• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Should Gator be let back in the WBL?

How vote ye?

• Total voters

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
:laughing: This only happened once when I traded Nico and Silky. You wanting heads up 7-up on a guy who has 200IP+ over last 10 years.
Bitch i tried to trade him for a #3 prospect adding a first and an elite closer. Im not asking too much

I am talking about everyone else

jdlikewhoa

You were the one saying youd tradd corbishly for him. I said I'd do it straight up and now im left in the rain with no umbrella
I reel e hope you pick up another young ace. Then when we meet in the championship ever year for the next 10 years, the live sims will be like watching UBL Key West play a split squad game at Margarita Field. Prepare for the snooze fest of 1-0 , 2-1, 2-0 games

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Worst is the big homie

You are just big
MFW+the+gif+loops+perfectly_0d0ef5_4635691.gif

NML

Just curious - if we did an expansion draft, how would that work? my guess would be...

- can only draft from 40 man
- protect ~18 per team?
- max one player per team (or two per team since we have two expansion teams)
- 15 rounds?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Their minor league systems would also need to be populated as well. Do they get put into the draft order for the year before they will enter the league, and then just sign FA guys to flesh out the individual rosters?

Do the sizes of the draft classes get bigger? Or is it just the same amount of talent spread out wider?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php?man=ootp12&page=league_expansion

There, but we aren't doing that right now. It really could mess up the league bad if we end up with 8 owners again. Nothing is worse than the CPU's dumbassery. Another thing is file size, @Karl Hungus draft sizes will get bigger by two teams' worth of picks. So 36 players. Our file size is already creeping, throwing the idea around in my head of checking the "delete if they don't make it to the WBL" option for retired minor leaguers.

NML

Their minor league systems would also need to be populated as well. Do they get put into the draft order for the year before they will enter the league, and then just sign FA guys to flesh out the individual rosters?

Do the sizes of the draft classes get bigger? Or is it just the same amount of talent spread out wider?

I'd say just sign FAs to fill out ur minors. But judging from OUs post, OOTP already has it figured out.

Do want expansion team.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Do these leagues that run 30+ teams not have file size issues, or do they just not care if it take 5 mins or so to download?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'd say just sign FAs to fill out ur minors. But judging from OUs post, OOTP already has it figured out.

Do want expansion team.
Allowing current owners to take an expansion team sounds like a recipe for disaster. Fire sale if you are bored.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Do these leagues that run 30+ teams not have file size issues, or do they just not care if it take 5 mins or so to download?

Guessing it is the latter, they only download once a week or month though it seems like. We go every night. I'm still not sure that the file size is what started causing problems with the UBL, it is just a theory. It could be fine to have a 50 GB file size or more, I really don't know. I just don't want to have to make another league again :laughing:

NML

Obviously we don't want a ton of CPU teams, but we want to open the league to guys like worst too.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Obviously we don't want a ton of CPU teams, but we want to open the league to guys like worst too.

The guy who said he may or may not want to play? The guy who we had an open team for for like 2 months and didn't come to our @s? Nah b, look I'd love to have worst in here, but you're being really short sighted with this.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I find it hard to believe it's the file size given some of these league have been running since OOTP v1. I think we are all just impatient :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Plus you of all people know that guys just quit sometimes. You quit randomly one day because you got tired of it. It happens often, we've been full for like 2 weeks. Reel may Black History Month us soon, we never know.

NML

Allowing current owners to take an expansion team sounds like a recipe for disaster. Fire sale if you are bored.

Well it definitely could be, but I wouldn't do that. Don't know if id trust figs or cornfed with it doe

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I find it hard to believe it's the file size given some of these league have been running since OOTP v1. I think we are all just impatient :laughing:

It was borking the file a lot, people were having to reinstall the thread almost nightly. The only thing I know that changed was file size (we got into the 35-42 range).

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
bdub and gator are probably first in line, but both have also quit twice. I'd be fine if someone like w2f or @Clintmartian was serious about joining, but we don't want CPU teams halfway through their first season.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It was borking the file a lot, people were having to reinstall the thread almost nightly. The only thing I know that changed was file size (we got into the 35-42 range).
Isn't it well over that now? I blame the borking on user error.