• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Imo,
No I have, I just figured the second best team would figure things out. Not immediately but by 2023? I guess RBR is done until the next regs come through.

Wolfmad's joke was that Verstappen would win the next 3 titles. I was explaining that would be highly unlikely next year. You aren't even following the thread let alone F1.

Wolfman21

Imo,

Wolfmad's joke was that Verstappen would win the next 3 titles. I was explaining that would be highly unlikely next year. You aren't even following the thread let alone F1.

I said its 2026.....that allows for 5 seasons and I said he has won 3 more championships. Jesus Christ Hayvis.....the content writes itself with you

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I said its 2026.....that allows for 5 seasons and I said he has won 3 more championships. Jesus Christ Hayvis.....the content writes itself with you

Yes, I think going to a new concept I think it fucking more than highly unlikely he will win 3 of 5 titles. My point is the same.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You can't suddenly move the goal posts on that @Wolfman21 - and say "OH I DIDN'T MEAN NEXT YEAR - I MEANT HE"D WIN 3 OF THE FOLLOWING 4"... That doesn't make me look like the idiot here.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It does when you can't figure out he said 5 years instead of 3 lmao. Wolf isn't moving the goal posts you are. You're worth following F1 by urself with how you post about it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm following everything, including McLaren's 2022 title

If Lando was winning it, you could guarantee Ricciardo is so fucking dumb he'd do something to fuck it up. Same deal as Verstappen to a lesser extent. All skillzz no brain.

Wolfman21

You can't suddenly move the goal posts on that @Wolfman21 - and say "OH I DIDN'T MEAN NEXT YEAR - I MEANT HE"D WIN 3 OF THE FOLLOWING 4"... That doesn't make me look like the idiot here.

lol, you're right about one thing in this topic. Nothing I've said has made you look like an idiot.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
to be honest I wouldn't listen to either team regarding who had the best car, I'd rather the other teams on the grid's opinions because I'd expect either team to say their car is the best because they built it or get politcal and say the other was better.

Plus I haven't found anything on formula1 that says RB's car was better after Brazil.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
to be honest I wouldn't listen to either team regarding who had the best car, I'd rather the other teams on the grid's opinions because I'd expect either team to say their car is the best because they built it or get politcal and say the other was better.

Plus I haven't found anything on formula1 that says RB's car was better after Brazil.

Yes. That's why Christian Horner was claiming that Mercedes had the quicker car all season and set the narrative that it was all due to Verstappen's driving.... Makes sense.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You really haven't been followin

You just said both teams would claim they had the faster car.

Newey was admitting AFTER the event that they had a faster car, you muppet. He never admitted it at the time, which makes it accurate to me to me. Maybe not to you, but you don't seem to have been following very closely, so I'll take ur opinion with a grain assault.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You really haven't been followin

You just said both teams would claim they had the faster car.

Newey was admitting AFTER the event that they had a faster car, you muppet. He never admitted it at the time, which makes it accurate to me to me. Maybe not to you, but you don't seem to have been following very closely, so I'll take ur opinion with a grain assault.

Oh are you doing the thing where you don't read posts again?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Verstappen should have had the shamp sewn up by Brazil anyway, so who had the faster car after Brazil is kind of a moot point anyway. Lewis probably with the fractionally faster car in the last three, but not by much. On balance, as Newey said the Red Bull was faster. I don't know what bollcoks you're trying to pull here, but you're not exactly coming out with anything that's going to change my mind.

Go lick Verstappens balls for all I care. I don't rate him and you do. You don't rate Lewis. What are you even trying to prove? That Verstappen is better than Hamilton. If you want a good fanboy fight go over to Twitter and fill ur boots.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm not trying to change your mind, nobody is capable of that. You are the all knowing and all seeing orchestrator of your own universe, I've learned that much by now interacting with you.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm not trying to change your mind, nobody is capable of that. You are the all knowing and all seeing orchestrator of your own universe, I've learned that much by now interacting with you.

To be honest, I'm happy to admit when I had something wrong as I have on the covid thread, and I like debating with you, but the whole idea of going round in circles because one person thinks a racing driver is better than another is pointless. You trog trapped me. For that I congratulate you.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I just don't like when you don't read, that's all. I basically said you can't trust a team to be objective about their car and you came with Horner's dumb take on the car to highlight Verstappen's driving ability (a strategy he defaults to in every imaginable scenario) and I'm like "yep, that's what I'm tom bout". Hearing from Mercedes or RB on which car is better is worthless IMO.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I just don't like when you don't read, that's all. I basically said you can't trust a team to be objective about their car and you came with Horner's dumb take on the car to highlight Verstappen's driving ability (a strategy he defaults to in every imaginable scenario) and I'm like "yep, that's what I'm tom bout". Hearing from Mercedes or RB on which car is better is worthless IMO.

But as I said, Newey was admitting to this after the season had ended, going against what he and the team had been saying. There is absolutely no gamesmanship to be had after the season has ended. He was being honest. On balance RBR had the faster car, although Merc did at after Brazil. I think that's a general consensus from most commentators. Maybe Lando said not, but was he referring to the whole season or after Brazil?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I still would trust other teams and drivers more than the RB or Merc teams. Even after the season if you worked on the car that won you probably would want to say it was better, why wouldn't you? I know why Horner would, but not everyone has the same incentives aligned throughout the team. Other teams have less to gain or lose by saying they would prefer one car over the other, although drivers may default to Merc because the RB is notoriously hard to handle.

As far as Lando goes, probably after Brazil. I posted that just to mess with you because we were speaking about Lando earlier. You already know I'm at a severe knowledge disadvantage about this, I don't know what I'm talking about lmao. You don't heff to be mad all the time.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Also @OU11 the whole thing is rage bait to me to me. I've said before how much I absolutely detest Verstappen and Horner. That anyone can root for them to me to me is like someone rooting for Lloyd to be right about covid. Horner is the absolute epitome of short man middle England Brexit fandom, and Verstappen is clearly an unbelievably gifted white trash prick with a dad who beat he and his mother shitless when he was growing up and knocked every brain cell out of his head.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I don't like Verstappen much either, I started to root for RB because I wanted them to beat Merc in 2020 but quickly realized I'd rather not. That's when I found McLaren and Lando. He seems like a good guy and also very talented and Ricciardo for his faults is really likeable too. The more I learn about Hamilton the more I like him even if he does come off as a pretentious prick on the surface but I don't like rooting for the best teams of anything if I can help it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I still would trust other teams and drivers more than the RB or Merc teams. Even after the season if you worked on the car that won you probably would want to say it was better, why wouldn't you? I know why Horner would, but not everyone has the same incentives aligned throughout the team. Other teams have less to gain or lose by saying they would prefer one car over the other, although drivers may default to Merc because the RB is notoriously hard to handle.

As far as Lando goes, probably after Brazil. I posted that just to mess with you because we were speaking about Lando earlier. You already know I'm at a severe knowledge disadvantage about this, I don't know what I'm talking about lmao. You don't heff to be mad all the time.

As I've said this is rage bait to me. I also like going off at the deep end. I also hope you like winding me up, because I don't mind - this is Nutopia after all. If you want common ground and mutual love though, Lando is the F1 point of contact. Everything about Lando is great.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah I don't like Verstappen much either, I started to root for RB because I wanted them to beat Merc in 2020 but quickly realized I'd rather not. That's when I found McLaren and Lando. He seems like a good guy and also very talented and Ricciardo for his faults is really likeable too. The more I learn about Hamilton the more I like him even if he does come off as a pretentious prick on the surface but I don't like rooting for the best teams of anything if I can help it.

Ricciardo is fucking thick as pig shit though. Did you see the interview when they were talking about oppression of women in Saudi Arabia, and he responded by saying he didn't watch the news as it stressed him out?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That seems thoroughly on brand for him, he's never seemed very intelligent just a nice guy to be around.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
As I said Ricciardo is like Verstappen, but even more stupid. He should have won at least one championship with his skill level, but he can't put any of the other shit together at all. Dealing with him as a team principle/engineer must be so frustrating, which is why he's floated around so much.

He's one of these dangerously stupid people, though. His comments on having to quarantine were really wow.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It worked for him (Verstappen).

As far as Ricciardo I don't care, he's dumb and has likeable personality. This is a sport so not having PhDs on the track doesn't bother me. It doesn't surprise me he doesn't know anything about SA or how quarantines work but I'm not going to him for advice on either. He is acceptable as a 2nd seat to Norris. It's better than someone like MazeSPIN which isn't saying much but still.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Compare that to someone like Michale Schumacher. One of the most intelligent guys ever to race. His idiocy is why Vertappen won't ever be the GOAT. Hamilton is not a rocket scientist, but Verstappen makes him look like one in comparison.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Although if you could replace Ricciardo with Bottas I'd be all for it. I'm sure Bottas has some weird skeletons I've not heard about too though

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It worked for him (Verstappen).

As far as Ricciardo I don't care, he's dumb and has likeable personality. This is a sport so not having PhDs on the track doesn't bother me. It doesn't surprise me he doesn't know anything about SA or how quarantines work but I'm not going to him for advice on either. He is acceptable as a 2nd seat to Norris. It's better than someone like MazeSPIN which isn't saying much but still.

It almost didn't. This was Red Bull throwing everything at it at the expense of next year. He might win another if he gets lucky again, but he hasn't got the brains to pull it all together and be the next GOAT. Lando or Russell on the other hand.... Russell is particularly clever. He will find a way to win, probably multiple times, like he's found the seat in the Merc.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I'm excited to see what Russell can do in a Merc. I think the dynamic between him and Lewis could be awesome to watch if Russell is as good as advertised (no reason to not think he will be at this point). I'm curious to see how Hamilton reacts if Russell is that much better than Bottas. The writing is on the wall for Hamilton given his age, he can race for a while longer but Merc will see that Russell is the future if he starts truly competing for wins. Could get awkward.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah I'm excited to see what Russell can do in a Merc. I think the dynamic between him and Lewis could be awesome to watch if Russell is as good as advertised (no reason to not think he will be at this point). I'm curious to see how Hamilton reacts if Russell is that much better than Bottas. The writing is on the wall for Hamilton given his age, he can race for a while longer but Merc will see that Russell is the future if he starts truly competing for wins. Could get awkward.

Russell is the opposite of Verstappen which almost makes me want him to be the one that fights with him and not Lewis. He is incredibly intelligent and would know how to get to Verstappen and to work the whole situation to his advantage.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Although @OU11 - My hunch is that Russell will use his smarts to sit behind Lewis for a couple of seasons and arm himself with every possible advantage for the future. He's not a dumb ass that will get into a team fight or put anyone's nose out of joint.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well he will at some point, but is he good enough to ovetake Hamilton? The dynamics between them will be interesting. As you've said they don't need to worry about RB next year anyway so Verstappen will be an after thought.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Well he will at some point, but is he good enough to ovetake Hamilton? The dynamics between them will be interesting. As you've said they don't need to worry about RB next year anyway so Verstappen will be an after thought.

Hopefully. If I learned anything this year it's to expect the unexpected. RBR might pull it together. Everything points the other way, but Horner and Verstappen are such a cancer, the way this sim works is that they're right up there again next year, even though they lucked onto it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I've been watching breakdowns of the new car, what's your take on them limiting the dirty air caused by the wings? I'm assuming "raceability" means easier maneuvering and passing around the track since the down force will be coming from the floor instead of the wing leading to less turbulent air.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@OU11 - This is basically the WWE entertainment style series that F1 are putting together, so I absolutely, if thinking about this cynically expect them to hamper the other teams, help Red Bull and have the same all over again.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
No I mean forget about the teams, I'm just focusing on the car's redesign at the moment. I gather the power unit is some sort of equalizer since they'll be all new, but a lot has been said about the wing improving raceability by limiting the dirty air. I assume that means trailing cars will be able to pass more effectively since it won't be such a problem to be in the wake of the leading car.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I've been watching breakdowns of the new car, what's your take on them limiting the dirty air caused by the wings? I'm assuming "raceability" means easier maneuvering and passing around the track since the down force will be coming from the floor instead of the wing leading to less turbulent air.

I think they are trying to homogenise the cars to create more fairness for one thing. I think you hit the nail on the head with manoeuvrability, but for me one of the most obvious hinderances is the width of the cars which they've done nothing about. I reckon it will be same old same old. The big money teams will always find a way to get round budgets and regs and car limitations.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
No I mean forget about the teams, I'm just focusing on the car's redesign at the moment. I gather the power unit is some sort of equalizer since they'll be all new, but a lot has been said about the wing improving raceability by limiting the dirty air. I assume that means trailing cars will be able to pass more effectively since it won't be such a problem to be in the wake of the leading car.

Yeah I know. Posted that before I saw your last post.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Merc do have an advantage next year though @OU11 (according to all reports for a long time)- I think that's why F1 were so flagrant in trying to get a new champ.

Yes. I don't know why they haven't made any attempt to make the cars and wheels smaller. Imo, this would be a massive help for overtaking.

Bdub

Why you guys so butt hurt about Max. Lewis got beat fair and square. Merc screwed up their strategy twice and Lewis let Max pass him without even trying.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Why you guys so butt hurt about Max. Lewis got beat fair and square. Merc screwed up their strategy twice and Lewis let Max pass him without even trying.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

Apart from the fact you seem to be missing the point that if they followed the rules the safety car should have stayed out till the end of the race, if you look at my posts, it's because Verstappen is a white trash thick douche bag prick, so there's that. I would have been pissed off if he'd beaten anybody. He's a fucking idiot.