• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Restarting/Increasing Immersion

Thoughts on restarting the league?

• I'm in

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would quit if this happened

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • This wouldn't solve the issues

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • The league is fine

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
There's one schedule that has 3 divisions with 6 teams each, how do you'll fancy that?

osick87

Community Liaison
I assume playoffs would work how they do in real life AL/NL

Division winners advance, Wildcard play in

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Here are the options

link - 18 teams, 162 games, {2S/1D/9T}, posted 2008/10/11
link - 18 teams, 162 games, {1S/3D/6T}, posted 2006/07/29
link - 18 teams, 162 games, {1S/3D/6T}, posted 2009/11/13
link - 18 teams, 162 games (1S/3D/6T), posted 2015/10/20
link - 18 teams, 162 games (2S/2D/all combinations), four versions, posted 2016/06/13

I really don't like changing amount of games just because of the records/history aspect of the league. There's also a custom schedule generator that if someone wants to mess with can output whatever you want.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Link to that custom schedule generator, please? Will be home here within an hour and can look things over.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yep-- people constantly complain about the best teams always win then don't want more injuries...

Lux tax to me makes way more sense than IFA cap in terms of evening out the league if that's your goal.
They want less injuries.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm okay with any realignments. Don't think any teams are moving for a while so we can do it geographically

Finally we get the geographic rivals North Dakota and Las Vegas going head to head!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
They want less injuries.
Yes. People who want more variance want no injuries :laughing:

I like new divisions. 3 divisions with 3 champions + WC (who wins some sort of playoff of 2nd place teams) would be interesting. I'm also in favor of a "divisions" draft where 3 people pick who they want in their divisions.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Here's our league's teams listed by continent:

Americas:
Buenos Aires
Buffalo
Little Rock
Halifax
North Dakota
Las Vegas
Miami

Europe:
Amsterdam
Dublin
Lisbon
Helsingborg
Istanbul
Moscow
United Kingdom

Africa/Asia:
Cairo
False Bay
Kabul
Seoul

There's no real obvious split. You could do Americas + Asia and Europe + Africa (preserves IST-CAI) for 2/9. 6 teams probably would benefit from a different split

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
2 team playoff incoming. That's why we didn't do 3 divisions in the beginning. Figs can just make a proper schedule

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Something like this for 6 team divisions? Not really paying attention to current team strength tbf, just geography:

One:
Buffalo
Halifax
North Dakota
Las Vegas
Little Rock
Miami

Two:
Buenos Aires
False Bay
Cairo
Seoul
Kabul
Istanbul

Three:
Amsterdam
Dublin
Helsingborg
Lisbon
Moscow
United Kingdom

Not really fair by current strength. Maybe by longitude instead?

One:
Amsterdam
Buffalo
Dublin
Halifax
Helsingborg
United Kingdom

Two:
North Dakota
Las Vegas
Lisbon
Istanbul
Moscow
Cairo

Three:
Buenos Aires
False Bay
Kabul
Seoul
Miami
Little Rock

Not longitudinally perfect either, but assuming AMD+HEL have to stay together as well (otherwise would swap Moscow with AMD)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
longitudinally or lagitudinally or randomizitudinally requires dublin/borg/dam in the same division

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
3 divisions with one WC is fine I think, that still gives us an 8 team playoff like we have now. Just no weird WC play in tournament thing

NML

Two leagues
Three divisions of three teams
Winner of each division + wild card for playoffs

Play opposite league eight times (72 games)
Non-division teams nine times (54)
Two division teams 18 times each

Balances the schedule a bit more, but you have massive games with the teams in ur division.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If we did 3/6, it'd have to be top 2 from each division and two wild cards make the playoffs, sort by record to determine the bracket

doh

A four team playoff would be awful
did you read the proposal? 3 teams in + playoff for 4th spot

Current playoff system gives no reward to winning division or finishing better. I like MLB/NFL style where finishing higher increases rewards.

NML

Current playoff system gives no reward to winning division or finishing better. I like MLB/NFL style where finishing higher increases rewards.

Ur never going to sell over half the league on putting less teams in the playoffs. The only reason there's any parody in WS champions is because of our playoff set up.

I think ur $120m advantage over the lesser teams is enough of a reward for ur record

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Ur never going to sell over half the league on putting less teams in the playoffs. The only reason there's any parody in WS champions is because of our playoff set up.

I think ur $120m advantage over the lesser teams is enough of a reward for ur record

IT'S PERSONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT YOU PLEBE.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

The problem with a playoff for the 4th spot is 1) Not sure it's even doable to have some mini round robing thing and 2) The division winners would be waiting like 3 weeks to start their playoff runs which would put them at a massive disadvantage

Even if you still have 5 teams competing for one spot in the semis (which makes no sense) and they still get 'playoff' money, there's no way to have enough games in such a short amount of time.

Only option for 3/6 is Top 2 and 2 best WC.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think so too. Using those two example setups, this past year's playoffs would've been either:

Halifax, Vegas, North Dakota
Kabul, Cairo
Helsingborg, Moscow, Lisbon

or

Halifax, Helsingborg, Buffalo/UK
Vegas, North Dakota, Cairo
Kabul, Buenos Aires,

NML

This would be my choice if we want to change our set up

Two leagues

Balances the schedule a bit more, but you have massive games with the teams in ur division.

I don't really mind the current set up though

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Yuck

doh

Two leagues

6 divisions of 3? Hell no.

3 divisions of 6? Hell yes.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This would be my choice if we want to change our set up

I don't really mind the current set up though
This is pretty close to the UBL. I think people got bored of small divisions quick.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
People are tired of big divisions, it seems
who? I think they are just tired of the divisions as they stand. Smaller divisions can be frustrating. Breaking through if you are stuck with a powerhouse can be really difficult.

doh

who? I think they are just tired of the divisions as they stand. Smaller divisions can be frustrating. Breaking through if you are stuck with a powerhouse can be really difficult.
Also boring playing the same teams over and over.

I like the division set up. I've wanted to switch it up for a while because it'd be fun but give me current divisions way before 3 teams in my division.

NML

Playing the same teams over and over is what we have now.

My proposal didn't have that

But I don't even really care to change it, but all the proposals I heard weren't any good

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Am unable to get the batch file to open. Command screen flashes for a split second. Have downloaded twice now in firefox and tried in another browser. Still the same result. Someone else wants to take a crack at it?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Am unable to get the batch file to open. Command screen flashes for a split second. Have downloaded twice now in firefox and tried in another browser. Still the same result. Someone else wants to take a crack at it?

That's what happened to me so I quit trying