• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sports Bar Random Discussion Thread

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I'm a year younger than you. :laughing:
jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Would you rather watch Mayweather v Pacquiao in their primes or chester v OB slap fighting?

R2D2

Would you rather be the superstar player making millions or dollars a year but unable to walk down the street without being hounded by paparazzi/constantly having your life examined through a magnifying glass or a averagely talented player who makes good money but goes practically unnoticed on any of the sports analysis shows and never really gets any press?

Is there an option to just be a backup? I'd love to sit on the bench and make $600k a season. :laughing:

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Inspired by OU: would you rather be knocked out by Mike Tyson in his prime, or be choked out by Georges Saint-Pierre until you're unconscious.

osick87

Community Liaison
Getting choked out. You go to sleep and then he lets go. Guys that good just cut off your carotid.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I don't know why I get so excited for these horses that win the first 2 legs, it seems to happen every year. Looked like he knew he couldn't get thru on the rail and went outside, which took too much out of him...

Chase

Looked like Google Chrome's owner was gone slap the shit out of his wife. Sore loser much?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
A lot of people in downstate NY (read: NYC and Westchester County) want to move the Preakness to the Belmont's date and then move the Belmont back to 4th of July weekend.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
A lot of people in downstate NY (read: NYC and Westchester County) want to move the Preakness to the Belmont's date and then move the Belmont back to 4th of July weekend.

Isnt that how it used to be? Or at least the gaps between races were much larger?

goblue96

Isnt that how it used to be? Or at least the gaps between races were much larger?

It has always been the way it is now. The younger generation of horse trainers train for one big race per month. Back when Pepperidge Farm remembers, trainers trained horses to run more big races in a shorter period of time.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League

That would produce more triple crown winners (like more than once every 36 and counting years) and also would taint the accomplishment. You saw today why it's so hard. 1)The Belmont is really damn long 2)Chrome was running against rested horses.

goblue96

That would produce more triple crown winners (like more than once every 36 and counting years) and also would taint the accomplishment. You saw today why it's so hard. 1)The Belmont is really damn long 2)Chrome was running against rested horses.

That's why the younger trainers want to space the races out more. They don't want to put in the hard work work to have a triple crown winner under the current system. The easiest solution, in their mind, is to change the system which is a better fit for their training methods.

Last edited:

Keith1212

There's an OTB at a local bar 2 blocks from my place. I was going to go but I got busy around the house and forgot about it but I would have bet on AROD(General? I forget the first part). That "would have done it" bet was looking good until the end. That was exciting though. I'm still not getting into horse racing or anything but I'm just saying.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I blew thru like $1500 of my graduation money the summer after college at Del Mar. Beers, women, $5 exacta boxes. Mad fun. Think the most I ever won was $100, only went home with more money than I came with maybe 4 times. And we went 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I made acouple of bucks off dat horsie losing. Prop bets were giving the field even money to win.

bruin

think last PPV fight I bought was De La Hoya-Mayweather on Cinco De Mayo.

So much concha. Good tiMes.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Congrats to the USA Under-17 Boys Basketball Team for winning gold in Dubai earlier today, beating the Aussies 99-92.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
So I was just surfing channels and happened upon the opening ceremony of the Youth Olympic Games (which I didn't even know existed) on NBCSN. It's pretty amazing.

Last edited:

Brick

the USA basketball thing is weird to me. why do the pros even want to play? it's like arm wrestling toddlers. then we have the ultra Murrca crowd coming hard and pissed if they don't want to represent their country. it's a waste of time.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Congratulations to Seoul Little League for helping South Korea win its first Little League Shampship since 1985. Take that, Chicago. You windbags better pray that they pulled off a Zamboanga, but what are the chances of that happening?