• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Restarting/Increasing Immersion

Thoughts on restarting the league?

• I'm in

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would quit if this happened

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • This wouldn't solve the issues

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • The league is fine

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Am unable to get the batch file to open. Command screen flashes for a split second. Have downloaded twice now in firefox and tried in another browser. Still the same result. Someone else wants to take a crack at it?

Got it, took a quick run at it and did 96 div games, 66 sub league games. If someone has numbers to make it balanced lemme know but I don't have time to math right now

jUOu69X.png

Wooly

I am intetested in the hunger games.

Before you laugh @Travis7401 , I really didn't know what we were doing the one season I was involved before it ended. I am up for it now.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Got it, took a quick run at it and did 96 div games, 66 sub league games. If someone has numbers to make it balanced lemme know but I don't have time to math right now

If we were to play 54 sub league (3H/3A=6G x 9T), that leaves 108 divisional games for 8 teams. We could alternate 13 and 14 games played (108/8=13.5 for you mathamaticians out there) against divisional foes.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If we were to play 54 sub league (3H/3A=6G x 9T), that leaves 108 divisional games for 8 teams. We could alternate 13 and 14 games played (108/8=13.5 for you mathamaticians out there) against divisional foes.

You'd want the balanced side to be the divisional games though

chibob

You would be shaking like leaf if we turned our collective front office intellect on your futbol league.

I wouldn't even mind losing to some of you if you took it this seriously.

I know nothing about baseball so OOTP would be a hard adjustment.

But if some of you fancy a move away from baseball to Futball then let's talk

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

Hit me up babby. Legit - I'm ready to learn "the beautiful game".

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

The GMs of two of our best teams knew nothing about baseball.

chibob

We tried an online FM game a few years ago. It wasn't great. Maybe they've improved it some?

Yeh I remember.

I don't know how OOTP works to be fair. Do you sim each game of each season or each month?! Or do you guys play through each game?

FM works best when you're all online but you do spend a lot of time waiting on people to finish turns or hit continue, but if you put a timer in place it sorts itself out. There is always so much to do that you can spend a few hours on a turn if you want or a few seconds (if you want your coaches to handle it).

As long as you have some rules in place and a dedicated individual to run it works pretty well.

Last year I did a two player game with my soon to be brother in law which was really fun. He took Liverpool and I took Spurs.

It would be fun doing one here with all the the premier and teams drawn at random (with maybe the top six/five excluded)

chibob

Football Manager online games aren't very good though

They can be though.

Once you commit to your team.

Iv found in the past that you can get very deep into a network game as long as the group is commited.

chibob

I don't think you'd have trouble converting people if it actually worked. Most of us have played FM, but online doesn't work well.

Could trial and error it and see what happens.

It's available for 16 british squiggles on G2A.com

chibob

If you have to be online at the same time it just won't work.

You'd need to all be online for the start, for transfers and setting your squads up but after that you can sim and week by week. Share the save file before games and so people can set their line ups etc then sim again. It's kinda a water down version though and the real solution is to be online when you can.

Like I said, it would be trial and error to see what works.

Getting everyone online at the same time can't be too hard. Just got to figure out the optimum time with all the different time zones.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You'd need to all be online for the start, for transfers and setting your squads up but after that you can sim and week by week. Share the save file before games and so people can set their line ups etc then sim again. It's kinda a water down version though and the real solution is to be online when you can.

Getting everyone online at the same time can't be too hard. Just got to figure out the optimum time with all the different time zones.

Good luck trying to get 18 folks on all at once!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Yeah this definitely won't work. We can barely get everyone to export in the same 24 hour period once a month.

OOTP's set up is pretty solid for how it works. Commissioner exports a file to a server. Players download it and then export. No passing around needed and everything is done within the game.

chibob

Yeah this definitely won't work. We can barely get everyone to export in the same 24 hour period once a month.

OOTP's set up is pretty solid for how it works. Commissioner exports a file to a server. Players download it and then export. No passing around needed and everything is done within the game.

The AI is pretty robust. All you have to be about for is your the initial pre season and then you can dip in and out to suit your schedule.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Is FM really good? I want it but don't know if I have time to play it a lot. Already using my 5 minutes a day.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah I looked at demo once and was overwhelmed thinking "this shit is complicated".

chibob

Yeah I looked at demo once and was overwhelmed thinking "this shit is complicated".

Hands down it is the greatest coach/manager sim game going.

The 2017 version is one of the better iterations in recent years.

They role is out yearly (like other Sports games) so in some years its mostly just a new set of rosters and updated 'graphics' etc.

Its addictive and endless.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
doh if you liked hattrick you'll like FM

There's a more barebones version that comes with the base game so you can learn the basics. It's like FM Classic or something? I remember it used to be the mobile version of the game.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Apparently they took out Classic mode in 17 and released it as Touch? If that's the case buy 16 if you want the basic version and the full version.