• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

information coming out now that the saudis basically told them they will either race or not be able to leave similar to a WWE event in 2019 where the Saudi's basically held them hostage for a period of time. Just another feather in the, "Why the fuck are you racing in saudi arabia?" cap.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
information coming out now that the saudis basically told them they will either race or not be able to leave similar to a WWE event in 2019 where the Saudi's basically held them hostage for a period of time. Just another feather in the, "Why the fuck are you racing in saudi arabia?" cap.
Money. Lots and lots of money

I thing the drivers would get out but their teams were probably threatened so the drivers are probably racing for them. If I was a driver of Lewis or max’s stature I’d never go back after this weekend

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They aren’t showing Mick, hope he’s okay. Usually when they avoid showing the driver there’s a problem

Wolfman21

this has been far more fun than just watching max or lewis run away with it lol

yeah, it’s still a 2 team race…but it’s nice that it’s some newer faces. And it’s nice that Red Bull and Ferrari seem almost even right now which makes for good racing

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Does any league/promotion/etc need money bad enough to deal with the fucking Saudis? Or Qataris? They're universal picks.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Street circuits are garbage. Monaco sucks, Singapore sucks, Valencia sucked, Saudi Arabia sucks, Caesar's Palace Parking Lot sucked, etc.

Wolfman21

Denny Hamlin, who drives for Asian company Toyota, posted a video of a family guy joke about asians being bad drivers to twitter yesterday in regards to Kyle Larson...who is part Asian. He at first tried to downplay it because Larson is his friend...but then later took it down and apologized. Don't think he meant any ill intent...but man how tone deaf can one be.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
How does George Russell finish 4th and Lewis Hamilton finishes 14th a lap down? wtf

I believe two cars had issues ahead of George and if not for that they would have had the same place gained/lost. I didn't see the race this week unfortunately so I can only go by the post race thread on reddit but basically George qualified better and that's how. Also

Wolfman21

I believe two cars had issues ahead of George and if not for that they would have had the same place gained/lost. I didn't see the race this week unfortunately so I can only go by the post race thread on reddit but basically George qualified better and that's how. Also

I think the only car that had an issue that they didn't both benefit from was Leclercs late spin. Hamilton did get held up by Ocon's unsafe release...but he ran the last almost 40 laps of the race following behind Gasly in an alpha tauri and Albon in a williams...lol.

I just wish @hayvis were still around to discuss this

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think the only car that had an issue that they didn't both benefit from was Leclercs late spin. Hamilton did get held up by Ocon's unsafe release...but he ran the last almost 40 laps of the race following behind Gasly in an alpha tauri and Albon in a williams...lol.

I just wish @hayvis were still around to discuss this

Sainz, Danny, Alonso, Mick all started above and ended the day 17-20. So that's 4 spots, then LeClerc spun, I think Bottas was having some issues late IIRC. I could be wrong about Bottas but that's 5 spots anyway meaning he overtook 2 in Bottas/Mag. Now he also moved up 7 spots while Lewis only moved up 1 with all that so it's not like it really matters. George's day just looks quite a bit better than what it was.

I've seen it compared to Vettel at RB when they struggled, I'm sure it's hard for Lewis to have a dominant car for so long and not have to worry about anything but his skill and strategy and then be sat in this car. For George it's still an upgrade from what he was in last year so he's just driving as he always has done.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think the thing I read was they had the same number of clean overtakes which obviously doesn't account for Lewis losing 3 spots to Stroll/Gassley/Albon

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Wolfman21 - I think that Hamilton is really struggling mentally. Russell is used to being in a difficult situation with cars being shit, and added to that is in his first season as a Merc worls driver, so has all that enthusiasm even if the situation is far from ideal, so he's up for it far more than Lewis.

Lewis had the heartache of last year, followed by Mercedes shitting the bed with the car design (something he's not used to at all), and is probably finding it difficult to find the positive energy for a situation like this. I honestly don't understand why no commentator has pointed all of this out. Instead they're more interested with either overly defending Lewis or implying that he's not good anymore.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's also different for George and Lewis because George still has a decade plus of time left while Lewis is watching one of his last chances go to shit. Their perspectives that they are approaching this season from are completely opposite

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
My other observation on Mercedes is that they are obviously so overreliant on simulation they've lost the art of visually assesing whether a design is any good anymore. The W13 to me to me was always going to drive like a dog just from looking at it. Anyone could tell that ridiculous exposed floor was going to flex around and cause chaos. I'm pretty sure that's why Horner shut up so quickly at testing when he started to protest it - Some engineer just told him to be quiet as that thing was going to be shit and it wasn't worth getting upset about.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
PS - If that exposed floor doesn't dissappear in the upgrades, they are fucked. You can literally assess how much porpoising problems each team has by looking at how much flexible exposed floor each has. Red Bull has none. Ferarri very little.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I like the track though. Also quite funny watching them try to rinse every last penny out of the event.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
It seems everyone here is really into this shit. Why? Because its the first? Because its so fucking hot outside?