• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Principles of Pro Style Offenses

Atmore

This makes me want to run a pro style offense and the levels and drive concepts have become very useful now that I know the correct reads.

fanoftgame

Also how would you set up an offense if the TE or TE's were the strength of your passing game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Also how would you set up an offense if the TE or TE's were the strength of your passing game

I would run an offense similar to the Pats/Bama. Lots of under center Ace and the Twin TE shotgun sets. You can also include sets like Shotgun Normal Y Flex and make the most of formation subs by using TE slot packages.

Craig7835

@JSU Zack

I run my offense similar to Sid Gillman‘s offense when was the OC for the Eagles when they 1st went to the Super Bowl. His concepts with routes were ahead of it's time. If I can find that 1981 Eagles PB that I have downloaded,you can check it out if you like

Craig7835

@JSU Zack

I forgot to mention that I liked Gillman's concepts involving the TE in the passing game are VERY good. All these coaches can talk about they came up with the idea of putting the TE in the slot,have him lined up as a Flanker & all that,Gillman was the 1st,because when you look at that PB,he gives the TE some options

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
@JSU Zack

I forgot to mention that I liked Gillman's concepts involving the TE in the passing game are VERY good. All these coaches can talk about they came up with the idea of putting the TE in the slot,have him lined up as a Flanker & all that,Gillman was the 1st,because when you look at that PB,he gives the TE some options

Which routes/concepts are you referring to?

Craig7835

Which routes/concepts are you referring to?
Well Sid was big on the Flare routes. If I was looking at the PB correctly,he had a TE motion from the Slot,in which TE was running an In Route & when motioned to the backfield,his route changed to a Flare.

LEGEND

This is what I'm doing now! I have some beast TE's I'm working with in multiple dynasties. I think Pistol and Shotgun Twin TE formations are great! I like I formation plus Strong & Weak I, but the run seems easier to shut down in those formations. The quick passing game and play action are better from those formations IMO.

I'm probably going to scrap all my UC I-formation stuff and use mire Pistol. Been able to gash users from Pistol.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
The recent talk about tight ends inspired me to create my own Patriots style offense. It's 50% 12 personnel Ace, 40% 11 personnel shotgun, and 10% Strong/Weak. The offense helped me win a close game last night in the CUSA OD. My back racked up 120 yards, and my first string TE had 6 catches for 84 yards.

I'm using the TE mostly on posts & corners. Shotgun Normal Y Flex allows me to use him as a slot receiver with drags and other short routes. It's not a sexy offense from a stats perspective, but it wins ballgames.

Craig7835

The recent talk about tight ends inspired me to create my own Patriots style offense. It's 50% 12 personnel Ace, 40% 11 personnel shotgun, and 10% Strong/Weak. The offense helped me win a close game last night in the CUSA OD. My back racked up 120 yards, and my first string TE had 6 catches for 84 yards.

I'm using the TE mostly on posts & corners. Shotgun Normal Y Flex allows me to use him as a slot receiver with drags and other short routes. It's not a sexy offense from a stats perspective, but it wins ballgames.

I take it you checked out Sid‘s PB?

fanoftgame

I guess I was looking for more specifics on creating mismatches when you have dynamic te's.

An example was iowa vs ohio state gm I recently rewatched. Iowa's Te's were the strength of their passing game. What they did was lined both Te to one side and the wr to the other. So they played the whole game never really having a wr and Te to the same side or if they did the other side was a te by himself. I was thinking this made since because if your passing you have a mismatch of lb or saftey on Te if its corners over. If its not you can get a Te blocking a secoundary player and often a qb.

What are your thoughts

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I guess I was looking for more specifics on creating mismatches when you have dynamic te's.

An example was iowa vs ohio state gm I recently rewatched. Iowa's Te's were the strength of their passing game. What they did was lined both Te to one side and the wr to the other. So they played the whole game never really having a wr and Te to the same side or if they did the other side was a te by himself. I was thinking this made since because if your passing you have a mismatch of lb or saftey on Te if its corners over. If its not you can get a Te blocking a secoundary player and often a qb.

What are your thoughts

I like to motion out a TE from a closed trips formation and hot route him based on the coverage. This year's version likes to roll the corner to the receivers' side and allows me to put the TE on an island with a linebacker. This is especially effect if you isolate the TE on the wide side of the field. You can run slants all day and abuse the slower linebacker.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Lately, I have been going back and forth between NCAA and Madden. In Madden, I almost exclusively use the West Coast formations that are not in NCAA. It's a shame the variations of Far, Near, and Splitbacks.

Craig7835

Lately, I have been going back and forth between NCAA and Madden. In Madden, I almost exclusively use the West Coast formations that are not in NCAA. It's a shame the variations of Far, Near, and Splitbacks.
Man what you said.I wish in NCAA 15,they would include all the Far,Near & Close formations. Hell I wouldn't mind them having the Far-Tight Twins or the Ace-Tight Doubles formations

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Based on what the implementation of custom playbooks in both games, the dev teams from Madden and NCAA are creating the software separately, meaning they both created the same feature from scratch (shocker!). The result is NCAA's custom playbooks are much easier to use thanks to the interface and ability to remove and reorder all plays. Meanwhile, Madden has double the formations but is a royal PITA to build a playbook.

Obviously, this is all a moot point now that NCAA has been discontinued. It would be nice to see EA move the guys who built the playbooks over to Madden to create a better product. Right now, I exclusively build playbooks in NCAA due to the reasons above. If I were EA over the last decade, I would have had one playbooks team for both games. You could run the flexbone in Madden and 80's West Coast in NCAA.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Studying David Shaw's offense today. If you love this style of offense, watch the 2014 Rose Bowl, showcasing Stanford and Michigan State. It was a knockdown, drag out game. I love Stanford's first drive where they start with a goalline offense. They proceed to swap between heavy sets and spit back shotgun. With a dual threat QB, Shaw has really been able to mix traditional pro style principles with spread concepts. Many times, Shaw ran split back gun with a fake power play and quick screen.

fanoftgame

Lately ive been hurting people online with my 2 te offense with iowa. Yes Iowa lol. They have probably the secoubd best recieving te duo in the game behind washingtion.

The thing I like about a true Te (one who can block and recieve well ) is they are a hybrid player that creates mismatches for the defense.

These mismatches make the game more predictable for you. I will come in 2te set and then check the defensive personell. If they are in base 43 or 34 I know i dont have to worry about man to man because both my te route running is about 85. No saftey or linebacker can effectivelly cover them. know i either run or pass based on how many sfeties in the box.

If they come out in nickel or dime. Then i should have the advantage in run game. If they are in 2 high look im running inside zone and outside zone all day. To stop the run the only thing they can really do is play a single high look. Now you have eleminated to high coverages and only have to pick concepts that beat single high coverage. You can for exame have Te corner one side and curl flat to other.

This simpifies the game for you and never tips of your play call by personell grouping. Hope this helps

LEGEND

Lately ive been hurting people online with my 2 te offense with iowa. Yes Iowa lol. They have probably the secoubd best recieving te duo in the game behind washingtion.

The thing I like about a true Te (one who can block and recieve well ) is they are a hybrid player that creates mismatches for the defense.

These mismatches make the game more predictable for you. I will come in 2te set and then check the defensive personell. If they are in base 43 or 34 I know i dont have to worry about man to man because both my te route running is about 85. No saftey or linebacker can effectivelly cover them. know i either run or pass based on how many sfeties in the box.

If they come out in nickel or dime. Then i should have the advantage in run game. If they are in 2 high look im running inside zone and outside zone all day. To stop the run the only thing they can really do is play a single high look. Now you have eleminated to high coverages and only have to pick concepts that beat single high coverage. You can for exame have Te corner one side and curl flat to other.

This simpifies the game for you and never tips of your play call by personell grouping. Hope this helps

I've been doing pretty good with my pro style 21 personnel offense. I may add a twin TE formation or two... I tend to try and do too much. That's when I usually run into problems. But I love TE's especially the ones that block and cth well!

In one OD my TE has 800 yrd's with one gm left plus CC. He can easily get 1000. I have two wr's at 950 plus and a rb ovr 1000 rushing. My second back is at 800 plus.

LEGEND

Really starting to enjoy this offense! My TE had a beast gm in reg season finale to go ovr 1000 yds on the season. He had like 9 cth's for ovr 200 yds. My second back ran for 294 pushing him over the 1000 yd mark as well.

That gave me three 1000 yd wr's, two 1000 yd rushers and a 3000 yd passer. My qb could have eclipsed 4500 but he was actually my 2nd string qb. I benched my starter after 3 or 4 gm's.

I have a cpl user gm's the next few day's... I'm interested in seeing how it continues to play out. What's crazy is my TE is a true freshman! I started him because of his blocking ability... My other TE Is a 6'7" receiving beast!

LEGEND

Running this offense in an OD where you get no XP is a nightmare! Offensive line was... offensive! The blocking was non existent from the line & the FB or TE didn't' help! My wr' s and TE dropped any ball that they were hit soon after catching. They all have high cth rating and cit ratings yet they dropped them.

Man that was brutal!

Still put up big numbers but drops and sacks killed almost every drive.

LEGEND

Man this offense is night and day!

Just played a gm where I got down by 28 pts before rallying to score 49 unanswered. My starting Qb was1-4 with 3 picks when I benched him. My back up went 23-35 for 376 yd's 3 td's 1 int. I rushed for over 200 on 30 att's with 5 Tds.

My Online in this OD is decent... so I was able to do more.

LEGEND

Reconstructed my offense... It's strictly 21 personnel! I'm surprised at how well I can attack any part of the field I want. This offense is capable of being more explosive than I ever imagined.

Now that I got my formations selected... I need to pay attention to setting up the defense and attacking what they're giving me. I tend to force my intentions which leads to mistakes.

LEGEND

Still tinkering with offense... It's. Mostly 21 personnel with 20 mixed in. My passing game is right where I want it but still trying to work kinks out of running game.

fanoftgame

Still tinkering with offense... It's. Mostly 21 personnel with 20 mixed in. My passing game is right where I want it but still trying to work kinks out of running game.

I think you can realy hurt a defense with west coast passing ussing a receiving rb and Te. If those giys are lb and safety mismatches which I assume it is then pass them out of base personell.

Once they are in nickle run iz and outside zone and make that extra db a force player.

See how well he sets the edge vs a Te or Fb lol. U should be able at that point to run on 1 high defenses.

LEGEND

I think you can realy hurt a defense with west coast passing ussing a receiving rb and Te. If those giys are lb and safety mismatches which I assume it is then pass them out of base personell.

Once they are in nickle run iz and outside zone and make that extra db a force player.

See how well he sets the edge vs a Te or Fb lol. U should be able at that point to run on 1 high defenses.

Good advice thanks!

fanoftgame

Good advice thanks!

Also if you have a recieving threat at Fb you might want to sub him as your 2nd Te.

1. Puts him a much better place to run routes and block the edges from ace formations

2. Adds more opportunity form him to get in the game

3. You never alert the defense your formation prior to snap becuse your always in pro personel.

I do this with tolbert on Madden with Carolina.

Dont know if your leagues are cool with it but its a thought.

Also never did it in Ncaa but concept should work the same

LEGEND

Also if you have a recieving threat at Fb you might want to sub him as your 2nd Te.

1. Puts him a much better place to run routes and block the edges from ace formations

2. Adds more opportunity form him to get in the game

3. You never alert the defense your formation prior to snap becuse your always in pro personel.

I do this with tolbert on Madden with Carolina.

Dont know if your leagues are cool with it but its a thought.

Also never did it in Ncaa but concept should work the same

I don't worry about alerting the defense... I have almost every 21 formation in the game. I come out in all of them... I also have 4 - 5 20 personnel formations that I mix in. There is always a FB on the field... Mostly with a TE, but also alone with 3 wr's. I use my FB in the passing gm regularly! I need to use him more as a run option. He gets maybe two attempts a gm. Those are off triple option though... I like FB dive but it's broken in a cpl of my formations. The Qb keeps it for some reason.

LEGEND

Speaking of Fb's!

I just found a beast already on my team. He's actually a 3rd string rb. He has 88 acc 88 spd with 84 pass block and 78 run block. He's a true freshman too! He gives me that run threat at FB while being a real mismatch in the passing gm, and a devastating blocker.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I don't worry about alerting the defense... I have almost every 21 formation in the game. I come out in all of them... I also have 4 - 5 20 personnel formations that I mix in. There is always a FB on the field... Mostly with a TE, but also alone with 3 wr's. I use my FB in the passing gm regularly! I need to use him more as a run option. He gets maybe two attempts a gm. Those are off triple option though... I like FB dive but it's broken in a cpl of my formations. The Qb keeps it for some reason.

Yeah there are a few broken handoffs under center. I ran into it in my last user game, I went under center to run the Y Over Fly Sweep play in Weak Normal I and for some reason the handoff never came. I managed to cut up field and gain a few yards with my QB. It's weird because that play has never been broken for me in the past and it was out of the huddle, not up-tempo where some handoffs get broken.

I have a really good FB I'm trying to use more at Nebraska but it is tough. He's more of a blocker than runner so I usually put him at a wing position or as a 2nd back to lead block in Pistol.

LEGEND

Yeah there are a few broken handoffs under center. I ran into it in my last user game, I went under center to run the Y Over Fly Sweep play in Weak Normal I and for some reason the handoff never came. I managed to cut up field and gain a few yards with my QB. It's weird because that play has never been broken for me in the past and it was out of the huddle, not up-tempo where some handoffs get broken.

I have a really good FB I'm trying to use more at Nebraska but it is tough. He's more of a blocker than runner so I usually put him at a wing position or as a 2nd back to lead block in Pistol.

Weak Normal seems to have the most issues! FB dive from it nvr works for me.

Craig7835

Weak Normal seems to have the most issues! FB dive from it nvr works for me.

Weak Normal is ALWAYS a problematic formation. It seems that when you come out in this formation against the CPU,the defense is ALWAYS perfectly lined up.In my Pro Style,I always use the default I-Forms.

LEGEND

Weak Normal is ALWAYS a problematic formation. It seems that when you come out in this formation against the CPU,the defense is ALWAYS perfectly lined up.In my Pro Style,I always use the default I-Forms.

I'm having issues with weak slot FB dive also... It works sometimes others it doesn't. You nvr know when it will or won't.

LEGEND

Guess I won't be running FB dive from any weak I formations. I'll use strong I and normal I formations along with the split back formations.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Guess I won't be running FB dive from any weak I formations. I'll use strong I and normal I formations along with the split back formations.

I use a handful of Strong I formations in both versions of my Spread-I but I only run HB Toss, FB Dive and PA FB Fake out of each. I like being able to go under center and have a quick little series of plays to hard hit with a HB at FB and whoever my fastest player is at HB. Sometimes that is a WR, sometimes just another HB. Toss is always the quick audible so I come out in FB Dive, if the middle is clogged, quick run audible to toss and get outside fast.

The PA FB Fake play is pretty good against users as well. Most people play man and walk safeties up to the LOS when they see me under center and then I can fake that quick hit to the FB and throw the corner route to the TE.

LEGEND

Can't over state what A good FB brings to a pro style offense. Matched with a good TE... you have two guys that can block and catch! A good blocking FB can be effective running weak and especially strong side.

Been playing ranked games lately... I really like playing with Baylor! I think it catches ppl off guard. They see Baylor and pro style is the last thing they expect.

JAR201166

I've actually thought about this!

You have any slider suggestions? I'll look into some and see what I come up with.
I would say use the ones in the 2 dynasty's besides the Qba thing that's the only thing that pisses me off. Lol I have a bad feeling Dreskel is going to start throwing awful in my most important games soon

LEGEND

I would say use the ones in the 2 dynasty's besides the Qba thing that's the only thing that pisses me off. Lol I have a bad feeling Dreskel is going to start throwing awful in my most important games soon

Ok, I'm going to test them out a bit with a few tweaks.

JAR201166

I would like a dynasty with just a few people so we could advance daily or something when my friends played on 12 we did that an it was fun

LEGEND

I would like a dynasty with just a few people so we could advance daily or something when my friends played on 12 we did that an it was fun

My dyn use to adv daily when I had them... Two days were the longest we waited. That was only when users schedule's clashed.

LEGEND

I would be up for a dynasty like this it is so hard to find committed players win lose or draw.

I'll start the dyn tonight! I should start sending invites out by 7 or 8 pm. I have some committed guys... Just hope they're not in too many OD's already. LoL