• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Tank Jobs: Requiem of 1-1

Wolfman21

I mean a 2B getting those numbers is pretty good - if he was around today, he'd definitely be a top 10 at his position. For $15m over two years, it's not a terrible contract.

More importantly, this was a very different time in the league - 2nd round picks could get you most players, and you never traded a first unless you got a stud.

:laughing: no

Wolfman21

sigh, i'll fall into this trap and i'll play your game, but i'm going with just generally better players because there are some young guys that haven't had the chance to win your "6 Wars" that are immensely better:

1. Rick Montgomery
2. Enrique Gomez
3. Ryan Williams
4. David Lopez
5. Tony Gonzalez
6. Ronald Riggs
7. Randy Creswell
8. Cody Gilbert
9. Chien Khong
10. Carlos Fuentes is a similar player, but better and younger w/o the experience.
11. Pedro Chavez is a backup level player putting up better numbers
12. Carlos Vasquez is a carlos fuentes clone...so better and younger w/o the experience.
13. I'd take Denis Uytenhage over that guy.

So maybe a Top 14 player at his position.

NML

But ur list is completely based on like, ur opinion, man. Only about half those guys actually met the standard that I set. His stat line wasn't great because he played in a pitcher's park.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
There are a lot of good, young 2nd basemen in the league right now.

I could have maybe shifted Creswell to SS but elected not to do so. I also might be screwing him up by denying him development time.

Wolfman21

But ur list is completely based on like, ur opinion, man. Only about half those guys actually met the standard that I set. His stat line wasn't great because he played in a pitcher's park.

Luckily, you don't get to set the standards for my opinion. Also, theres like 4 or 5 guys that are only in their 2nd season, so they can't have reached your "standard" but they're still better. Then theres 4 or 5 that have met your standard and then theres a couple that haven't because they play backup and are just generally better.

kanye-clap-gif.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean a 2B getting those numbers is pretty good - if he was around today, he'd definitely be a top 10 at his position. For $15m over two years, it's not a terrible contract.

More importantly, this was a very different time in the league - 2nd round picks could get you most players, and you never traded a first unless you got a stud.
He was a piece of shit for Yankee. It's nice he played well for you, but it wasn't close to the worst trade ever. I mean if you include the season before he was traded to you he only earned like 3 WAR in 3 seasons. That's not top 10.

Reactions: NML

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Even Clement Launay, a NML loser who I hate, is better than that inconsistent scrub who happened to luck into a good season. Clement's WARS don't look fancy because he plays in my rotation of MIF (Douglass Gotta Play) allowing him to play less games a season on average (570 games in 5 years as a starter... one was injury shortened) and his low SLG value also keeps his WARS down, but he's got a great OBP and always plays + defense. Still, in those 5 seasons he earned 8.2 WARS despite only being a part time starter with a 114 g/season average. If you projected him at the 140 games you see more often from a starter, that would be a 2 WAR/season average over 5 seasons. At the midway point of the season he's once again on pace for that 2 WAR mark despite only playing in 43 games.

NML

He's just trolling me, he won't actually trade them because his team would struggle. Or he would've pulled the trigger on Montes yesterday.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I almost traded Montes away for 2 4ths (ie nothing) but WolfReasonableGoodGuy21 talked me off the ledge because he felt bad about fleecing me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
No, Fazackerly for two bum ass middle infielders in year one or two of the WBL was absolutely awful. That is a noted top 5 worst trade on this site for years.

The problem was I had HALL OF GOATS Hocine Mercier holding down first base and because there wasn't a DH yet you couldn't give away a 1B/DH type. Obviously, the trade went to fleece master @OU11. A few years later, DH was FINALLY passed unilaterally by OU since dumbass manager-owners wouldn't vote for it. @doh was a noted DH evangelist on this site for years on this site.

For the good of the game. Ain't nobody got time for belly itchers in the batters' box

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If Williams doesn't make the ASG it will be a HAVE conspiracy

on another note, why isn't it the All-Wizard or All-GOAT game?

Wolfman21

I almost traded Montes away for 2 4ths (ie nothing) but WolfReasonableGoodGuy21 talked me off the ledge because he felt bad about fleecing me.

To be fair you asked for 2 fifths because of how bad he is but if I was gonna get him I didn't want his confidence to be totally shot.