• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Pac-12 Basketball

BearDownUofA

Festizio
I'm not sure why this hasn't been posted yet, but here it is.

Thanks to Oregon's win tonight, Arizona is guaranteed at least a share of the regular season title. If they beat Stanford, they'll clinch the title outright.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
I ain't even mad.

1900101_10152368124419623_1229075841_n.jpg

bruin

Lol.

Bruins are one and done at best. Get Alford's playerz in here plz. Oh Well. Love Adams tho

football school.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Arizona surprises no one by sweeping the season awards. Nick Johnson is the Pac-12 POY, Aaron Gordon is FOY and Sean Miller is COY. Arizona is the only school in the history of the Pac-10/12 to sweep the awards and has now done it twice.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Meh, it's hard to win games when you get opportunities from the charity stripe and don't convert. Oh well.

We'll still go farther in the tournament.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Pretty good year for the conference I guess. Everyone that got into the tourney won a game except Colorado.

3 Sweet 16 teams
1 Elite Eight team

bruin

Jordan Adams coming back for his Jr year. Would say that makes the Bruins about a top 15 squad next season.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I want I say I believe in this SC team, but I've been an SC hoops fan for too long.....I'm still waiting for the meltdown.

Best start in 24 years though, with back to back wins over @BearDownUofA and @bruin

They're a blown 22-point lead in Seattle away from being 5-0 in Pac12 play.

Did Haden get a coaching hire right with Enfield?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Yeah, I caught the second half of the recent USC-UCLA game, and I think the announcers got it mixed up at first because they said (on the radio) that UCLA was leading 36-24. I thought, "ugh, same old shitty SC basketball" but then kept hearing that the Trojans were leading. Got home in time to watch and was surprised by what I saw. The don't appear to have the players to compete with the big boys, but at least they're winning.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Yeah, I caught the second half of the recent USC-UCLA game, and I think the announcers got it mixed up at first because they said (on the radio) that UCLA was leading 36-24. I thought, "ugh, same old shitty SC basketball" but then kept hearing that the Trojans were leading. Got home in time to watch and was surprised by what I saw. The don't appear to have the players to compete with the big boys, but at least they're winning.

They don't have the players to win a title --- or to go deep in the tourney without some serious luck --- but it looks like a vastly different SC team. For the last decade-plus, SC has had one or two scorers at a time. If either of them got hurt, tired, into foul trouble, etc., the team was fucked. This team is stacked with athletic guys who can shoot, drive, and dish. They're legitimately fun to watch, which is something I haven't thought about SC since probably the Clancy and Granville days.

bruin

this league is so balanced??

I can honestly see 8-10 teams winning the pac-12 tourney in vegas.

Bdub

Yeah no dominate team at all. Washington was on a good run but coming back to earth like USC. Still think Zona, Utah and UCLA are the top teams if they can just find some consistency.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
It appears USC has come back to earth.

Crash and burn. Got rocked in the second half of both those games. The next few games will be telling --- can SC pick themselves up and keep fighting for the conference crown, or will they tailspin into a "same old SC" type season?

bruin

Bilas and the ESPN'ers would prolly burn Pauley down at the stake if they fired Alford after 3 years. But with the talent he's had (5 first round picks) the fact that he hasn't been able to win the Pac-12 reg. season or even complete a road sweep in conference is pretty smh.

He's bringing in a loaded class, but it's looking a lot like Lavin Part Deux over here.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Today will be a good indicator of what Enfield's Trojans really are. A win would obviously thrill me, but even a competitive loss would be okay. I'm not typically a 'moral victory' guy, but we usually get donkey punched in Tucson. They need to compete today -- win or lose -- and then finish the season strong and get a decent seed.

Bdub

Today will be a good indicator of what Enfield's Trojans really are. A win would obviously thrill me, but even a competitive loss would be okay. I'm not typically a 'moral victory' guy, but we usually get donkey punched in Tucson. They need to compete today -- win or lose -- and then finish the season strong and get a decent seed.
Didn't watch the whole game but thought the Trojans gave them a good game. More than anything it just reminded me of how much I hate watching Zona play basketball. They win so ugly.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Trojans pushed them down the stretch and got it down to 2. But, SC couldn't make FTs and Zona couldn't miss.

Still a ways to go before SC is a legit pac12 contender, but the progress this season has been substantial. Hopefully Enfield can build on it, and this isn't a one-hit-wonder season.

bruin

read in the paper this morning that Arizona got to the free throw line 69 times this weekend while UCLA and SC combined to get there 27 times. Hard to win in Tucson and beat the refs too.

Can't remember a season in conference where there is no dominant team. At all. I can see 6 teams making the dance and all not getting past the first weekend.

Brick

more i watch, more i think the league kinda sucks. and have watched more than i have in recent years. feel the same way about no team making out of the first weekend being a possibility. i think oregon has the best chance of making a run in the tourney. them atholetes.

Bdub

Yeah the Pac 12 isn't that great but I can see a few at least making it past the first weekend. Oregon and Arizona could make a run. Utah could make a run if they ever find any consistency and stop beating themselves.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I agree with you guys. The conference is more fun to watch this year than it is most other years because of that balance.......but there isn't a team who stands out as being likely to make a deep run.

Like Oregon, SC has "them atholetes." So if the 3's are falling and the alley-oops are flowing, the Trojans could make a surprise run. Or, their outside shooting could be off in the first round, and they could be done Thursday or Friday of opening weekend.

Brick

USC is the only team I haven't really seen, so will make it a point to catch them before the tourney at least once. But the rest of the top of the league - Utah, Colorado, and Arizona - just seem noticeably weaker than their recent teams that have made tourney runs. Not to say they can't make runs this year, but all three are pretty meh comparitively to me. However, all three have coaches that can put things together by March. Love all three of those guys. I think when they're playing well, this is the best team Altman has had at Oregon.

Bdub

Oregon is definitely the team with the most potential. Utah has a lottery pick in Jacob if the rest of the team would get their shit together. Biggest issue is their lack of a true point guard who can feed the post or get it to our shooters. That and we have no atholeets to speak of.

bruin

Or Gonzaga in Spokane. Should have beaten Arizona twice. If this team had given the type of effort they did in the Kentucky or both Arizona games all year, they probably are in the top 3 of the conference.

Dance hopes down the drain. Only way in now is winning the Pac-12 tourney.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
SC circling the drain the last 3 weeks; lost 5 out of 6. They had gotten as high as a #21 ranking and projected 5 seed in the Dance, but not no' mo'.

Last edited: