• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

S6/WK 15 ADV Tue 10 PM EST

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I will be as soon as I can. I got to put a couple of kids to bed so it will probably be around 9:45-10 pm EST. It might be a little sooner, but definitely NLT 10pm EST.

Good luck, this is basically the National Championship.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
NIU beats Houston 70-45. I apologize for going one score over the cap, it was 63-38 at the end of the 3 and I super simmed the rest of the game with my backups in and Houston fumbled inside the 10 and my backup ran it in from 3 yards out with about 3 minutes left before I even noticed. My bad. I scored 56 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters thanks to 3 Houston interceptions.

NIU puts up 681 yards, running 49 times for 328 yards and 6 TD and throwing 17 of 28 for 353 yards and 4 TD. Houston was horrendous on D.

McCauley threw for 353 and 4 TD and ran for 140 and a TD. Dudley ran for 106 yards and 2 TD because I wanted to limit Hansen's touches so he doesn't leave early. Dudley is a senior, figured I'd get him reps, he did well. Hansen did catch 7 passes for 81 yards and a TD though. Hansen will probably try to leave early anyway but at least I can talk him back.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
How late?

i am gone til real late Monday and Tuesday so I will go on auto if it doesn't work out

Will you be back Wednesday? That actually might work best for me because I have exams until Tuesday and it's going to be real hectic until they're over.

RamesuThe1

Troy earns the American Athletic Conference title by the skin on their teeth, defeating the Miners on the road 41-40. The game sealing play was a Hawthorne fumble on a scramble 20 yards out of gw-fg range, the Trojans recovered to put the game on ice. GG Navyhog

Last edited:

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
That one hurts. Up 12 with 3:30 left and I couldn't stop the pass. I had a couple OD game ending interceptions that my guys just dropped. It evens out because you had a couple too.

I thought this was my year. GG.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Troy earns the C-USA title by the skin on their teeth, defeating the Miners on the road 41-40. The game sealing play was a Hawthorne fumble on a scramble 20 yards out of gw-fg range, the Trojans recovered to put the game on ice. GG Navyhog

Actually we are in the American conference.

RamesuThe1

That one hurts. Up 12 with 3:30 left and I couldn't stop the pass. I had a couple OD game ending interceptions that my guys just dropped. It evens out because you had a couple too.

I thought this was my year. GG.

On the drive before last what compelled you to throw it three times when you just rammed the read down my throat so easily on the drive before?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
On the drive before last what compelled you to throw it three times when you just rammed the read down my throat so easily on the drive before?

I should have kept with it for sure. Was trying to go against tendencies and it backfired.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Sounds just like my game vs Ram. I dropped so many INTs. When you get him to make a mistake, you need to convert it otherwise you're screwed.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Sounds just like my game vs Ram. I dropped so many INTs. When you get him to make a mistake, you need to convert it otherwise you're screwed.

I really had a great rhythm going on offense with counter, read option and stretch out of Pistol Ace, Twin TE slot, Strong and Full House. I ran for almost 300 yards. It was stupid to not use it when I was up 5 with 2 minutes left.

Stopping a 99 OVR QB for 3 downs is almost impossible. My secondary is loaded too. Credit goes to him for mixing up his passes. I never could anticipate what he was going to do.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I meant Monday or Tuesday. Like I said no big deal....just trying to move things along if possible since 3-7 teams are done already.

Maybe Monday. Tuesday is out since I'm flying home and won't get in until 10:45 EST or something.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I would rather wait an extra day to see ya guys play than see a SIM.

It's all good if it's Wednesday.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
There are rumors circulating around DeKalb late tonight that Huskie offensive coordinator Charlie Weis has been fired by Head Coach Jordan Lynch. Weis was in his second season as NIU's offensive coordinator and the Huskies currently rank 1st in the nation in offense, 1st in the nation in rushing and 1st in the nation in points per game. Despite the offensive success, multiple news outlets have reported friction between Lynch and Weis, with many suggesting Lynch had taken over play calling duties over the second half of the season.

No official announcement has been made by the Athletic Department at this time but student reporters from the Northern Star were on scene as Coach Weis left the facilities flanked by two campus police officers. When asked for comment, an unnamed staff member suggested that Coach Weis may have had improper relations with a baconator on campus grounds and was dismissed on the spot. This would not be the first controversial off the field action by Weis this year, as earlier in the season Weis was seen leaving the press box to take this photo at halftime:

Weisbeej-600x468.jpg

It is unknown at this time who will take over as offensive coordinator for the Huskies next season, but it is likely that Head Coach Jordan Lynch will take over for the bowl game. During Lynch's press conference following the crushing defeat to the Troy Trojans, he suggested the need for a more physical offense. We will see what comes of that as we get to the off-season.

We'll have more as the story develops.