• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Rutgers-Michigan Suicide Watch Thread

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Gary Nova looks like a bartender at a gay hispanic club

He looks like this guy to me

sam3.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
No idea how that wasn't a catch, B1G refs ...

And why does Michigan have to challenge that? It has to be reviewed. Jesus.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That is bunch of bullshit. Fuck off refs. He took 3 steps before the ball came out (out of bounds!). Absolutely ridiculous.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
And then the stupidest FG attempt ever. This is so classic Michigan under Hoke. Ugh.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
How is it that Rutgers can false start and then get a running clock? Is that really the rule?

Rutgers looks dumb as fuck rushing the field. You really think that was a meaningful win? Jfc. A big win relatively speaking? I guess. Sure as hell not worthy of rushing the field.

That 3rd down CATCH by Darboh was just that... a catch. I have no idea how that's ruled incomplete. If that's the letter of the rule influencing that one, change the goddamn rule. No person familiar with football thinks for a second that was incomplete. O'Hara put it perfectly -- what's the ruling if that was caught in the field of play? It's either a fumble or he's down by contact.

What a clusterfuck of ineptitude all around.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Whatever, that was a terrible call, but we're also losing to Rutgers. That's the problem right there.

Whatever, that was a terrible call, but we're also losing to Rutgers. That's the problem right there.

That call was so fucking awful.

They played better than the horror shows of the recent handful of weeks. Far from pretty but at least an effort you can kinda be proud of.

They're a hot mess and Rutgers deserved to win but at least I didn't entirely loathe them while watching. That's really the only positive I got.

We're at the point where moral victories are relevant now. This season is a lost cause.

Congrats to Rutgers.

*edit*

maybe even more embarrassing than the result of the challenge was the fact that Hoke had to call a TO just to have that play reviewed. How that wasn't initiated by the booth is beyond me

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
We lost to Rutgers, and it wasn't an upset. Fuck everything else. I was more miserable watching this game than any other, including when I was in the stadium for the Minnesota game last week.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
We lost to Rutgers, and it wasn't an upset. Fuck everything else. I was more miserable watching this game than any other, including when I was in the stadium for the Minnesota game last week.

Take a page out of my book....don't watch the game....follow on Gamecast....give zero fucks until The Noid is fired.

Take a page out of my book....don't watch the game....follow on Gamecast....give zero fucks until The Noid is fired.

Gamecasts do take the emotion out of it. I used to employ that trick back in the day and will be whipping it back out if UM and the Pats keep trending in the directions they are.

Wooly

They played better than the horror shows of the recent handful of weeks. Far from pretty but at least an effort you can kinda be proud of.

They're a hot mess and Rutgers deserved to win but at least I didn't entirely loathe them while watching. That's really the only positive I got.

We're at the point where moral victories are relevant now. This season is a lost cause.

Congrats to Rutgers.

*edit*

maybe even more embarrassing than the result of the challenge was the fact that Hoke had to call a TO just to have that play reviewed. How that wasn't initiated by the booth is beyond me

I saw the score and was wondering of Mich was just no longer trying and Hoke had lost the team. You make it sound like they did have some effort, and still lost to Rutgers. Mich does have some talent, what is going on?

The effort I saw was primarily from the HBs and OL. Gardner made some bad decisions but he at least seemed to have semblance of a head on his shoulders. The defense was a sieve but showed some emotion and effort. The play calling was better.

It seemed like they cared about what they were doing and were playing with effort and physicality. They didn't get entirely punked like in recent weeks.

A complete mess, still, but as I mentioned in my above post, I didn't find myself hating the team as I watched them. If nothing else they seemed to be trying.

that doesn't change the fact that there are some major systemic issues with this team and it starts with the AD and goes down from there. Wholesale changes are needed.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Fuck, what a loser's mentality. At least they looked like they were trying! Great. They still lost.

To Rutgers. Sorry Rutgers Mike.

Fuck, what a loser's mentality. At least they looked like they were trying! Great. They still lost.

To Rutgers. Sorry Rutgers Mike.

I didn't justify the result, I simply said it was more bearable to watch than their recent games.

Don't really see the "loser's mentality" in that. :dunno:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I didn't justify the result, I simply said it was more bearable to watch than their recent games.

Don't really see the "loser's mentality" in that. :dunno:

Congrats to Rutgers.

*edit*

The post just seemed like a continuation of the bolded here. I'm not proud of that shit fest. I'm proud only when they win, and even then that's pretty rare.

Wooly

Too soon, that's all. Tomorrow you might be able to actually give game analysis. Tonight Deadman is only here for drinking and fighting, and it looks like he just ran out of booze.

I mean, I get it.

if this was a Patriots game I wouldn't be here touting moral victories and stating that I was pleased with the effort.

Deadman is a more invested fan than I. I've been able to step back a bit and find myself less involved in the outcomes of UM games.

Not the same with the Pats, though. I get very emotionally invested with their games.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
It's like they play great for two plays then almost relax and the opponent takes advantage. Bs incomplete call but whatever.