• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Powerhouse Sporting News (PSN)

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
(PSN) - The #5 Arkansas Razorbacks pulled a slight upset over the #11 Ohio State Buckeyes with a 34-24 victory at the horseshoe in Columbus. JR-QB Colton Jackson was masterful in running the Hogs up-tempo offense, 14-19-237-2-1, and was the leading rusher with 86 yards on 14 totes. SR-HB Jonathan Williams was also a key weapon with 78 yards rushing and 118 yards receiving on 7 catches. The Hogs repeatedly hurt the Buckeyes with a variety of screens, including a 40 yd TD pass slip screen to Williams in the 1st quarter that gave the Hogs their first lead 10-7. The defense was led by FR-FS Henre Tolliver with 8 tkls/1 INT and flew around the ball to keep super SR-QB Braxton Miller bottled up.

The Georgia Bulldogs scored 14 4th quarter points to over come a 31-21 deficit and shocked the defending champs 35-31 between the hedges in Athens.

RamesuThe1

Devonte Fields, SR - DE has 5 sacks (all user) to lead the demolition of the SMU Mustangs, in the Battle for the Iron Skillet. Frogs win 42 - 7

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
(PSN) The Tennessee Volunteers coming off an upset win over #7 Auburn pulled off another startling upset with a dominating 31-14 win on the road in Fayetteville. The Vols rolled for 238 rushing yards and held the Hogs to only 57 yards. The underrated Volunteers passing attack was nearly perfect with 176 yds on 9-10 passing.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
(AP) Athens - The struggling Arkansas Razorbacks moved to 3-5 with a 31-28 win between the hedges against the Georgia Bulldogs. Each team traded the lead several times and the Hogs made just enough plays to win on a last second 30 yd FG. Todd "Beast Mode" Gurley rambled for 229 yds on 21 carries, but was stopped on a crucial 4th and 4 from the Hogs 35 with 3 minutes to go in the game. The Hogs then converted a 3rd and 14 from their 30 to extend the game winning drive. The Hogs are off next week before hosting the Auburn Tigers in week 10.

bluejay13

(AP) Knoxville, Tennessee - Junior defensive tackle Leon Woods for the Volunteers has been arrested this past weekend after assaulting an under cover police officer acting as a prostitute. Coach Jim Tressel has kicked Woods off of the football team and Woods will enter the NFL supplemental draft after his trial.

Mugshot courtesy of Knoxville Police Department:
aa232fbc655d4c2901542a1d33eed1a6.jpg

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Welcome to another exciting season of Powerhouse Football. Week 1 brings an exciting user match-up between the Arkansas Razorbacks and Georgia Bulldogs.

Game Tidbits
- Arkansas has a 4 game winning streak over the Bulldogs
- Arkansas is 99 OVR and has had the #1 recruiting class the last 2 years
- 1st team AA WR Ronald McLoving (99 SPD, 99 ACC) is so fast he can get out of bed, turn out the lights across the room and be back in bed under the covers before the lights go out
- JR-HB Cousin Eddie brings a bruising style (90+ TRK) to replace Heisman Trophy scat back Rawleigh Williams
- 18 of the 22 starters are 90+ OVR
- Slowest starter on D in the back seven is MLB Kendrick Jackson (86 SPD OVR)
- Georgia is coming off a 10 win Top 5 season

Arkansas has the most talent in the country and is looking to unveil a pro style ground and pound offense behind a massive OL. Look for the Hogs to win this one in the 4th quarter.

Arkansas 31 - Georgia 21

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
(AP) Fayetteville - Arkansas Razorback speedster Connor McPherson took his 6th kickoff to the house yesterday. His 109 yard return improved his season average to 45.9 yds per kick return.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
(AP) Indianapolis...Michigan??? - The two time defending champion #2 California Golden Bears came from 47-35 down with 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter to win their 3rd straight Big Ten championship 50-47 over the #4 Arkansas Razorbacks. They scored in less than a minute to cut it to 47-42 and kicked off to the Razorbacks with the hope of just making one stop. At the time the Razorbacks were confident as AA-TB Cousin Eddie was running away, around and over the helpless Bear defenders (25+ carries - 175+ yds). It was 3rd-2, with 2:30 left, the Razorbacks with the ball on their 45, when a Eddie broke off tackle for a 15 yard play before a hard hit dislodged the ball and the Bears greedily snapped it up. The Bears eventually scored, to include converting a 4th and 3 pass that was very close to being tipped and just barely inched across the yard marker, with 21 seconds left to seal the victory.

MISC game notes
- that was the first fumble of the year for Eddie (83 carrying) in 250 rushing and receiving attempts
- Arkansas twice fumbled after intercepting the ball losing one of them. The fumble they lost was inside their red zone.
- neither team punted, but combined for 8 turnovers. 4 INTs for CAL and 2 INT/2 fumble for Arkansas.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
(AP) Orlando - The #8 Arkansas Razorbacks took out their frustrations with a 51-17 rout of the Missouri Tigers in the Capitol One Bowl. JR-HB Cousin Eddie, in likely his last game, went over the 2,000 yard for the season. The 1st team All American set a team bowl record with 325 yards with 5 TDs on 25 carries. Arkansas HC Craig Foringer had this to say after the game, "That Sumbitch cost us the National Championship when he layed the ball on turf back in Michigan. That Sumbitch is a good kid though and really came through for us today. That Sumbitch is going to make some NFL coach very happy next year. I'm going to miss that Sumbitch."

The First user game for HC Mike Hoctor and the Nebraska Cornhuskers resulted in a season-opening overtime victory over Ole Miss in Oxford. The Offensive player of the game also was playing in his first career game and also his first career start. True Freshman TE Thomas McBride finished with a game-high 131 yards receiving and scored twice. This included a 69-yard run on which he broke 3 tackles and then bolted for the end zone. The offense was also helped by senior quarterback Adam Williams' 14-21 249 yard performance. Williams was also making his first career start after sitting behind all-american Joe Carter, who Graduated last season. HC Mike Hoctor on the offense, "They really played a solid, smart game. We were very excited about having Thomas McBride on campus, but now we are even more excited because he has already payed obvious dividends." On the defensive side, the story is less stellar, but still solid. The defense recorded two interceptions but had overall shaky play from the secondary. The front 7 played a solid game, and it looks like they can anchor a solid Huskers defense. Lead tackler on Defense was up-and-coming sophomore FS Blake Robertson, who recorded 6.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Highlights of this week's Game of the Week (UVA 41-UNC 38)

Scoop and score that put UNC up 12 with 5 minutes left. Watch him smoke my 2 fastest WRs around midfield.

F'ing Fast Fuqua

Another look at the scoop and score.

Freshman HB Justin Williams breaking tackles

Safety after pinning UNC inside the 1.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Virginia clinches the Coastal Division and keeps their National Championship hopes alive with a 63-7 home victory over #3 Miami. Down 21-0 late in the first half Miami QB Ben Henley threw his 2nd INT (seen below) which caused the U HC Ray Lewis to drop his clipboard and leave the field - never to return. On his way into the tunnel he could be heard saying, "I'm going to shank that bitch."

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
(AP) Texas annihilates Virginia 52-21 to advance to the BCS Championship. It was filled with bullshit plays like this:

And this where UVA CB Taruh Patrick inexplicably runs right by the ball:

UVA HC Jamie Galus had this to say, "I'm getting drunk."

bluejay13

(PSN) - Former superstar Tennessee quarterback Ira Henning finally gets to hoist the crystal ball as his Wake Forest ball club finishes the season 12-1 with a conference title and national championship. Henning credits the long grueling ACC Powerhouse conference schedule in developing a championship caliber football team. Besides the beatdown from North Carolina, the Demon Deacons had close battles with Notre Dame, Texas, Louisville, and a defensive struggle with Cincinnati. Wake should return most pieces for the upcoming 2018 season with a chance to compete for the title again.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Vegas Lines week 5

Cincinnati (+3) vs #1 UNC
Over/Under 60
Navyhog's pick
Take Flann +3 and take the over. Bearcats 34, Tar Heels 28

Texas (-3) vs Wake Forest
Over/Under 55
Navyhog's pick
Longhorns cover and take the under. Longhorns 21, Demon Deacons 17

bluejay13

Week 12 - Game of the Week

Vegas Line:
#8 Notre Dame (+7.5) @ #7 Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator

Vegas Line:

Texas wants to run the ball down your throat and Notre Dame wants to air it out. The Fighting Irish will have a tough time in Austin against the Longhorns multiple defense and I predict 5 passing accuracy will bite them in the ass.

Navyhog's Pick
Texas 31 - Notre Dame 21

Walter323

Vegas Line:

I'm going to take the points and take Notre Dame (+7.5). Texas jumps out to a big lead and Notre Dame makes it close in the 4th with Texas winning on a late FG off of a ND turnover.

Texas 34
Notre Dame 31

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
Texas Routs Notre Dame
Horns Call off The Dogs

Austin, TX- Texas knocked off Notre Dame in Austin 70-14 behind a quick early lead, and Notre Dame's coach leaving in protest in the second quarter.

Notre Dame threw 2 early interceptions that Texas turned into quick touchdowns, and a 21-0 lead. Notre Dame looked like they had turned a corner when the Irish hit on a 70 yard score to narrow the gap to 21-7. But Texas answered quickly when Neal Alvarez scored his second TD for a 28-7 lead.

Notre Dame wouldn't get any closer. A 4th and short from their own 26 yard line was bottled up. That ill advised decision led to Neal Alvarez's third score, and a 35-7 lead. Texas forced a punt on Notre Dame's next posession, and redshirt freshman Neal Alvarez scored his fourth TD, and 31st of the season, for a 42-7 lead.

Notre Dame again tried to convert a 4th and short, but Texas came up with a sack to force Notre Dame's coach to leave the field, and take the Irish's fighting spirit with him.

Texas called off the dogs at the beginning of the third, refusing to snap the ball until just :01 was left on the play clock, even after the backups were inserted. Coach Krispie even punted from the Notre Dame red zone to avoid running up the score.

Texas will face North Carolina on the road next week.

Last edited:

Walter323

Week 14 Game of the week (BCS Quarterfinal Game)

Vegas Line
#2 Wake Forrest(+2.5) @ #1 Cincinnati
Over/Under 63.5

bluejay13

Virginia is currently on a TV probation ban as well so we have no clue on what offense or defense the Cavs are gonna roll out. Gambling modifiers:

Team has more user game experience - UNC

Mystery Business - Virginia

If Fuqua goes over 150 yards rushing I got UNC

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Virginia is currently on a TV probation ban as well so we have no clue on what offense or defense the Cavs are gonna roll out. Gambling modifiers:

Team has more user game experience - UNC

Mystery Business - Virginia

If Fuqua goes over 150 yards rushing I got UNC

Might look like this:

Walter323

#1 Virginia blows out #2 UNC. Tar Heels had no answer for the option. The bounty put on Fuqua's head before the game seemed to have worked as he was held to 56 yards on 19 carries and having more carries for negative yards than positive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
#1 UVA scored on the opening drive and never relinquished the lead to beat #2 UNC 40-10. The first TD was a 68 yd TD pass to SR-WR Derrick Grimes against press coverage on third and 3.

The Cavaliers rushed for 337 yds with JR-FB Melvin Hobbs rumbling for 155 yds on 16 carries and scoring 3 TDs. SR-QB Lee Allen was flawless operating the bone with 7-9, 136 yds (TD) threw the air and 121 yards (TD) on the ground and showed off his wheels with a 80 yd TD off the speed option.

The Cavaliers shut down 3-time Heisman winner Fuqua to 59 yds and less 4 yds per carry. The DL and LB consistently won the line of scrimmage.

image.jpeg

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
#1 Virginia 40 - #12 Miami 17

@Akecheta you're pissed but I'm still going to say GG. Miami was up 17-13 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd QTR when I made my rally to score 27 unanswered points. My defense kept me in the game until I could finally felt some offense going late in the second half. I only ended up with around 380 yds (221 rushing), but it was not easy. I swear there was 8 inside the tackle box the entire game. I finally got the QB out in the open on a quick option and FB load option.

Another view of the user pick:

SR-QB put it away with two late TD runs.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
#1 Virginia pulled out a miraculous comeback, overcoming a 19-3 4th quarter deficit with 20 unanswered points to win 23-19. UVA's defense was able to keep the game close until the 4th quarter when UVA scrapped their ball control offense and air the ball out. UVA held the Demon Deacons to 158 yds rushing with 108 of those yards coming on 2 plays. UVA QB Anthony Price ended up with 258 yds through the air (3 TDs) after entering the 4th qtr with less than 75 yds passing and 2 INTs.

UVA highlights

Wake Forest highlights

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I've lost the last 2 including one big blowout.

I would pick the Longhorns at home.

reverse psychology

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
AP Austin - #2 Texas defeats #1 Virginia 23-17 behind a dominating defensive effort. Texas held UVA to 185 yds and ran for 254 yds. Brandon Brown ran over the hapless Cavalier defenders for 190 yds. UVA played good defense as well holding Texas to 305 yards, but couldn't make crucial 3rd and short run plays, despite hitting Brown several times short of the mark, only to see him run over, spin around and/or fall 4 yards forward after contact.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
UVA loses at home 39-17. My QBs were 9-33 with 5 INTs. I've never had a game like that where my QBs gave me no chance to compete. The 39 points scored against my D was legit. I gave up around 350 yds in the air, but I couldn't complete the simplest of passes and I had 14 easy points taking off the board when my QB flubbed post patterns in the middle of the zone. Games like that make me contemplate retiring for good. I'm going with my #3 QB at he rest of the season.

JAR201166

UVA loses at home 39-17. My QBs were 9-33 with 5 INTs. I've never had a game like that where my QBs gave me no chance to compete. The 39 points scored against my D was legit. I gave up around 350 yds in the air, but I couldn't complete the simplest of passes and I had 14 easy points taking off the board when my QB flubbed post patterns in the middle of the zone. Games like that make me contemplate retiring for good. I'm going with my #3 QB at he rest of the season.

you see what I went through now

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
you see what I went through now

By the way no sour grapes. He gouged me through the air and was beat all around. I've been on the receiving end of some lucky breaks so I guess this was karma.

I've never had it that bad for an entire game. It's usually just a series or maybe a quarter.

LEGEND

By the way no sour grapes. He gouged me through the air and was beat all around. I've been on the receiving end of some lucky breaks so I guess this was karma.

I've never had it that bad for an entire game. It's usually just a series or maybe a quarter.
This is what some of us experience every game! You should understand our frustration now! Some of us aren't able to compete for this same reason. This is why we bitch about leveling the playing field!

Yeah you may get shootouts but at least everyone has a chance... Not just those that know how to manipulate 5 Qba. Funny thing... Some of those throws I'd never consider trying. Like that zig route! You would have watch those vids if I'd posted Them and critiqued every thing I did... Not ever considering that it was do to the 5qba!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bluejay13

(PSN) - Miami, FL

The ACC title game featured a Heisman showdown between Texas superstar Runningback Brandon Brown and Wake Forest quarterback Macho Jones Jr. The Demon Deacons received the opening kick and drove down the field behind Jones Jr.'s arm but he was picked off by a Longhorn defensive back in the redzone. Brandon Brown proceeded to break off a 50+ yard to waltz into the end zone to put the Horns up 7. The defenses of both teams stiffened up after the first score. Outside Linebacker Dennis Kelly of Wake Forest picked off a Longhorn pass only to have his offense stall at the goal line and clank a field goal off the left post. Macho started heating up before half when the Longhorn Horns were up 14-7. The "Macho Man" hit runningback Quinton Dixson on a 54 yard bubble screen to tie the game up at 14-14 heading into halftime.

The heat of the south Florida night started to turn up for both offenses in the second half. Longhorn back Brandon Brown turned into a human bowling ball hitting the Demon Deacon defense for multiple rushing yard strikes. Ira Henning decided to scrape the 4-3 Under from the defensive game plan and go with a 46 Bear to stop the bleeding. Texas responded with outside running plays and play action to counter the loaded box for great success. Wake Forest quickly shifted back to the 4-3 Under with a safety in the box but Brown was rolling and there was no stopping him. At that point Henning looked to Macho Jones Jr to make magic in Miami. Mid 3rd quarter the Texas defensive line mauled Jones Jr for a 10 yard sack on 2nd down. Macho had a bit of luck on the following 3rd & 16 by hitting Mario DeAngelis down the middle for a 40+ TD pass. DeAngelis used his speed to split the safeties and race into the end zone. Texas responded to tie the game at 21-21 heading into the fourth quarter. Both teams traded blow early in the in the final quarter of regulation but the fireworks started to explode with under 3 minutes left in the ball game. The Macho led the Demon Deacon defense down the field and waltzed into the endzone on a 13 yard QB power play with around 1:30 left on the clock to go up 28-21. Texas still had a couple timeouts remaining though and kept feeding Brown the rock until he plunged in for a touchdown to toe the game up at 28-28 with 0:08 left on the clock. Ira Henning decided to take the knee and go into overtime.

Texas won the coin toss and elected to play defense in the first series. The Macho Man created magic and struck first blood with a QB sneak into the endzone on a 3rd down to put Wake Forest up 35-28. Brandon "Bowling Ball" Brown quickly proceed to roll in for the score on Texas's offensive possession to tie the game at 35-35. Another overtime was needed to crown the ACC champion.

Brown didn't waste anytime on the first offensive possession by ramming his way for a touchdown to give the Longhorns a 42-35 lead. On a 2nd & 6, Ira Henning sent in the same bubble screen call to the huddle that Dixson scored on before half. Before the snap, Macho surveyed the defense and gave a notion to tightend to go vertical instead of blocking the bubble screen. The Longhorn defense was keying on Dixon and took off in his direction and to have Jones Jr. loft a pass to the wide open tightend to make the game 41-42 with a PAT looming. The Demon Deacons knew there was no shot at stopping Brandon Brown so they elected to go for two. Out of the gun, Macho Jones Jr took the snap and each second seemed like an eternity as he held on to the ball. Out of the glimpse of Macho's eye he saw receiver Richard Cowen come open. Jones Jr. fired the ball into Cowen's hands. Cowen tip toed his feet in the back of the end zone to make the final score Wake Forest 43 Texas 42.

Last edited:

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Good time had by all at the 3rd Annual Powerhouse preseason media days

Guest speaker Lou Holtz entertained the sold out crowd before having a seizure here at the Coach Flanntasic's villa in Appalachian country in the foothills of southern Ohio. Unfortunately, no one immediately came to his aid, as he sounded the same having a seizure as did prior to the seizure. After Coach Holtz was rushed to the hospital, the party continued on with the announcement of the 3rd and 4th PHOF classes.

3[sup]rd[/sup] Powerhouse Hall of Fame
Paul Cook - UVA, CB
Brandon Brown - Texas, HB
Wake Forest – Toby White, DE
Wake Forest – Dennis Kelly, ROLB

4th Powerhouse Hall of Fame
Macho Jones Jr- Wake Forest, QB
Pat Tremblay – North Carolina, OG
Tony Slaughter – North Carolina, OLB
Brandon Harris – Virginia, MLB
Neal Alvarez – Texas, RB
* JT Carey – Texas, K did not get the required amount of votes

Texas and Clemson were picked to win their respective divisions with Texas picked to win it all.

p1030307.jpg

Coach Bluejay cutting a rug with Coach Flann (red gimp suit) looking on

Last edited:

JAR201166

Good time had by all at the 3rd Annual Powerhouse preseason media days

Guest speaker Lou Holtz entertained the sold out crowd before having a seizure here at the Coach Flanntasic's villa in Appalachian country in the foothills of southern Ohio. Unfortunately, no one immediately came to his aid, as he sounded the same having a seizure as did prior to the seizure. After Coach Holtz was rushed to the hospital, the party continued on with the announcement of the 3rd and 4th PHOF classes.

3[sup]rd[/sup] Powerhouse Hall of Fame
Paul Cook - UVA -, CB, 99 OVR, 3-year starter
Brandon Brown - Texas -, HB
Wake Forest – Toby White, DE
Wake Forest – Dennis Kelly, ROLB

4th Powerhouse Hall of Fame
Macho Jones Jr- Wake Forest, QB
Pat Tremblay – North Carolina, OG
Tony Slaughter – North Carolina, OLB
Brandon Harris – Virginia, MLB
Neal Alvarez – Texas, RB
* JT Carey – Texas, K did not get the required amount of votes

Texas and Clemson were picked to win their respective divisions with Texas picked to win it all.

p1030307.jpg

Coach Bluejay cutting a rug with Coach Flann (red gimp suit) looking on
Where's my pic

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
The Virginia Cavaliers got a small bit of revenge with a 30-27 win over the #1 Cincinnati Bearcats in the ACC Championship game. The #2 Cavaliers were 11-1 entering the game with their only loss being to the Bearcats. The key play of the game was returning a missed FG 106 yards from the back of the end zone for a TD (well almost, EA logic called a clip and for some reason put the ball on the Bearcats 1. This was essentially a 10 point swing and put the Bearcats in catch up mode the rest of the game.

Later that week the Cavaliers played the 10-2 UNC Tarheels for the National Championship in which Heisman Trophy winner Brandon Brown ran for 200+ yards. Frustrating game as the Cavaliers D had no answer against the run and lost convincingly, 40-20, despite only giving up 50 yards in the air. 4 turnovers and atrocious tackling prevented Virginia from back to back National Championships.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
2023 Returner of the Year Jason Ferguson looks to defend his title in 2024. Amazing game with 2 KO return TDs and this punt return TD.

Last edited: