• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

S2 WK 7 ADV ?

SandS2910

Btw guys, we need to change the recruiting rules. I'll be dying a slow death with just TX and LA for my recruiting states.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Walter323

Btw guys, we need to change the recruiting rules. I'll be dying a slow death with just TX and LA for my recruiting states.

2 of the most football rich states..... You pretty much have your pick of of any Texas recruit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

As someone who is in the exact same boat,

Kate-McKinnon-No.gif

Build a pipeline elsewhere. You also, as Walter said, have a ton of Texas guys to pick from. There were two 4* TEs that you led me on in the preseason and probably could've gotten at least one and you didn't look at either.

SandS2910

2 of the most football rich states..... You pretty much have your pick of of any Texas recruit

Sorry, don't agree. Most of my interested players hail from CA. I've lost 5 interested this year to other schools. Last year, I signed 4 4*, 1 3* and the rest were 1*. Isn't this supposed to be realistic?

bluejay13

@SandS2910 should have picked Nebraska. Pipelines to TX, CA, Missouri, and Florida. All good ratings for pitches and since it's in the middle of everywhere the "away from home" pitch is at worst a C-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SandS2910

@SandS2910 should have picked Nebraska. Pipelines to TX, CA, Missouri, and Florida. All good ratings for pitches and since it's in the middle of everywhere the "away from home" pitch is at worst a C-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may just do that... As long as TXHusker isn't coming back

SandS2910

I wouldn't switch from Texas. You can crush it recruiting with Texas.

Not when every team in this league is bidding for the same players. I'm a "stick with who's interested guy." I cannot do this and survive another recruiting class like last season. As it is, I have no commits. Need 21 but only have 13 being recruited. So you're saying, that a 6* school should settle for 2* players? That's all I'm going to get this year. I've never had this much trouble recruiting due to players that I can't recruit, even though I'm in their top 3.

Walter323

Not when every team in this league is bidding for the same players. I'm a "stick with who's interested guy." I cannot do this and survive another recruiting class like last season. As it is, I have no commits. Need 21 but only have 13 being recruited. So you're saying, that a 6* school should settle for 2* players? That's all I'm going to get this year. I've never had this much trouble recruiting due to players that I can't recruit, even though I'm in their top 3.

I think you need to adjust your recruiting strategy.
-There are plenty of stud recruits outside the too 150 you can go after from all over the country
-sometimes a recruit won't be interested but you are the highest rated team for weekly "Bonus" points

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator

You always, always, always should have 35 on your board. They collect points even if you assign no points. That way you have 2nd, 3rd and 4th options if the main guys fall through.

I revaluate my board each week. Drop, add all the way up to around week 11, but I always have 35 on my board. Also in your case we were going head to head for a couple guys. I was putting in 500, and you were putting in 300 - you were not going to catch me yet you kept dumping in points. Unless you're willing to go "all in" you need to dump guys if your losing ground each week.

One more "trick" - sort OL/DL by squat numbers. The higher the squat, the higher the OVR. You can find 2 and 3 star guys who go 73(+8) OL/DL all the time that no one is recruiting (more so on the OL then DL side).

SandS2910

Come on ladies, I don't need recruiting lessons. I need more options.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Something something lead a horse to water, something something can’t make them drink.

Walter323

Come on ladies, I don't need recruiting lessons. I need more options.

Not sure when you left the last Powerhouse, but this is the 13th or 14th season that we have done it this way. It seems to have worked out pretty well and adds another degree of difficulty and a little more strategy that separates us from other OD's.

I am currently trying to get another pipeline state so I'm not stuck in the same states as everybody else. It doesn't magically happen in 1 season.
If it looks like I'm not going to sign a full class, I will try and sign a few guys from a new state that I want to eventually have as a pipeline state.

It's only 5 guys for a pipeline. You already have 2 young guys from CA on your team, plan ahead and sign 3 more guys at any rating to get your pipeline for next season.

There are 2710 recruits and you can recruit 95.3% of them.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Pretty much.

You just have to find places to go where other people aren't. It takes some time to build the pipeline, but it's so easy once you do. When I was at VT, I recruited Louisiana. It took me like two seasons to do it, but then I had pretty much free reign of a state where there are some good blue chips. When I was at Kansas, I was building pipelines at Illinois and Ohio, since there would be little competition but a good amount of good players. I'm in the same boat now at TAMU. It's gonna take some time to build stuff up, but I don't mind it and in the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy having pipelines in two of the top five recruiting states.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
90% of my recruits come outside the Top 150. I really don’t pay much attention to pipelines. I put a lot of my points towards scouting, looking for guys who have big SQ or BP numbers and online guys who are actually faster than their reported times (guys who say 4.62 who are in the 4.5 category, and so on down the line). Being able to scout online is an advantage.