• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Take It To The Bank - Utopia Betting Thread

PSUEagle

Duke UNC -7
PSU NW -1
Rutgers 13 Total UNDER
Stanford Colorado +16.5
ASU Wazzu -2
Wisconsin Maryland -10.5
Auburn TAMU -7
Cal Oregon 74 OVER
Arizona USC 66.5 OVER
Utah Washington -2

Bdub

Weather is supposed to be awful for the Utah game. I think the under is a good play there.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Duke UNC -7
PSU NW -1
Rutgers 13 Total UNDER
Stanford Colorado +16.5
ASU Wazzu -2
Wisconsin Maryland -10.5
Auburn TAMU -7
Cal Oregon 74 OVER
Arizona USC 66.5 OVER
Utah Washington -2

Wazzu's best lineman is out

ABORT

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

A4aAg.gif

PSUEagle

@Brick and @bruin228: I've been leading the bet against Auburn charge all year, but why do you guys like TAMU in that game so much? I don't think Auburn is very good, but they've been competitive each week since that LSU drubbing.

Also think that Tennessee-South Carolina line is interesting at +17. Probably won't do anything with it, but you're basically relying on the advanced stats guys to conclude that they should be favored by that much.

Fuck me: I'm an asshole on both counts.

Brick

oregon with adams should stay within ten, maybe have a chance to win. stanford will play their tough guy shtick offense against oregon. i expect them to be conservative. not a big believer in furds defense. oregon is in a no pressure situation here for the first time in years.

PSUEagle

Watched almost as many Oregon games as Brock this year: think this team is the definition of mediocre.

Adams makes some plays, but I think his stature hurts him in the passing game: seems like he has to leave the pocket a lot because he can't see guys coming open. The team does have playmakers though so they can put up points. The thing is Stanford's D is still decent (Top 40ish at least IMO), although it's not the powerhouse it was 2012-2014.

The real problem is the D: the back 7 is beyond atrocious. I'm seeing a game where Stanford pounds it OK but doesn't have the super impressive stats like ASU did. Where they'll get killed IMO is in the PA game: Cajuste and co will have their way in coverage.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Indiana +13
Baylor -2.5
USF +2.5
Miss State +7.5
Ark State -14
Sakerlina +7.5
Iowa State +14
Arizona +6
Mem/Houston over 71
Clem/Syr under 57.5
Virginia/Lou under 47.5

-YTC

PSUEagle

Lines I'm looking at this weekend:

Pitt +3
Ohio State -16
Vandy UK 40.5 OVER
UCLA -10
WVU -9
Stanford -10
Stanford Oregon 69 UNDER
Arizona +6
Texas Tech -6
NCSU +9
BYU Missouri 38.5 OVER
Nebraska Rutgers 64.5 UNDER
Miami UNC 67.5 OVER
Alabama Mississippi State 50.5 OVER

Skeeter

Uber felon
Total homer says jump on osu. For some reason though the bucks always struggle in Champaign. Probably should avoid.

PSUEagle

Do you think the Bucks are undervalued at all based on how much they've struggled with Cardale at QB?

My thought was based on how much smoother the offense looks when Barrett plays: feel like they could win by 30+ now that they're finally playing the right QB, but WTF do I know...

bruin

Even though I'm worried about this game, I'd say take the Bruins to cover. @PSUEagle

I don't see Wazzu stopping Rosen (unless Mazzone handcuffs him and the offense decides to continue to run at a 8 man box- see ASU first half). Rosen has been killing it since Mazzone publicly said he'd give him free reigns. Saw that Wazzu has the second most TFL's in the conference. IF the Bruins keep the Cougs honest with the run, I can see UCLA scoring at will.

Bruins secondary is actually their strength. All things considered, Bradley has done a good job. @bruin228
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/...te-coach-tom-bradley-builds-good-ucla-defense

Interested to see how this game starts out. Wazzu has 33 players from CA on their roster so they'll be emotionally charged. And Mora is 0-3 on Senior Night. That's got to change.

PSUEagle

Even though I'm worried about this game, I'd say take the Bruins to cover. @PSUEagle

Bruins secondary is actually their strength. All things considered, Bradley has done a good job. @bruin228
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/...te-coach-tom-bradley-builds-good-ucla-defense

This is why I like them to cover.

People are sleeping on how good the UCLA pass D is: it's by far the best in Pac 12 play this year. They struggle against the run, but guess what Wazzu doesn't do on offense at all?

bruin

Right.

For a secondary to lose both their best cover guys (Moreau and Jack) they've stepped up big.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Do you think the Bucks are undervalued at all based on how much they've struggled with Cardale at QB?

My thought was based on how much smoother the offense looks when Barrett plays: feel like they could win by 30+ now that they're finally playing the right QB, but WTF do I know...

I definitely think they are undervalued and this is a potential Rutgers 2.0 situation. I'll probably be going heavy on this game, but for whatever reason Illinoise has historically played well against OSU at home.

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}76{/td}
{td}2000{/td}
{td}Champaign{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}77{/td}
{td}2001{/td}
{td}Columbus{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}34{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}78{/td}
{td}2002{/td}
{td}Champaign{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}79{/td}
{td}2005{/td}
{td}Columbus{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}80{/td}
{td}2006{/td}
{td}Champaign{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}81{/td}
{td}2007{/td}
{td}Columbus{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}82{/td}
{td}2008{/td}
{td}Champaign{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}83{/td}
{td}2009{/td}
{td}Columbus{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|50x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}84{/td}
{td}2010*{/td}
{td}Champaign{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}13{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}85{/td}
{td}2011{/td}
{td}Champaign{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}86{/td}
{td}2012{/td}
{td}Columbus{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}52{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}87{/td}
{td}2013{/td}
{td}Champaign{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}88{/td}
{td}2014{/td}
{td}Columbus{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}Ohio State{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

PSUEagle

UCLA -10
Stanford -9
Vandy 40 UNDER
Purdue 49 UNDER
UGA 55 UNDER
WVU 53 UNDER

EDIT: late add: Baylor -2.5 Fuck it: all in on dem Bear @GatorTD

Last edited:

PSUEagle

Rolling with BGSU -7 tonight.

Lines/Totals that look interesting to me so far this weekend:

WVU -28
Purdue +21 (got this one circled)
LSU Ole Miss 56 UNDER
Wiscy NW 40 OVER
Tennessee Mizzou 42.5 OVER
Washington Oregon State 48.5 UNDER
Georgia Tech PK
Stanford -11
Sparty +13
TAMU Vandy 40.5 UNDER

Skeeter

Uber felon
Psu line has dropped from 5 to 3. I still like the lions. in this one. Michigan defense is reel-e struggling and lions have a %pod rushing attack. Lions d good enough to slow down Ruddock.

If sackenburg gets time I can see the lions win by 10.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Psu line has dropped from 5 to 3. I still like the lions. in this one. Michigan defense is reel-e struggling and lions have a %pod rushing attack. Lions d good enough to slow down Ruddock.

Michigan is down to their #4 defensive tackle. If they can't find anyone to step up, Elliott will have a field day next week.

PSUEagle

I'll probably regret this, but I agree with this take so fuck it: I'll take PSU at +3. We're due to beat those faggot cocksuckers, even with the refs fucking us in the ass Sandusky style

:trollface:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
That makes total sense... Except why is Baylor a road favorite with an injured QB against an undefeated team?

Vegas is practically begging you to take OK State.