• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Smack Talk - Troll Bridge Ahead

Renegade

Charge on!
Reviving the thread from the old boards for rival smack talk and such.

Bm6mnieCYAALwfI.png

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Regent wants to rename Kyle Field in honor of Manziel

Jim Schwertner, a member of the Texas A&M Board of Regents, said Monday that he'd like to revise the name of Kyle Field.
His preference: "Kyle Field, the House that Johnny Built." Johnny, in this case, is now former quarterback Johnny Manziel, who won the 2012 Heisman as the Aggies were raising money for an overhaul of the stadium. He was the 22nd pick of the NFL draft, selected by the Cleveland Browns.
Schwertner, who also would like to increase the stadium size of 112,000, made his comments as A&M officials were providing an update on Kyle Field's massive renovation. He's the chairman of the committee on Buildings and Physical Plant.
"The last person that we all need to thank, and I’m very serious about this, is Johnny Manziel,” Schwertner said. “The stars came together, and we talked about this project for a long, long time. None of us were sure how quick we could pay for this project. Because of a young man by the name of Johnny Manziel we were able to raise all of the money in two months. “My vision is that someday I hope the Aggie nation will come together and decide that we can revise the name of Kyle Field to ‘Kyle Field – The House That Johnny Built.’
He said that ultimately, the current and former students would have a say in tweaking the name of Kyle Field. Schwertner pointed out that while A&M has produced two Heisman winners, Manziel was the only freshman to do so for the Aggies.
Manziel already has filed to get the trademark for "The House that Johnny Built." So he'd be in line to receive money whether or not the Aggies tweak the name of Kyle Field.

these people

Lightningwar

Administrator
Ahh yes 2012. When we had the big game turnover machine EJ at the helm. We have moved on from there and now have a true thief at QB. Stealing Gators hearts on Saturdays and Crab legs on Sunday.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Our secondary is reloaded and up for the task of stopping the Strong One, then

Hope our offense can score points this year

Lightningwar

Administrator
Our secondary is reloaded and up for the task of stopping the Strong One, then

Hope our offense can score points this year

Your secondary was up for it last year. But as you said, those offenses are an abomination under Muschamp. Your defense kept you guys in the game for nearly a half. But they were like "fuck it, our offense sucks ass" in at the end of the 2nd qtr.

Renegade

Charge on!
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/03/democrats-lead-most-fl-sen-match-ups.html

So some interesting polling data...

Most popular college teams in Florida - UF 29%, FSU 19%, UCF 12%, Miami 10%, USF 5%, FIU 3%, FAU 1%
Most popular baseball teams in Florida - Braves 13%, Rays 13%, Marlins 12%, Yankees 10%, bunch of others...
Most popular NFL teams in Florida - Fins 28%, Bucs 15%, Packers 9%, Patriots 8%, Jaguars 7%

Tough for the Jags. I think it's the shitty NFL TV deal that doesn't lead to every in-state team being on the in-state markets. It's rare that Tallahassee gets the Jags games on broadcast because we always get the Dolphins. If the NFL ensured that the in-state teams were always available on the in-state markets, I think that'd help the Jags immensely. It's hard to be a Jags fan when you have to buy Sunday Ticket to be able to see them every week...

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The straw that broke the camel's back for me in terms of NFL bandwagoning was Michael Vick. I was a huge Vick fan, my favorite player, bought an actual replica jersey of his, etc. It became an inside joke in the fantasy league I did with my dad that our team would always take Vick 3 rounds too early. Then Vick went to jail and I became jaded from NFL forever. Still picked Vick every year doe.

Wooly

I thought Brunell was so good when I was a kid. Then I looked at his numbers recently. Ho Lee Fuk
I watched Brunell play when he was in HS. Singlehandedly took his team into the CIS playoffs with a small Catholic scool that was never good at football before or after. Guy was such a stud.