• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

official. CHase gets a week off. Corey Lajoie will be in the 9.

I dealt with multiple months off. 1 week is well worth making denny bitch and moan and seeing his car demolished.

Wolfman21

Damn, apparently Jimmie Johnsons wife’s parents and their 11 year old nephew were killed in some sort of murder suicide…thats fucked

Wolfman21

fuck me. They're saying that Jimmie's mother in law shot and killed her husband and grandson and then shot herself. what in the flyin fuck...She had to have some mental issue that finally just snapped

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
So they shorten the race due to darkness, but they’re going to run overtime when a caution comes out with 1.5 laps to go. Goddamn, how fucking stupid is that. It’s just going to be a demolition derby until it gets too dark to see.

Wolfman21

Dale Jr is the only one who understands that the Aussie Supercar is basically the same damn thing as NASCAR.

i think steve phelps said after the race that they went to australia to study the supercar and basically made the next gen car in its image. Honestly, this was SVG's playground and I would have been really, really surprised had he not done extremely well

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
i think steve phelps said after the race that they went to australia to study the supercar and basically made the next gen car in its image. Honestly, this was SVG's playground and I would have been really, really surprised had he not done extremely well

I told Mrs. Goblue, in the final laps, that I wasn't surprised to see SVG up front but surprised that the car didn't break on him to prevent a good finish.

Wolfman21

I think you could see some smaller teams going the route of bringing guys like SVG in though to try and make the playoffs by basically having a road course ringer try and get them a win to get in. Since NASCAR seems to want to be moving in this direction of having more road course/street races(i think 6 or 7 on the schedule? and i wouldn't be surprised to see more in the near future).

Wolfman21

Also, this car he was in isn't some garbage pile car they just threw together for a weekend. Apparently it was the exact same car that Daniel Suarez won with at Sonoma last year.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Merc gon get 2/3 because of NORRIS hards

on the other hand maybe not.
@OU11 to McLaren

cover1.jpg

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This season is a great one if you just imagine Verstappen not being there.

It's a bit worrying seeing so many teams put thier energy into upgrades though, when RB are working on next years car. Everyone should just write this year off and try to close the gap next year. Seeing Mclaren up there was awesome, but it's depressing to know they'll be back down the pile in 9 months time.

Also if RB and F1 had any sense they should try to get a challenger in the no2 car next year to stop people turning off. They'll end up bringing reg changes on themselves. Even if F1 are saying they won't do it now, when they look at the figures at the end of the year or end of next season, they'll soon change things up. A lot of people are turning off.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's a bit worrying seeing so many teams put thier energy into upgrades though, when RB are working on next years car. Everyone should just write this year off and try to close the gap next year. Seeing Mclaren up there was awesome, but it's depressing to know they'll be back down the pile in 9 months time.

Also if RB and F1 had any sense they should try to get a challenger in the no2 car next year to stop people turning off. They'll end up bringing reg changes on themselves. Even if F1 are saying they won't do it now, when they look at the figures at the end of the year or end of next season, they'll soon change things up. A lot of people are turning off.
How do you feel about what Hamilton said about F1 not allowing teams to work on next years car until later in the season?

Really it’s verstappen that’s the problem. He does have by far the best car but he’s unstoppable right now in addition to that. Perez is obviously very beatable, probably because the car is so fast it’s really hard to drive.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni

Last 2 races I watched were Canada and Monaco. Don’t plan on wasting any more time with it this season. I was there when Ferrari was winning everything in sight from 2001-2004. I don’t plan on doing that again.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
why are these cars so fucking big? I've only casually followed the past few years as more of these have been televised stateside but it feels like there's no room on the track for cool stuff (and fantastic wrecks) these guys are driving cars longer than a Lincoln Towncar

turned on the one last weekend and saw Max with a 26 second lead. WITAF?

Wolfman21

why are these cars so fucking big? I've only casually followed the past few years as more of these have been televised stateside but it feels like there's no room on the track for cool stuff (and fantastic wrecks) these guys are driving cars longer than a Lincoln Towncar

turned on the one last weekend and saw Max with a 26 second lead. WITAF?

iirc due to safety regs and the engine/fuel cell. But i could be remembering incorrectly

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
It's amazing how large they've grown. When I visited the BMW plant in SC like 15 years ago, they had Jenson Button's BMW Williams in the lobby. I think it was the 2000 model, the year before Juan Pablo joined the team. It was fucking tiny, like the size of a Lotus Seven almost. Now they're literally several feet longer and much wider. Even in 2009 with those new regs, the only thing that was really "too wide" was the front wing. Now the whole damn car is gigantic.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Danny Ric to Alpha Tauri. Rumours are that Verstappen is pushing for him to replace Perez at the end of the season. Would be really interesting. Apparently Ricciardo was second fastest on the grid in his tyre test times. He's always been comfortable in the car at RB so wouldn't be surprised to see it happen and would make next season more interesting.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Perez has always been crap. He can only ever put it together on very specific tracks that he knows really well and which suit his driving style. On new F1 tracks he's always one of the slowest learners on the grid.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
So are you saying that Perez is even stupider than Max? Based on previous posts about Max, Perez sounds like he's barely able to walk and chew gum at the same time. :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
What Perez can or can't do walking doesn't matter anymore. He gone to AT at the end of the year and DANNY RIC is coming back., DTS orchestrating the whole transition

Wolfman21

I actually had a back and forth with a dude one day who said that perez and alonso were the two most naturally talented drivers on the grid. His reasoning was because perez had out qualified verstappen a few times. I bout shit myself from laughter.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So are you saying that Perez is even stupider than Max? Based on previous posts about Max, Perez sounds like he's barely able to walk and chew gum at the same time. :laughing:

Perez isn't stupid. He just isn't good at driving. Max on the other hand is borderline retarded but exceptionally gifted at controlling a car.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Other than Max dominance this season has been pretty great, McLaren coming back from the dead and now Alfa Romeo?

And it feels like every week we are getting at least 1 Mercedes, Ferrari or Checo knocked out in Q3

Last edited: