• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

RIP Mr. Padre (Tony Gwynn dies at 54)

GR8 2 B FL G8R

RIP
10456_10151226194446030_1784080102_n.jpg

I dedicate the infamous white grandpa shoes to Mr. Padre

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I saw him play a bunch of times growing up… one of the best true professionals of all-time. Played on some terrible teams and never complained. At the end of his career I think a lot of other guys would've gone to the Yankees/another AL contender and become a DH but he stayed with the Pads. I'll never comprehend how he hit .324 his last two years on basically one leg. IMO by far the best average hitter of his generation by far (is anyone close) and top 5 all-time when you consider his era.

I had a friend who played for him at San Diego State and considers him a second father. Very sad day for baseball.

Wooly

I saw him play a bunch of times growing up… one of the best true professionals of all-time. Played on some terrible teams and never complained. At the end of his career I think a lot of other guys would've gone to the Yankees/another AL contender and become a DH but he stayed with the Pads. I'll never comprehend how he hit .324 his last two years on basically one leg. IMO by far the best average hitter of his generation by far (is anyone close) and top 5 all-time when you consider his era.

I had a friend who played for him at San Diego State and considers him a second father. Very sad day for baseball.
Wade Boggs is in the discussion.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Boggs was one of my favorite players growing up, but I give Gwynn the edge based on him having no knees the majority of his career.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
The union tribune website is down, in what I am sure is not a coincidence

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Just imagine if you kept a chalupa in your cheek for 3 hours every day for 20 years
At least it's not tobacco, pav. I have never smoked, snuffed or chewed in my life, and I like to keep it that way. Rest in peace, Tony, but you could have easily prevented all this...

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Carl's Jr. is way better for Taco Bell. I don't know about health wise though...

jdlikewhoa

Oh jdlikewhoa,

I didn't even go to Taco Bell today, but keep reaching, you tryhard. You're obviously the picture of "I Just Got Another Rise from Hachiko...Again. Ha Ha Ha Ha...".

Lol. Taco Bell, Carls Jr, whatever

Me insulting you means you got a rise out of me? Oh Hachi... keep on

Last edited:

GR8 2 B FL G8R

It's not a meme, it's a menu item. But, if you like, okay, so it shall.

Don't tell me you eat that fucking iceberg lettuce #salad nonsense from fast food joints and think it's healthy

Son, you live in California. I have been to that gr8 st8 as evidenced by my Mr. Padre picture. Surely, you can get superfood #salads, rich in antioxidants, covered in hemp seeds for protein, at one of the plethora of hippy restaurants.

Last edited: