• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

Bdub

Apart from the fact you seem to be missing the point that if they followed the rules the safety car should have stayed out till the end of the race, if you look at my posts, it's because Verstappen is a white trash thick douche bag prick, so there's that. I would have been pissed off if he'd beaten anybody. He's a fucking idiot.
They can pull the safety car as soon as the track is clean.

As far as young F1 drivers he seems about as unlikable as all the other really good drivers were. Alonso, Seb and Schumacher were all insufferable at that age.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
They can pull the safety car as soon as the track is clean.

As far as young F1 drivers he seems about as unlikable as all the other really good drivers were. Alonso, Seb and Schumacher were all insufferable at that age.

I don't want to get into this, but no they can't. Masi changed the rules because the rules give him an overriding right to do so (debateable) but this is absolutely against what he has implemented and publicly said previously.

Verstappen is thick as shit. I didn't find the three you mentioned at all as insufferable and they all have brains. Verstappen is white trash who's dad beat the shit out of his mum, and probably him too (we know about his mother as his dad was convicted). He's a brainless asshole no better than his father..

I don't care if you feel differently. Have any opinion you want. I'm just stating the reasons why Verstappen is a piece of shit.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Bdub - Why the fuck do you want to get into this anywa?. The two opinions are never going to meet. You clearly love Max and I don't. Fuck off trying to pursued me otherwise. I have followed F1 my entire life and I can make up my own mind. Trying to debate that the rules weren't bent is just fucking fan boy nonsense. That's the way it is. I accept that he's the champion, but it was worthy of the WWE.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Damn, what he do sleep with your wife?

I just don't like white trash fuckwits. I also can't comprehend in a primarily individual sport why anyone would like him or wish him well. Alonso, Schumacher and Vettel all intelligent people with respect for others off the race track. Not a surprise why Verstappen doesn't take the knee.

I've even heard him at interviews talking about his dad's "tough" love with pride. The only way I could ever have any respect for him is if he disowned his father and didn't espouse the same fucked up, aggressive values, but he won't do that because he's thick. He is an unconscionable little fuckwit, and it shows on the track. Anyone with that level of skill and half a brain could have won a championship before now and without the help of the race director. And if you don't know why respecting his dad and looking back at their times together with rose tinted glasses is bad see this -

The championship winner’s aggressive driving and outspoken comments have already riled many, including his British rival — and the young Dutchman admits his attitude comes from his fearsome father.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So no @Bdub - he didn't sleep with my wife, but he and his father are pieces of shit, that anyone who is a decent human being should look down upon.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Maybe the racing would be halfway decent if they'd get rid of 50%+ of the downforce. And stop racing at shithole tracks like Saudi Arabia.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The cars are too big and they keep making them bigger. This baffles me completely. Am I missing something thinking that bigger cars make it more difficult to overtake and give you less of the track for racing?

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
The cars are too big and they keep making them bigger. This baffles me completely. Am I missing something thinking that bigger cars make it more difficult to overtake and give you less of the track for racing?
Those gigantic front wings don’t help. The pre-2009 wings were great, they barely extended past the inside of the front tires. Now they’re the widest part of the car. Fucking why?

2008:

2022:
f1_2022_-_silverstone_-_07.jpg

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I was really rooting for Bubba Wallace to win that. He’s a good guy, and the added benefit of watching racist heads assplode would have been chefs kiss

Wolfman21

Chase just needs to start dumping people.

I dont really know the deal with Larson. He raced Chase rough a good bit last season and Chase played the good teammate, seemed to still get along well with him even through the offseason with the dirt stuff. Then in the Daytona 500, Chase had Larson on his rear bumper on two separate occasions toward the end of the race. Chase goes to make a move and Larson absolutely stiffs him, leaves him hanging. Now the auto club race he obviously puts him in the wall. "didn't know he was there" yeah whatever. They literally have a fucking ipad in the console now with a big ass camera on the roof pointing out the back. We'll see where this goes.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The amount of money in F1 and they manage to create regulations that make the cars significantly shitter in every way. Literally the opposite of what was needed for better racing. Heavier, bigger wheels, harder to control, lower visability, wider....

Listening to commentatore justify how having bigger, slower, harder to control cars with less visability is not necessarily going to be a bad thing is bordering on comedy.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Slower is fine, bigger is not. Is the size for safety or is it something else?

Drive to Survive dropped, now that I follow it a bit more and know what actually happened as it goes along I see some of the things that hardcore fans talk about with DTS. Still a lot of FUN tho

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Phoenix fucking sucks. The old layout with hardly any banking had better racing. Been watching for 15 minutes and haven’t seen one single pass for position. If I wanted a parade, I’d watch an F1 re-run. Zzzzzzzzz

Wolfman21

Ferarri on pole with Leclerc and P3 with Sainz. Verstappen P2 and Perez P4. All within 4 tenths of a second. Hamilton comes in 5th about 7 tenths off pole pace. Then you got Bottas in the Alfa, Magnussen in the Haas, Alonso in the Alpine, Russell in the merc and gasly in the alpha tauri.

Interesting to see Mercedes so far off pace.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Anything is better than frog face winning so I'm in on Leclerc for this one. Hopefully Merc can sort things out for 3 weeks time, but it amazes me that they've put so many resources into this new design and it's performing this badly. The simulators must be shit.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Mind you, saying that, anything is possible this race. Could be that the new "closer racing" cars and unknowns with them will end up causing collisions, especially considering there's a few aggressive racers up at the front this Grand Prix. Having Max Verstappen in a car that can effectively stick within a few meters of another for long periods without losing much speed doesn't strike me as a safe proposition. Leclerc isn't exactly known for conceeding either. I cna absolutely see this as being one of those races that drivers that stay out of trouble are suddenly in a position to win.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
These regs are junk. Cars are like snails through the corners. Verstappen vs Leclerc was good but nothing that couldn't have been done last year. All DRS.

Wolfman21

Ferrari easily the class of the field right now. We'll see where it goes, but a damn strong start from them

Magnussen and Haas a Top 5!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Haas really did a sharp 180 over the last month lol. I didn't get to watch all of it but I did see the battle where Max went for p1 a few times until he locked up his tires. Then I saw the very end when all the Hondas died. Should be a fun SZN, the cars did look crazy slow tho. I know Bahrain has a lot of slow corners but still

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's nice to see the pack shuffled. I started enjoying it a lot more in the second half of the race.

Wolfman21

Man...cash is king, ill tell ya. New York does away with vaccine mandate, but only for athletes/performers. A rocket hits a warehouse/manufacturing plant within 20 kilometers of the race track in jeddah.........race on. Can't get in the way of the almighty green

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Man...cash is king, ill tell ya. New York does away with vaccine mandate, but only for athletes/performers. A rocket hits a warehouse/manufacturing plant within 20 kilometers of the race track in jeddah.........race on. Can't get in the way of the almighty green

It was 6.2 miles away, it's pretty wild they are going forward with it. You could see the smoke on Sainz onboard footage. More and more the world is like one big onion article