• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Question on 2 gapping

fanoftgame

I understand that a 2 gap defender is responsible for 2 gaps to the left or right of him pre play. But, doesn't he eventually become repsponsible for 1 gap after the play has been run?

Example a NT resposible for A gaps to the right and left. If the play is run to the right and he diagnoses it he will get into the playside A gap. However, if for example the play bends back to the back side after the runner makes he cut the nose take isn't still responsible for the backside A still is he?

To put it another way if the play goes to the right the left side A-gap isn't left empty by the other 10 players on defense is it?

fanoftgame

LBs are responsible for cutbacks

So the if the lb's have cutback then at the end of the play each gap is accounted for by one player.

If that is the case what is point of two gapping. I saw in a video that 2 gapping is use to make the ball bounce. They would then use a hard corner as force. If they were 1 gapping they were trying to contain and use safety/olb force. Is this how most people use it?

Here is the video

bluejay13

So the if the lb's have cutback then at the end of the play each gap is accounted for by one player.

If that is the case what is point of two gapping. I saw in a video that 2 gapping is use to make the ball bounce. They would then use a hard corner as force. If they were 1 gapping they were trying to contain and use safety/olb force. Is this how most people use it?

Here is the video

Bo Pelini runs a 2-gap 4-3
Lol it works for his nickel package against old Big XII conference foes but it has flaws against a power running teams with a back that can cut and go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhQdB67.jpg