• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Take It To The Bank - Utopia Betting Thread

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I'm not kidding. Why isn't this line OSU -7? The last time a line didn't make this much sense was USC/Utah

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I'm not kidding. Why isn't this line OSU -7? The last time a line didn't make this much sense was USC/Utah
No idea, some of the OSU fans that pay attention to this stuff are wondering the same thing.

With Seth Russel and company I'd be worried, but with a team that plays better at home, dominated the one real opponent we've played, idk.. Maybe it's the inconsistency. I really don't know, I don't really pay attention to this stuff. It is interesting though. Baylor is facing multiple injuries too. Stidham looked pretty hesitant/lost at timse against OU. He clearly struggles with the speed of athletes at the Big 12.

PSUEagle

Purdue +23
KSU -4
PSU +3
Baylor -2
Stanford -9.5
Tennessee -6.5
Oklahoma 40 Total OVER
Arizona ASU 68.5 OVER
TAMU Vandy 42 UNDER
Washington Oregon State 49 UNDER

PSUEagle

No idea, some of the OSU fans that pay attention to this stuff are wondering the same thing.

With Seth Russel and company I'd be worried, but with a team that plays better at home, dominated the one real opponent we've played, idk.. Maybe it's the inconsistency. I really don't know, I don't really pay attention to this stuff. It is interesting though. Baylor is facing multiple injuries too. Stidham looked pretty hesitant/lost at timse against OU. He clearly struggles with the speed of athletes at the Big 12.

I think it's this: outside of that TCU game Okie Lite seems like they've barely scraped by, including close games against mediocre competition like CMU, ISU, UT, and KSU. They're 10-0 but could easily be 6-4.

On a per play basis Baylor has been far more dominant this year, much like USC was compared to Utah a month ago. I think that's why the Vegas sharps like BU in this one, and I'm going to roll with them because I agree.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I think it's this: outside of that TCU game Okie Lite seems like they've barely scraped by, including close games against mediocre competition like CMU, ISU, UT, and KSU. They're 10-0 but could easily be 6-4.

On a per play basis Baylor has been far more dominant this year, much like USC was compared to Utah a month ago. I think that's why the Vegas sharps like BU in this one, and I'm going to roll with them because I agree.
Except that was with Russell. Stidham is struggling so far with Big 12 defenses and he's about to face one of the better ones tonight on the road.

Don't think I'll be wrong on this one.

Bdub

Fresno St +27
Miami +2 1/2
Baylor - 2 1/2
Ohio St -13 1/2
Vandy +7

UCLA vs Utah is down to a pick. With major injuries on the defense of both teams and Booker being out UCLA has big advantage in my eyes.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Except that was with Russell. Stidham is struggling so far with Big 12 defenses and he's about to face one of the better ones tonight on the road.

Don't think I'll be wrong on this one.
This is why Vegas makes money.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Purdue +23
KSU -4
PSU +3
Baylor -2
Stanford -9.5
Tennessee -6.5
Oklahoma 40 Total OVER
Arizona ASU 68.5 OVER
TAMU Vandy 42 UNDER
Washington Oregon State 49 UNDER

I think you underestimated how garbage Oregon State is.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That makes total sense... Except why is Baylor a road favorite with an injured QB against an undefeated team?

Vegas is practically begging you to take OK State.

Vegas begged him to take Oklahoma State, you'll never guess what happened next!

Only thing I'm sad about is getting a shit ML on Baylor, I thought I was gonna make more than $10k and I ended up with less because Baylor was favored on the road? Fuuu

I'm never betting again, going out on top!

Last edited:

PSUEagle

Fuck: I had that same thought yesterday.

Now that you've applied the reverse jinx, I will walk away: there's a lot of games I really, really like this weekend.

Bdub

Fuck: I had that same thought yesterday.

Now that you've applied the reverse jinx, I will walk away: there's a lot of games I really, really like this weekend.
If you watched Utah last week you would have little faith in them. 90% of the offense is hurt and they are starting 4th string DB's. They don't have to depth yet to deal with a lot of injuries and it has completely destroyed the team. They also have never beaten Colorado by more than a touchdown.

The biggest thing though is this is Utah, Whittingham doesn't blow anyone out.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Colorado put up 3 points on Wazzu last week. If Liufau is still out, I would probably take Utah to hit that. Even if their offense can't score, the defense isn't going to give up anything.

Bdub

Colorado put up 3 points on Wazzu last week. If Liufau is still out, I would probably take Utah to hit that. Even if their offense can't score, the defense isn't going to give up anything.
Sure Utah will win just not cover.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I think they could cover if Covey is healthy and they force some turnovers. That QB is only making his second start and threw 2 picks against Wazzu last week.

PSUEagle

Vandy 42 UNDER
Flazzu 45 UNDER
Stanford -3
Penn State 44 UNDER
Utah 49 UNDER
UGA 49 UNDER
ASU 68.5 OVER

Last edited:

dirt

Trolltalitarian
gambled $1 on ND with 2 people. Lost.

have $1 riding on CLEM to win it all. 3:1 odds

Brock, u want to gamble me? ur wrong erry year so why not?

PSUEagle

Already got ma' ticket in for Alabama -17. Roll Tide.

The B1G Over (52.5) is my favorite bet this weekend: both offenses are far better than the public perception, especially Iowa. Think this game is easily played somewhere in the 60's.

The other total that's interesting is the Over (65) in the ACC championship game. Both offenses are very good to elite, while UNC struggles to stop the run. Will have to think about this one some more though because the number seems too easy: thought it would open at 69 and move into the 70's pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Bdub

Baylor - 20 1/2
USC +4 1/2
Florida +18
Air Force +6 1/2
Clemson - 4 1/2
Michigan State - 3 1/2