orale.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bruin

These Fury/Wilder pressers are entertaining. Which you know they're just selling the fight. Good shit between them too.

December 1st at Staples Center in LA on PPV. For Wilder's WBC strap and people forget Tyson Fury is still the "lineal" champ. The man who beat the man.

DoiNiqEXoAAyRcp.jpg

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
:laughing:

What I love about PacMan - he's obviously supposed to be glaring his opponent down, but instead they look like schoolboys on picture day trying to make each other laugh when they're supposed to be serious.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Odd that Broner is the underdog against a boxer ten years his senior. He's supposed to just be the warmup fight for Pac before his (proposed) rematch with Floyd Mayweather.

Guessing that Pacquiao and Mayweather have both burned through whatever moneys they made fighting each other the first time. :laughing:

Don't know how Pacquiao has a humongous debt to the IRS when he has the best-paying jerb in the world. No, not boxing, but Third World politician. If you can't get filthy fucking rich as a small-time politico in a Third World nation, ur doing it wrong.

bruin

Pac is a world champ (wba) so he's still the draw here. and still probably top 5 welterweight atm, maybe top 3. Spence, Crawford, Thurman??

Manny needs the money, but he knows what he's doing here. If he takes this fight seriously like he did against Matthysse, he will fuck Broner up. Shits Championship weekend in Vegas and a week before my birrthday so I might make a week of it.

bruin

Lomachenko beat Jose Pedraza this past saturday night on ESPN to become a unified champ at 135. Too bad we'll likely never get he and Mikey Garcia in the ring.

Canelo fights this saturday at MSG v Rocky Fielding. Not for the middleweight title, but Fielding's 168 WBA strap. On DAZN streaming. Can get a 10 day free trial if you sign up. It's apretty good card, tbh.

bruin

Nah. Floyd came in as a full blown welter (147) and Tenshin was around 122 (super bantam)

Farce all around.

But with the money Floyd made, this is likely the beginning of these outrageous exhibitions

evil1

To me, a lot of the motivation behind this is the idea that if a MMA fighter can hang with the greatest boxer of our generation, then it will prove that MMA is obviously better than boxing.

Had Tenshin been able to hold his own against Floyd, it would have established his name on a wide level for the next decade.

bruin

Not a good look for MMA/Kickboxer guy either way. Floyd carried McGregor for 10 rounds. He pounded this guy and likely destroyed his career/aura. Kid was crying in the ring afterwords.

bruin

Anthony Joshua vs Jarrell Miller June 1st at Madison Square Garden. For Joshua’s WBA,WBO, IBF Heavyweight titles. It’ll be Joshua’s US debut.

bruin

also, upset wise..

it's bigger than lewis rahman I..

not going Tyson-Douglas territory tho.. but in the area..

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Rematch is on. Ruiz-Joshua II in Nov/Dec.

Venue to be announced soon..

Do I have to order da zn to watch this? Da zn not shown in bars? Is da zn cheaper than one or two ppvs per year? Should I be happy with da zn? Fury fightbon showtime right? But golovkin and Canelo all on da zn?

Help me navigate Hermano. I am old and was sitting there on sat night not able to find a bar to watch and then contemplating ordering da zn to watch this and thinking “nah Joshua should beatbthis guy easy.” And now my life is full of regerts.

bruin

DaysInn shows at *some* bars, but only like taken place in strip clubs or big sports books.. My cuz saw Canelo-Jacobs (shown on DaysInn at a bar in Vegas)

GGG's fight saturday willl also be on DaysInn. Likely GGG/Canelo III in Sept will be on the streaming service as will Ruiz-Joshua II.

There's pretty much fights every weekend and a killer tournmanet final going on (WBSS in the bantamweight/Jr Welterweight final) will be on DaysInn

Fury has a deal with TOp Rank/ESPN and his fight in two weeks will be streamed on ESPN+

Deontay Wilder is on Showtime.

it's a streaming world, hermano...we're just living in it.

sorry to hear bout ur regrets..

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I’ve got showtime. So I’d need to get espn+ and da pazone to fulfill my boxing needs? And espn+ has some ufc shit I guess.

I should get rid of my red cap car service subscription which I haven’t used in 3 years and get these new age tools.

bruin

Sang it in Germany after he dethroned Klitschko. Sings it again tonight in Vegas. How about it Gypsy King.

evil1

That made me sad. I remember thinking at one point that I would never see a better defensive fighter in my life (that lasted about 8 years until I started to notice Floyd somebody or another). A mark of a truly great boxer is that they can make good boxers look foolish. Sweet Pea could do that.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Whitaker's style was, while certainly not exciting, very effective, just like Floyd. Unlike Floyd, however, he wasn't an ass.