• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Reel attempts to play: Prision Architect

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
sup fellas. I love games like this. I've had it for a while but really starting to put time into it. I will be updating this as frequent as I can so in the meantime, i hope you enjoy
upload_2015-3-28_1-12-3.pngupload_2015-3-28_1-21-10.png
Lets take a look at the prison in its beginnings

some basic things to start out with

For those of you who've never played this, one of the ways to get money is through grants. So a couple of the first grants were to build an admin section and a holding cell. Its dirty af now, but i have to unlock the janitors.
YAY....first set of inmates

Lets see what a couple of them are in for

upload_2015-3-28_1-17-35.png
upload_2015-3-28_1-18-18.png

upload_2015-3-28_1-18-54.png

so, im glad i got my first set of inmates...but then, reality sets in and i lose like 3 prisoners due to escape.
Managed to find a beatdown in the holding cell
LAWD, what done happened
upload_2015-3-28_1-16-38.png
upload_2015-3-28_1-21-10.png
then two more escaped while family came for visitation...

~sighs~

im getting the hang of it now. Still gotta build a chapel and some of education center or someting

will post more later

Reel

Community Liaison
I did lol. They escaped before I put the fence up while on their way to visitation

Reel

Community Liaison
Will work on that. Was hoping to avoid using imgur but looks like I will have to.

Any other thoughts?

ZackMills

Have mercy
Will work on that. Was hoping to avoid using imgur but looks like I will have to.

Any other thoughts?

Stoled this from Steam Friend activity. Click on the image in your Steam activity until you see this: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/29611747688704721/DA66F16F11CA063BA15F88891D34849512069FC1/

DA66F16F11CA063BA15F88891D34849512069FC1

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Did you have to buy the land?

Did you have to go through a series of town hall meetings and listen to all the nimby protesters?

You shoyld have to build the entire prison not piece by piece.

Then you have a job fair in the local area to recruit officers and othe employees.

Then you train them for 6 weeks.

Then you receive inmates.

This ain't reel life man

Reel

Community Liaison
Update coming soon

Lawd. Damn near half my prison population died and I'm not sure how.

Had to alter the game save to bring them back to life because the officers weren't taking them to the morgue. The prison has grown since the last update.

I'll post pics hopefully before I leave to go out of town

Reel

Community Liaison
@texacota, why you gotta be THAT guy brah?

anywhoo,

they just added death row...hmmmmm. According to the video, its not mandatory and you wont lose or really gain anything from having/not having it, but i guess it does present a unique wrinkle to the game. The prisoners will have multiple appeals like in real life and it wont be just as simple as they die within a year after coming into your facility. They said it could take years.

around the 18 min mark

Reel

Community Liaison
Wait all the inmates usually die within a year?
No. Unless they are killed in the shower, cell or during a riot.

But basically I was trying to say it will be years in game time before they die

Reel

Community Liaison
Wow, had a inmate that used to be a police officer and was in for planting evidence iirc. He didn't last a week. They found out who he was,labeled him a snitch and was killed.

I had a nice screenshot but it didn't get uploaded for some reason :emo:

Reel

Community Liaison
You can always choose to not read.. That is an option ya know

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Apparently @Reel reinacted the prison riot had in Nebraska earlier in the week the way inmates were fighting and dying. Shut er down!

Reel

Community Liaison
So, Prison Architect just released their final alpha version. I think its going straight to retail iirc but this latest update introduces some very interesting game features

= Random event system
Random incidents, disasters and challenges will occur during your game, providing extra difficulty and unpredictability.
This is an optional system, and is enabled from the "Create new prison" screen.

- Events will not happen during riots, or if you have less than 50 prisoners on site
- Events are less likely if there have been deaths and escapes recently.
- Sometimes, rarely, several events may occur at once.
- All events have an EXTREME version, which is very rare, and much more severe.

- POWER STATION FIRE
Your power station catches fire. Can only occur if your powerstation is overloaded.
EXTREME version: Your power station explodes, damaging buildings/equipment/people nearby.

- KITCHEN FIRE
A cooker in the kitchen catches fire. This can cause havok with your mealtime arrangements!
We recommend you build sprinkler systems in key areas to mitigate this.

- BULK INTAKE
A random number of prisoners will be transferred into your facility within the next hour.
EXTREME version: All of the prisoners belong to the same gang, and you are probably fucked.

- WORKSHOP ACCIDENT
A prisoner injures himself on the equipment in the workshop, and requires medical attention.
Prisoners injured this way get the "Bleeding" status effect. Get them to a doctor quick!

- SUBSIDENCE
A random section of your wall or fence collapses. Get it rebuilt before we have a mass escape!
We always recommend double outer walls, and this gives yet another good reason.

- VIRUS
A prisoner comes down with a highly contagious virus. The virus will spread to nearby inmates, so try to isolate them.
Prisoners suffering from this virus will look sickly, move slowly, and vomit a lot. Some will fall unconcious.
Your guards will try to take confirmed cases to the infirmary for cure.
Some inmates will go to the infirmary themselves, but only when they are let out their cells.
EXTREME version: Some prisoners will eventually die from the virus if left untreated.

- MASS ASSASSINATION
You discover that several inmates at your prison are federal witnesses in an upcoming prosecution.
Unfortunately, somebody has put a price on their heads and they will all be assassinated in the next few hours.
Find out who there are (using your Confidential Informants), and get them moved to Protected Custody.
Once the timer hits zero, they will all leave the prison to attend the court hearing, and will not return.
(Most likely living out their lives in federal witness protection, holding their breath every time they start their cars)

- CITY MAYOR DEMANDS
The Mayor is under political pressure to appear to be doing the right thing.
He will from time to time phone you and demand certain changes to your prison, in the public interest.
The demand is always temporary - after a few days, things return to normal.
However Failure to comply will result in a heavy fine.

- TV Removal Due to public pressure, all TVs must be removed
- Weights Removal Due to public pressure, all Weights Benches must be removed
- Less Food Provide smaller meals with less variety, to try to save on costs
- Remove Visitation For security reasons, all visitation must be halted

- PRISONER DEMANDS
From time to time the prisoners in your facility become so frustrated that they demand changes.
It's your choice to comply or not, but the prisoners will not be happy if you refuse.

- Less Work Prisoners wish to work for less hours during the day
- More Sleep Prisoners want longer to sleep at night
- More Free Time Prisoners want more free time during the day

- Logs will now be automatically exported, unless EITHER
- You have at least one carpenters table
- OR You have a running carpentry program
Nb. This obviously requires an Exports zone near the road.

- The CEO's letter is now made of a graphic and a (localisable) string in the language file.
This should make it much easier to translate into multiple languages.

Gonna jump back into this as soon as i beat GTA V which im hoping is very soon