• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sports Bar Random Discussion Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Shaq couldn't breathe fire.

08-space-jam-monstars+fire.png

Advantage: Patrick Ewing Monstar

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Stuck watching ESPN2 at lunch. They are having a debate of top movie basketball players. I'm going:

Sydney Deane from White Men Can't Jump
Jimmy Chitwood from Hoosiers
Jesus Shuttleworth from He Got Game
Fletch from Fletch
The Monstar based on Patrick Ewing from Space Jam

who ya got?

Monstar Ewing was a power forward.

I didn't list any positions. Who's to say I'm not playing Fletch at center and Monstar Ewing at power forward? Fletch would be undersized at center but plays with a lot of heart...and he's 6'9" with the afro. :laughing:

bruin

didn't use real life ballers.

otherwise would have had Raymond (ala Wooden Award Winner Marques Johnson/UCLA) from White Men Can't jump at the 3.

sayo

YEET
Antoine Tyler from the 6th Man was nice. So was that 6'5" Georgetown PG that he later slams against the backboard later in the movie when he's a ghost. Tyler seemed like a scoring machine though with his little brother dishing him left and right. Played good competition as well.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Chit wood had 25 points on screen in the title game. The team had 42 total I believe. I don't think all of the other 17 points were shown so he could have had some of those too.

tgat team was fucking garbage without him.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I don't where to put this, LOL at Preakness for having Nas as their infield concert. Demographics, how do they work?

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Boldly predicting that some other pony other than California Chrome wins the Belmont. Double boldly predicting the said winner to win Hoers auf da Yeer.
Carry on.

ZeekLTK

4 pages and no hypothetical questions like "which would be easier, scoring in an NBA game or returning a serve against Nadal?"

Am disappoint.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Nah mang, scoring wouldn't be too difficult. I'm sure I'd be able to get someone on a pump fake because they'd be chomping at the bit to swat my gangly ass. After you get the foul all you gotta do is hit a FT.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Practice threes and shoot til you make it. Dumb. Making a layup is a different story if you cant cherry pick

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
How many points would you score in a game of 1 on 1 against LeBron before he got to 50? Not make it take it. Playing by 2s and 3s.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
0 if he was going 100% the whole time. I don't think anyone on this site could score on him outside of Adair County. :trollface:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Since it's not make it take it, I feel like eventually I could throw up some garbage 3 and have it go in. Then again, he would probably swat it into my face with absolute minuscule effort and my head would explode.

What about the worst guy in the NBA? Like the 12th man on the 76ers roster. Even then, I bet I still lose 50-3 or some shit.

chibob

Would you rather be the superstar player making millions or dollars a year but unable to walk down the street without being hounded by paparazzi/constantly having your life examined through a magnifying glass or a averagely talented player who makes good money but goes practically unnoticed on any of the sports analysis shows and never really gets any press?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
How about how many swings would it take you to just make contact, let alone get an actual hit, off a pitcher like Randy Johnson in his prime?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
How about how many swings would it take you to just make contact, let alone get an actual hit, off a pitcher like Randy Johnson in his prime?

Are we accounting for fatigue? If so, I'll just sit there until pitch 150 or so when his arm is falling off and then start swinging.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I could maybe get 4-5 on a guard just by doing jump hooks and shooting over them. Too slow to stop them on D. I'm too small to score on any big man.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
How long would you last against the Seahawks' defense before you died if you were the opposing running back?

chibob

Im thinking I can maybe go three of four downs. I can potentially evade them but one big hit and im going to take a dirt nap.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
If your life hung in the balance, would you rather bet on Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao (in his prime) or yourself vs a member of this board of your choosing. 12 rds or until KO.