• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Spalding Buckeyes Thread

Skeeter

Uber felon
I wonder what the mindset is for trying to get a hooker. I had no problems in college and I'm certainly not a future nfl player.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
giphy.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
If only wishing made it so ...

But seriously, Ohio State loses basically everything next year. This is their starting offense and defense:

Pasted-image-at-2016_01_04-02_28-PM_thumb.png

They clearly have a ton of touted guys that will step in, but it's not that simple to just throw a 4 or 5 star recruit in there and have them shine. Plus, they have an early game in Norman, which could be a bad place for an untested team to go. Then they have back to back games in Madison and Happy Valley. The good news is that they against get MSU and Michigan in the last 2 weeks of the year, so by that time, the team should be pretty good.

It's going to be a really interesting year for Ohio State. I think they'll probably still win 10 games because BIG TENNNNNNN. But if OSU has teething problems like they did early this year, it's not hard to squint and see them losing 4 or 5 games. It's also not hard to say they could beat Oklahoma, roll through some just average teams in Wisconsin and Penn State and enter that MSU and Michigan stretch 10-0.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Urban Meyer is a great corch and the original corch, but he really fucked a goat this year. That team should have been in the playoff so easily and even when they were winning they were playing pretty poorly. Especially on offense. Would have been better off leaving Braxton Miller at QB and letting him touch it every play.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I agree with both of those. I'm probably in the minority but I expect 2-3 losses is reasonable next season. Young team gonna young.

Though Elflein will move to center and probaby be better there than Boren. Having your center and QB back is a huge help. Not sure what Okie is losing this year. Next year will be exciting.

They shit the bed this year, but I basically called all the issues early in this thread. I'm foosball-damus.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Not sure what Okie is losing this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/...g-but-ou-loaded-for-run-back-to-playoff-in-16

funny that LB dominique alexander said stuff like "we got a great chance to get back here. lot of guys coming back. but we got to get better." and then he declared for the draft. :silly:

other than shepard, OU returns every important player on offense. just need the offensive line to keep getting better and the returning WRs to start producing (easier said than done, i know). losing tapper, striker, and sanchez on defense will set them back a little, though, at least early in the season.