• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Park factor change thread

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
If you have time before the sim tonight, I'd like to tweak Moscow.

AVG LHB 1.020 (down .15)
HR LHB 1.010 (down .15)

This will make it a more neutral park.

Wolfman21

Last time was 2042/2043 offseason. So I guess the next will be the 2047/2048 offseason. So not this coming offseason but the next

osick87

Community Liaison
Alright you'll. You can go .150 in either direction max. If you want to change up your park let me know, this is your once every 5 years chance.

Construction will begin in the offseason

Oh .150. That seems high

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@Yankee151 can't copy my stadium and trust me you really don't want to.

I wish the clock wasn't league wide. I don't want to change my park but if I'm locking myself in for five I might want to.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Other leagues that I've seen while trolling league contract rules have individual team clocks that are like 10 years, and if you want to change it sooner it costs a first.

As a complete aside it took me like 20 league "constitutions" before I found a pre-arb contract rule but when I found that another one existed anywhere other than our league that's when I mostly shut up about it except to argue with doh.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It doesnt matter. Put your changes in and you dont have to worry about it

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
OU said I could. I already modified my parks graviational pull so I can eventually launch it into space, so I'm no longer bound by mere decimals

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The only good thing I've done in this league is take a stand when rad was seriously considering letting go of the wbl a couple months ago

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Hey I don't think my last set of changes went through since I still have the all even park. Can I get it changed please? I've been building my team around pitching thinking I had those new factors @Orlando @osick87 @Wolfman21

For reference these are it (or see google doc)

AVG LHB 0.8
AVG RHB 0.9
Double 0.8
Triples 0.8
HR LHB 0.8
HR RHB 1.1

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Hey I don't think my last set of changes went through since I still have the all even park. Can I get it changed please? I've been building my team around pitching thinking I had those new factors @Orlando @osick87 @Wolfman21

For reference these are it (or see google doc)

AVG LHB 0.8
AVG RHB 0.9
Double 0.8
Triples 0.8
HR LHB 0.8
HR RHB 1.1

I think you are soft for changing your park to this extreme.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It's within the limits but not the change limits.

I was annoyed before I had my coffee but I mean it is a good strategy to go extreme pitching park. It worked for Wendell in the UBL, works for Travis now, most of the league is neutral or hitter friendly. Match-ups are a bitch in Dyson Spheres. It's such an easy play though.

I love the extreme from RHB to LHB, does Yankee have some RHB power hitters he doesn't want to hurt? :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't think Travis or Wendell's park was that extreme. Do parks like that even exist?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It doesn't make any sense because he's at .8 for HRs, which would indicate a giant outfield. Then he has .8 for AVG which would indicate a tiny OF. Maybe it's like 320 ft but with a 90 foot wall, although then doubles would have to be higher, but those are also .8.

This is the dumbest park I've ever seen.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean Petco was never a huge park but weather played a huge role in making it a pitchers park. I don't know how these translate to real park factors, but Petco was pretty extreme and had nothing near .8

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The Sphere was 0.8 HR RHB and 0.8 AVG RHB and then like 1.2 in extra base hits, which is why I joked about it being astroturf and a high wall. I requested those 0.8 factors be changed to a more NORMAL 0.9 last season because it was out of the bounds of the rules when I inherited it.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
[xtable=cellpadding:3|cellspacing:1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=right}0.743{/td}
{td=right}0.896{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

{tbody}
{tr}
{td=right}0.685{/td}
{td=right}0.856{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

{tbody}
{tr}
{td=right}0.982{/td}
{td=right}
0.905{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Shea in 2005, can this even be right?

{tbody}
{tr}
{td=right}0.575{/td}
{td=right}0.660{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The Sphere was 0.8 HR RHB and 0.8 AVG RHB and then like 1.2 in extra base hits, which is why I joked about it being astroturf and a high wall. I requested those 0.8 factors be changed to a more NORMAL 0.9 last season because it was out of the bounds of the rules when I inherited it.

The original rule was .2 in either direction. I'm not sure how to interpret OUs fortune cookie, I think it means you can move .15 from wherever you currently are. Or did the rule change when I was inactive and the new max is .15 from 1.00?

Alright you'll. You can go .150 in either direction max. If you want to change up your park let me know, this is your once every 5 years chance.

Construction will begin in the offseason

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Copycat league, brah. They see those DECADES OF DOMINANCE coming. Yankee isn't even trying to hide his copying, he's straight up trading for Talismanic players too. Pitchers Park + Talisman