• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Osick's WBL Projects and Videos

osick87

Community Liaison
God damn there are like 14 teams I'd count as possible playoff teams. That doesn't even count @Mr. Radpants who could be better than Berlin if he paid attention.

4 non playoff teams in my eyes (in no order):

1. Baton Rouge (@Reel)
  2. Lisbon (@Schauwn )
  3. New Zealand (@Bdub)
  4. Dublin (@Mr. Radpants)

osick87

Community Liaison
@osick87 you should talk about how crazy some of the IFA contracts are :laughing:

I've already had to bow out of 3-4 guys because their counterparts can be had in FA for minor league deals

It's basically overpay now to hope that they make it back overproducing their Entry and 1st ext.

Have you lessened the amount of IFAs yet?

Waiting until Jan for FAs also gives us more money to spend since player contracts are less.

Wolfman21

lol, it felt like there were a couple IFA's that would have been gotten for $100k when i first started that have already been offered $400k+ in the first sim

osick87

Community Liaison
Any IFA I liked that I was asking less than I could pay, I made an offer for 333,333. I am willing to pay those guys that so why Dick around and save 50k. At least this way, I may be able to snap a guy up and maybe scare a GM away.

Wolfman21

Any IFA I liked that I was asking less than I could pay, I made an offer for 333,333. I am willing to pay those guys that so why Dick around and save 50k. At least this way, I may be able to snap a guy up and maybe scare a GM away.

Dont think 333 is gonna scare anyone away anymore. It does shrink your competition though as it knocks out the teams that paid 4 million last year

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's basically overpay now to hope that they make it back overproducing their Entry and 1st ext.

Have you lessened the amount of IFAs yet?

Waiting until Jan for FAs also gives us more money to spend since player contracts are less.

No, not yet. I want to see how the talent pool develops with human owners. Even the dumbest human owner is better than the AI really as long as they play. Once we get fully integrated with feeders I'll re-evaluate. So another 2-3 seasons. I already know what lowering the amount does, I just didn't end up running a sim with them the same since it takes 2 hours to get 20 years.

osick87

Community Liaison
Dont think 333 is gonna scare anyone away anymore. It does shrink your competition though as it knocks out the teams that paid 4 million last year
I am one of those guys. That's what I meant. I offered the most I could .

You are right about the not scaring guys away. Was hoping to steal one guy though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I am one of those guys. That's what I meant. I offered the most I could .

You are right about the not scaring guys away. Was hoping to steal one guy though.

Last time I was limited, I was able to snag 3 of the worst players for 333,333 :laughing:

It's rough the year after you go over the tax. I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for another Bug to go all out for

osick87

Community Liaison
I felt I had to go above the limit last year because I traded my draft away.

osick87

Community Liaison
I'm assuming that's my cpu fan. I will probably buy a new one as some point and put the side back on my case (I have a hd bay where the holder loosens and it whines). Unless I'm hissing like a snake.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Here's what the show notes looked like. For some reason I thought @jdlikewhoa needed an OF so I thought a Shaffer or Wilkins for one of his MIF made sense.

[xtable=skin1|border:1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0]
{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=238x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=341x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Team{/td}
{td}Need{/td}
{td}FA{/td}
{td}Other methods{/td}
{td}Diamond{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}AMD{/td}
{td}SPs OF{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Slight hitter park. Want high movement.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}BA{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Big, XBH heavy{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}BUF{/td}
{td}Nothing, Youth{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Not HR HEavy but hitter's park otherwise{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CAI{/td}
{td}True CF, MIF{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Call Sisto and Axford up. Move Rivera to 2B.{/td}
{td}Not HR HEavy but hitter's park otherwise{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FB{/td}
{td}MR/5thSP/C/1B{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Cairo Trade.{/td}
{td}Hitters park galore{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}HEL{/td}
{td}MR/Backup C/3B{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Call up Worsfold. Move Seg to 3rd. Call up Kalle as an arm{/td}
{td}Hitters park leaning{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}IST{/td}
{td}RPs/ Possibly 2B/ Backup C{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Bring Khac up?{/td}
{td}Average all around{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}KAB{/td}
{td}1 MR/ Bup C that could start/DH/4th OF{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Call up Medina/{/td}
{td}slight pitcher. No XBH{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LAV{/td}
{td}Back End SP/ RP/{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Bup: Byford{/td}
{td}XBH Heavy{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}MOS{/td}
{td}CHEAP MIF/ MR{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Bring Virgil Pearcy up. Try a Adipo/ FB MIF deal.{/td}
{td}Average all around slight LHB Bias{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}SEO{/td}
{td}MRs/ 2B/{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Von Ladion for 2B{/td}
{td}Big, XBH heavy{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm assuming that's my cpu fan. I will probably buy a new one as some point and put the side back on my case (I have a hd bay where the holder loosens and it whines). Unless I'm hissing like a snake.
Just a lot of mic hiss.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
At this point, I do need a #5. I might just call up Colon who is my top prospect and one of the best SP prospects right now. I need another SP too until Punchy is back. Bullpen wise, I'd really like one excellent RP then 2 filler guys but there just aren't a lot of top RPs out there and I traded away one of them last year. I might bring up Ed Weaver from my system to fill that spot.

Offensively: I need back up OF, C. I'm trying to sign a C and I'm bringing up Lenny Utting once we get close to ST.

My ballpark is 2B/3B heavy, HR light and hurts RH batters.

osick87

Community Liaison
I'm looking to fix this. @Wendell Gee any advice? Maybe my headset mic is garbage.

I had the mic boosted a bit so turning it down may help. I also seemed to have my webcam mic as the default so that caused some of it too.

Fixed it. Turned on noise cancellation.

So the @OU11 3 man rotation should be the last one with it. I'm uploading it now and don't feel like doing it again.

osick87

Community Liaison
Next up I think I'm going to do team themed ones:

@NML If you have a question about your team, let me know. If not I will just talk about something I find interesting about it.

NML

Just interested in the strengths/weaknesses. Sometimes I think my team is better/worse at certain positions than we really are.

Looking forward to it!

osick87

Community Liaison
To honour the next next Mike Leach. I will do an overview of the "babbies" organization. Going to go over @NML and Australia's minor league system to show where he will have some strengths in the future and where he may need to look to improve.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Really enjoyed the Moscow analysis @osick87. Like going to the classroom and finding some tidbits that you didn't already know, and getting a sanity check on what you think you do know.

osick87

Community Liaison
Going alphabetical. So you will be after Baton Rouge. I briefly talk about how you are in good shape going forward in the off season video.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So basically I can't do it, it was worth asking just to hear your canadian sorry though.

The reason I was thinking about it is because I only have 2 semi quality SP. Twinkle is legit, Dino can be but usually isn't, then I have three bags of shit hurling softballs

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm kind of interested to see where it goes honestly. Maybe if it's really bad I'll look to upgrade.

osick87

Community Liaison
So basically I can't do it, it was worth asking just to hear your canadian sorry though.

The reason I was thinking about it is because I only have 2 semi quality SP. Twinkle is legit, Dino can be but usually isn't, then I have three bags of shit hurling softballs

You can try it but you would need to be adderalling each "Starter's" pitch count so you could effectively get them to recoup enough in the 3 days that you won't destroy their arm so bad they can't wipe their ass with it.

You have more than enough offence to succeed IMO. As far as going the FA route, a rotation of Kiene, Dino, Kim, Weeks and Na would still keep you in games. A four man rotation would be viable if you had Morales act like a spot starter the odd time.

You could also trade a bat for an arm. I sort of shit on Dzzet for his inability to play the OF but he can hit. Giving him to someone who doesn't prioritize defence or needs a Bat in the worst way, may yield you a pitcher.

Something like a deal revolving around Dzzet for Ivan Martinez or another Kabul SP. @Wolfman21. Wolfman needs a DH replacement and has Felizardo withering away in his minors so he can afford to give a pitcher away to get him up.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@osick87 I am not really sure Worsfold is ready. He has never really hit that well in the minors and his ratings have a ways to go. He and Decker will probably get ST calls though. Eglinton is still young enough to give another year. He plays good D and has solid power. Orozco just never panned out and neither has Vaughn. Both are solid utility guys though.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah you are probably going to have to look at an external fix if those 3 (Vaughn, Orozco and Eglinton) don't develop fully into complete players. I mean if you're fine with Eglinton then that's fine. Just recognize he's like Porky Ogawa and hope he hits HRs when peeps are on base.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Decker could be ok, but I think Eg's bat is a bit more well rounded than Porky's. Just haven't seen it in the WBL yet. He is like 24 though.

osick87

Community Liaison
Porky
[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=160x@}Year/Team/League ▾{/th}
{th=30x@}Age{/th}
{th=30x@}G{/th}
{th=35x@}AB{/th}
{th=35x@}H{/th}
{th=30x@}2B{/th}
{th=30x@}3B{/th}
{th=30x@}HR{/th}
{th=35x@}RBI{/th}
{th=35x@}R{/th}
{th=35x@}BB{/th}
{th=30x@}HP{/th}
{th=30x@}SF{/th}
{th=35x@}K{/th}
{th=35x@}SB{/th}
{th=35x@}CS{/th}
{th=38x@}AVG{/th}
{th=38x@}OBP{/th}
{th=38x@}SLG{/th}
{th=38x@}OPS{/th}
{th=38x@}OPS+{/th}
{th=38x@}VORP{/th}
{th}WAR{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}2036 Panama City - WBL{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}117{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}.231{/td}
{td}.283{/td}
{td}.393{/td}
{td}.677{/td}
{td}92{/td}
{td}4.4{/td}
{td}0.4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2037 Panama City - WBL{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}135{/td}
{td}367{/td}
{td}86{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}48{/td}
{td}42{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}103{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}.234{/td}
{td}.274{/td}
{td}.414{/td}
{td}.688{/td}
{td}97{/td}
{td}12.5{/td}
{td}2.7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2038 Panama City - WBL{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}150{/td}
{td}558{/td}
{td}151{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}74{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}128{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}.271{/td}
{td}.296{/td}
{td}.441{/td}
{td}.737{/td}
{td}105{/td}
{td}32.1{/td}
{td}4.3{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Egs
[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=160x@}Year/Team/League{/th}
{th=30x@}Age{/th}
{th=30x@}G{/th}
{th=35x@}AB{/th}
{th=35x@}H{/th}
{th=30x@}2B{/th}
{th=30x@}3B{/th}
{th=30x@}HR{/th}
{th=35x@}RBI{/th}
{th=35x@}R{/th}
{th=35x@}BB{/th}
{th=30x@}HP{/th}
{th=30x@}SF{/th}
{th=35x@}K{/th}
{th=35x@}SB{/th}
{th=35x@}CS{/th}
{th=38x@}AVG{/th}
{th=38x@}OBP{/th}
{th=38x@}SLG{/th}
{th=38x@}OPS{/th}
{th=38x@}OPS+{/th}
{th=38x@}VORP{/th}
{th}WAR{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}2044 Helsingborg - WBL{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}93{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}.258{/td}
{td}.330{/td}
{td}.419{/td}
{td}.749{/td}
{td}95{/td}
{td}3.8{/td}
{td}0.5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2045 Helsingborg - WBL{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}156{/td}
{td}565{/td}
{td}143{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}72{/td}
{td}38{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}128{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}.253{/td}
{td}.299{/td}
{td}.418{/td}
{td}.717{/td}
{td}90{/td}
{td}14.7{/td}
{td}1.9{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2046 Helsingborg - WBL{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}123{/td}
{td}422{/td}
{td}95{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}71{/td}
{td}53{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}109{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}.225{/td}
{td}.275{/td}
{td}.457{/td}
{td}.732{/td}
{td}92{/td}
{td}7.6{/td}
{td}1.0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah you're right I'm sure Ogawa's potential ratings weren't around the what Eggs' are after that 24 yr season. Sadly I can't prove it so we will never know. If Eg's 25 yr season mirrors Porky's you're getting Tswift Crotch chop.gif

tssmd.gif

jdlikewhoa

I may make this a "series" but I could probably do something like top WAR by position the past __ Years. I mean McHeshi is probably the best CF of the last 3 years.
If you're going to base a whole series on WAR, don't waste your time. My GOATs may not lead in WAR, but they sure as shit lead in being GOATs