1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Spread Offense

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Discussion' started by JSU Zack, Feb 13, 2014.

1. guardman23

guardman23 Well-Known Member

Team:
    Alabama
    Ya midline out of the flex is good to @LEGEND had some good runs out of pistol against me I can do OK with the off tackle runs but straight gives seems to take to long idk madden there a lot better if the linebacker fills I can usely bounce it to the outside if he stays back I can get a few yards inside

LEGEND likes this.
  2. Craig7835

Craig7835 Active Member

Team:
    Alabama
  3. Wolfman21

Wolfman21 Well-Known Member

best spread playbook, or atleast one of the good ones, in ncaa 14?? This NC State playbook is such shit i can't play with it anymore

4. FSS

FSS Member

Never ran spread too much but off the top of my head I thought Oregon's was pretty good.

5. Wolfman21

been trying oregons for like 5 games. I have a pro style QB so i'm not a big fan. Hes graduating after this season though and i've got 2 mobile guys waiting in the wings...so im gonna give it a try with the mobile guys cuz some of the run plays look interesting

6. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    LEACH
    Mississippi State's is my favorite default spread book, but building your own is always the best bet, especially if you have a pro style QB in the spread (like I usually do).

nofx94 likes this.
  7. Wolfman21

id have no idea where to start building my own

8. Soonerfan09

Soonerfan09 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd build my own too. Just pick a base playbook and you can either modify it, or remove all the formations and start all over. When you pick your formations though, the only way to order them on your actual in game play call screen is the order in which you choose them to make your custom playbook. It's actually really easy and simple to create a custom playbook. Just jump into it and play around with it, and you'll have it figured out in a couple minutes.

nofx94 likes this.
  9. Atmore

Atmore Active Member

This is what I've been trying to figure out and 34 users who pinch the DL then the LB's flow freely over top or straight through the gaps to stop the run

10. Smashmouth

Smashmouth Member

Team:
    Notre Dame
    After lurking on here for a while waiting for my account to be confirmed, I decided to create a custom spread playbook. A lot of it is ripped off from TxHusker’s Spread-I thread with a lot of Offset Gun looks that have TEs and FBs in the formation.

I really like the series plays that it offers though. My plan is to use formation subs to always have a FB in the backfield and the TE either in-line or split out in the slot. I’ll have a true WR on the solo side and a Slotback lined up with the TE for jet sweeps, screens, etc.

It’s a heavy run book, which I feel I am better at than throwing all the time.

11. Smashmouth

Smashmouth Member

Team:
    Notre Dame
    Scraped the Offset and made a more traditional SG/Ace book. Gonna call it the

POWERADE

Ace: Big, Heavy, Slot, Trips
    SG: Normal, Spread, Trips, Trey (w/ all Wk variations as formation audibles)

Run game focuses on building off the same looks. Base to Read Option. Sweep to Counter. Buck Sweep to B/S option, etc. I’ve thrown in a few rollouts as well for PA.

Passing features a lot of screens - Bubbles, PA Bubbles, Slips and Mids. Have some core Air Raid concepts like Stick, Smash, Shallow/Under/Follow stuff. I want to be able to isolate the side with less defenders and make quick reads to get the ball out in space.

Total of 12 formations and a little under 150 plays. Nice and compact but with enough so I can be versatile in any set to both pass or run on any down.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    FSS likes this.