• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SEC Thread

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
ESSS EEE CEE

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-phone-call-clemson-fan-michigan-jim-harbaugh

Rashan Gary, the No. 1 overall recruit in the class of 2016, received a disturbing racist phone call one week before he announced his commitment to Michigan.

According to a report from NorthJersey.com, Paramus Catholic High School's athletic department — where Gary played in high school — received a phone call directed at Gary at roughly 2:30 a.m. on Jan. 28 from "Clemson Dan," who left a thinly veiled threat to the defensive tackle.

"Yes, this here is 'Clemson Dan,' and this message is for Mr. Rashan Gary. We just wantin' to know if you're coming down here for a visit, you better be serious about it, 'cause there's only two things we love and that's Clemson football and the KKK.

So you better not be fooling around, if you're gonna get a visit, you better be committin'.

So, just be aware, this ain't no fooling thing. We Clemson. We big-time football down here.

We don't take no losers, no stragglers, no lazies, no dumb people...so if you're coming down here, you gotta do just like the KKK and be serious about your football.

So if you're coming down here, you better be serious. All right Rashan Gary, you better be the real deal. Over and out, this is "Clemson Dan" saying goodbye."​
It is unknown whether "Clemson Dan" is who he said he was, or a fan from a rival school trying to dissuade him from committing to the Tigers. But the former Paramus Catholic star was still faced with the ugly reality of fans who take the game too seriously.

The incident is under investigation by Paramus police. The police have no suspects as of yet.

Paramus Catholic took immediate action regarding the call, and took great pains to ensure Gary would have security when he did visit Clemson sometime after it. Paramus Catholic president Jim Vail called defensive coordinator Brent Venables to ensure it.

Venables' initial reaction was that Clemson Dan was actually a fan from another school vying for Gary's services. Jennifer Coney, Gary's mother, shared his opinion. She called the call "crazy" and said it was "absolutely not" from Clemson.

"They wouldn’t have done that, being that we’re black people from the North. Why would you say that I’m ‘Clemson Dan’ and say something about threatening from the Ku Klux Klan and we’re serious down here?” Coney said. “I would think that there was somebody who didn’t want Rashan to consider Clemson.”

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
The phone call was far too SEC like to put in the ACC thread, plus I really had no clue what conference Clemson was in

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Looks like there are nuts in every fan base... And the sky is blue. Clemson is "big time". Now, that's funny. Two good years with an all world QB doesn't make you "big time". If that's the case, Boise State should be ESS EEE SEE.

coogrfan

Coincidence?

http://247sports.com/Board/30/Conte...ie-calls-recruits-N-word-on-Twitter-44941565/

Every now and again, someone makes such a spectacular ass of himself, that we all just need to take a moment and ponder the outrageous, flawed absurdity on display. Enter the curious case of Daniel Figurelli, current aggie graduate business school student (@tamu.edu email address) and intern at PriceWaterhouseCoopers.

Daniel has been creating fake UT (Texas) twitter accounts and sending racists tweets to football recruits with a #Hookem hashtag. He then re-tweets his racist tweets from his real account and talks about how racist UT fans are. To give you an idea of how disgusting he got, one of his fake twitter accounts was "Niggers for UT".

Yes, he went there.

For an example of his art, he sent this to RB, and Ohio St. Commit, JK Dobbins (and to others):
Selling yourself to other schools and not coming to UT like a nigger, wow. Don't be a total faggot, #HookEm.

Full disclosure: Figurelli graduated from UH last fall and is now a grad student at TAMU. He was a frequent poster on at least one UH fan board, where he portrayed himself as an insider with knowledge of Houston's impending move to the B12. This ended when he got called out for creating a second user account in a pathetic attempt to increase his credibility.

http://www.scout.com/college/housto...i-sock-puppets-and-investment-advice-have-fun

Last edited:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I didn't realize Charlie Villanueva played for Tennessee.

jD8thv3.jpg

*keith runs the ball into the endzone, takes a knee, and points to the sky*

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Two sec west teams in the championship would be better lol

It would be interesting to see them realign divisions to North/South.

#MizzouLivesMatter
PIGS
Tree Poisoners and Tea Baggers
Vandy
Highway Cleanup Crew
Bluegrass
Carolina

Daddy
Purple Reign
Cowbell Cult
Ole White Folks
Barn
Dawgs
Go Gata

Cross-Division Rivalries:
Missouri/Florida
Arkansas/LSU
Alabama/Auburn
Vanderbilt/Ole Miss
Tennessee/Georgia
Kentucky/Mississippi State
South Carolina/Texas A&M

Lightningwar

Administrator
It is going to be interesting to watch Ole Piss not get punished for paying players. One positive from this is if an SEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCC team gets nailed for paying players. The movement to start paying players will leap forward.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator

Pretty good for a big feller. Not sure what this means for footbaw, but he's a good atholete.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Way less than 2+ years of legal fees. And believe me, if there was evidence that Jones said what they claim, we would have seen it. The plaintiff's entire strategy from day one was to try this case in the media by releasing information on a weekly basis in hopes of pressuring UT to settle. They didn't have enough proof to win a suit. The fact that 9 plaintiffs accepted 2.4 million should tell you that.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Way less than 2+ years of legal fees. And believe me, if there was evidence that Jones said what they claim, we would have seen it. The plaintiff's entire strategy from day one was to try this case in the media by releasing information on a weekly basis in hopes of pressuring UT to settle. They didn't have enough proof to win a suit. The fact that 9 plaintiffs accepted 2.4 million should tell you that.

And conversely, if Tennessee knew it had a strong enough case to win that very same lawsuit, then they wouldn't have offered $2.4 MM to settle.

That logic can work both ways.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Well you will learn in law school that you can never trust a jury and it is still far less than legal fees, so no, the logic doesn't really work both ways.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
So, if you are innocent, you should always settle? I've never attended law school, so I'm willing to be educated.

If UT had nothing to worry about and was innocent/not culpable, then why not give a middle finger to the plaintiffs and take it to court? Are legal fees (whatever number they may be) worth the damage to UT's reputation?

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
You can't be serious right now. It is not UT's case. They are the defendant. The plaintiff's have to prove their case. If the plaintiff's thought they could prove their case, they would not have settled for such a relatively small sum. The trial wasn't set until late in 2018. 2+ years of legal fees would be well in excess of 2.4 million dollars and juries are unpredictable. Why even gamble if you can end it for less money? Tennessee is a publicly funded university and if they can end this case and save the tax payers of the state millions by doing so, then I think they are obligated to do it. You think this is a bigger hit to their reputation than 2 years of this story dragging and then a trial would be? Even if they won the suit, that would be far more damaging. Especially considering that Baylor is taking all the heat right now.

Any decent lawyer or accountant would have settled this case just based on economics alone, let alone the PR disaster that a trial would have been.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I do enjoy @Southpaw pulling out the law school card. You don't settle a nuisance suit for $2.4 million. Even though that might have been less than the cost of defending this lawsuit, an entity with deep pockets do not go handing millions of dollars all willy-nilly to settle lawsuits.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I do enjoy @Southpaw pulling out the law school card. You don't settle a nuisance suit for $2.4 million. Even though that might have been less than the cost of defending this lawsuit, an entity with deep pockets do not go handing millions of dollars all willy-nilly to settle lawsuits.
That was sarcasm, dude. Thought that was fairly obvious.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Well maybe because it was in response to whitey and he likes to point out my "legal training" in other disagreements we have had.

Like I am one to brag about going to night law school.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
No, I get it. I understand all of that. I've got no problem with what UT did. However, if you expect Joe Blow, who will judge the reputation of UT, to understand all of that? Good luck.

I've seen it first hand.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Oh yeah I agree. A settlement makes people think you are guilty in the court of public opinion for sure. I just think a trial would have been far worse, even if they won.

I actually do care that the school isn't promoting some rape culture, especially since my step daughter is starting there in August. So it's not like I am just interested in this because SEC Footbawwww fan.

I just think this was a bullshit lawsuit from the start. I am sure everything wasn't handled properly, but I think a large part of that is the provision of Title IX that forces schools to investigate sex assault cases in the first place. That is not what they should be doing. The large numbers of reported and unreported sex assaults that happen on college campuses are problems with our patriarchal society as a whole and not confined to Baylor or Tennessee or Florida State.

Brick

@Southpaw are you watching ur PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH right now? bet BOC has the tissues out. watching him and kirby smart and they all SAY ALL THE RIGHT THINGS. don't even know why they have these because they're so robotic and practiced.

two words all SEC corches say the same

individuals: IN-DUH-VID-JULES
program: PRO-GRUM

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
@Southpaw are you watching ur PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH right now? bet BOC has the tissues out. watching him and kirby smart and they all SAY ALL THE RIGHT THINGS. don't even know why they have these because they're so robotic and practiced.

two words all SEC corches say the same

individuals: IN-DUH-VID-JULES
program: PRO-GRUM
Haha yeah I heard they were going today. No, I am definitely not watching. Government jerb. No free coffee, no free tele. I wouldn't watch anyway. I think they are primed for a great season, but I don't give a shit what any of them have to say. Just win babby.

Soonerfan09

Ok, so did anyone uh ok, watch Derek Mason's press conference, ok?
I watched it yesterday, didn't watch any of it today. He needs some public speaking work. Seems like a very likable guy though.

Brick

Saban press conference. Man, media is still really creepy about Lane Kiffin. Weirdest thing.