1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Option Offense

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Discussion' started by Hachiko, Mar 5, 2014.

1. JSU Zack

JSU Zack How do I IT?

Team:
    Alabama
    If they force a give read, start using WB dive and misdirection. Or just take the easy three yards in the dive.

Atmore likes this.
  2. CoachTuck

CoachTuck Member

Team:
    The Ohio State University
    Lol at this rate I'm seeing like a dumb ass and I'll need an if then sheet NCAA 14 version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. JSU Zack

JSU Zack How do I IT?

Team:
    Alabama
    Not at all.

Yes, the if-then sheets are what I use. I've got most of PJ's memorized now and have some of my own special things I like to do.

4. CoachTuck

CoachTuck Member

Team:
    The video game concessions sorta break the if then sheet for me because rocket toss is broken but that nugget from you about just cutting up load option gets me right into that bubble over the tackle, there's like Ken and PJs if then sheets then NCAA 14s

5. CoachTuck

CoachTuck Member

Team:
    I see that Wing trips in the game translates to what you call trips, is the first formation you showed split wing ?

6. JSU Zack

JSU Zack How do I IT?

Team:
    Alabama
    Yes

7. CoachTuck

CoachTuck Member

Team:
    Been having some success against the heavier fronts it's all about winning first down

8. fanoftgame

fanoftgame Active Member

My little shoutout to wishbone

9. JSU Zack

JSU Zack How do I IT?

Team:
    Alabama
    With the Wishbone, it all depends on what you use. Be warned the run audible is almost always broken and will have your QB keep the ball.

I use the Wishbone to attack certain fronts I see when running the Flexbone, but other than that, I don't use it much.

Moved to option thread from pro style thread.

10. nofx94

nofx94 Active Member

Team:
    Oakland Raiders
    I wish multiple motions were possible. I used to really enjoy, for some reason, those occasions on fourth down wherein PJ would motion both backs into the wishbone trying to force offsides

11. JSU Zack

JSU Zack How do I IT?

Team:
    Alabama
    Last week, I went into practice mode and tested every motion from the option formations imaginable. Yes, I was bored.

I found you can make a lot of interesting looks and plays from the flex. Not so much with the wishbone.

12. CoachTuck

CoachTuck Member

Team:
    Well just got called a cheesier in my OD for my lack of variety called out for every play being mid line and triple in a series based offense at that

Atmore likes this.
  13. Atmore

Atmore Active Member

I get those messages too in lobby ball. Or Flex is a glitch offense smh. It's the hardest offense to run consistently and easiest to stop. Anyways let them cry

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

14. CoachTuck

CoachTuck Member

Team:
    Lol the problem is its in my OD so I'm taking shit tonight about basically running the same plays especially since we outlawed run committing and now they wanna bring it back after my last game against the Commish tonight I won 28-7 ran the ball 60 times

15. Atmore

Atmore Active Member

That's pretty lame! It's realistic I mean that's basically what Flex is do it until you have to change

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

16. CoachTuck

CoachTuck Member

Team:
    These people don't know the difference between a concept and a play I might just quit the OD

bluejay13 and Atmore like this.
  17. JSU Zack

JSU Zack How do I IT?

Team:
    Alabama
    Was this a Nutopian OD or another group? I know no one here would scoff at the flex. You're more than welcome to join us.

I run flex in the Powerhouse OD and have never been called for cheese. Triple and midline account for about 65% of PJ and Niumatalolo's offenses. Everything else is a constraint.

Atmore likes this.
  18. CoachTuck

CoachTuck Member

Team:
    It was in another group, then when I did whip out the speed sweep and load option those were 10 yard gains, guy said it was most boring time he had playing this game lol

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    Atmore likes this.
  19. JSU Zack

JSU Zack How do I IT?

Team:
    Alabama
    Just lull them to sleep and... BAM!

Atmore likes this.
  20. CoachTuck

CoachTuck Member

Team:
    First time I went speed sweep it was a 60 yard gain in the second half, also went 6-6 145 yd 2 TD on PA, guess their voting on bringing run commit back into the league though, I deal with whiners