• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

OOTP20 - WBL JOINT SPECIAL 1Trog9th ANNUAL WINTER WARZ AT THE EASTERN FRONT, SOVIET UNION!!!!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
COCKBUSTER #1

Trader doh is BACK

jack-mckeon-in-happier-times-and-simpler-phones.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ma'arb export didn't take, even though I did the checklist, so now I have 18M in 2B bums I don't want and didn't re-sign the pitchers I did want.

I quit.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Just give me whatever picks you're going to send to @hayvis when he starts bitching and blaming INDY DEVS for his ineptitude this offseason, and I'll take your BUMS

I'm a have now. I don't need any help. I assembled the most expensive AAA championship winning team ever last year. Expect more of the same. You guys can't even compete.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That 7m Russian 2B should be forced traded back to Sol as penalties for bad contracts.

The best part is his actual contract was more like $5.5M and then now he's off contract but still under team control so $7M was his fucking arb estimate after spending all last season in AAA, lol. I just forgot to export correctly to take the offer away :laughing:

doh

The Bugs signing is one of the GOAT moments in WBL history...

$60m (+$56m penalty) for one player. We will never see a moment like it again. The argument was insane.

11x All-Star, 12 Silver Sluggers, 3 MVPs and one ship later... good signing @jdlikewhoa

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

$60m (+$56m penalty) for one player. We will never see a moment like it again. The argument was insane.

11x All-Star, 12 Silver Sluggers, 3 MVPs and one ship later... good signing @jdlikewhoa

What is Bugs' actual name so I can look him up?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

I’m sure I was on the wrong side of history

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

I can only find a 5 year extension at 52m and a 2 year at 45m on his BNN page. What am I missing?

doh

I can only find a 5 year extension at 52m and a 2 year at 45m on his BNN page. What am I missing?
He signed as an IFA for $60m which is really $116m including the penalty. It should be like the first thing about him.

It was crazy because that was probably 65% of False Bay's budget. So there was a LOT of discussion about it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He signed as an IFA for $60m which is really $116m including the penalty. It should be like the first thing about him.

It was crazy because that was probably 65% of False Bay's budget. So there was a LOT of discussion about it.

Ah. That's what I missed. I didn't bother looking at his FIRST EVER BONUS!!! :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Was penalty double or 50%

doh

No regrets. He was worth every penny and he never had a real monster deal after that

The only move I think I’d take back in FB history would be trading Kasib.
It's kinda crazy 30 seasons later we haven't seen anyone close to Kasib. Pitching Wizard 9 of 10 years. 10 straight years with best WAR. Best 8 single season WARs of all-time.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
It's kinda crazy 30 seasons later we haven't seen anyone close to Kasib. Pitching Wizard 9 of 10 years. 10 straight years with best WAR. Best 8 single season WARs of all-time.

I was looking at Kasib, Bish, and some older pitchers. We had guys getting 275+ k's in a season, and lately now we see guys barely getting to 200. What changed?

doh

Kasib sacrificed his arm to let us learn about long term effects of innings. Dude went 220+IP 9 of 10 seasons then FIP went 2.00 (31 yo)-2.98-4.58-6.43 (34 yo)

doh

I was looking at Kasib, Bish, and some older pitchers. We had guys getting 275+ k's in a season, and lately now we see guys barely getting to 200. What changed?
That is interesting... Nakamura had 4 290+ K years. We have no pitchers that are Kasib, Corbishly, Nakamura level and haven't in a long time.

I wonder if we are just in a down swing for pitching. The top 13 pitching by WAR years are all 2052 and before. In the last 10 seasons, we've had 1 top 50 all-time by WAR pitching season. Last year the top SP by WAR in JV were: 4.7, 4.3, 4.0, 3.8, 3.8. 10 years ago it was 5.5, 5.2, 5.1, 4.8, 4.8.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
A lot of good prospects have become 2 pitch guys, fragile, or low stamina in newer versions I've noticed. Braves Mintey and Cross were probably the last 3 that had a shot (with varying success) coming out of the feeder leagues.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The problem with generated classes now is that there aren’t even college/HS stats for some generated players, which is an awful for drafting — ratings only.

doh

The feeder leagues are garbage compared to generated classes btw
That is interesting... Never knew there was thought there'd be a difference between generated classes and feeder leagues.

If this is the case, I'm favor of just going back to generated classes. I haven't spent any time following feeder leagues.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That is interesting... Never knew there was thought there'd be a difference between generated classes and feeder leagues.

If this is the case, I'm favor of just going back to generated classes. I haven't spent any time following feeder leagues.
I have and I FLEECED you with my knowledge of upcoming classes

The easier way to do it would be to increase the talent pool for those leagues

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I have and I FLEECED you with my knowledge of upcoming classes

The easier way to do it would be to increase the talent pool for those leagues

This would also go some distance in levelling out the advantage that a team with elite scouting discoveries has too, so I'm all for that. How long would it take to become effective?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
it wouldn't level out the advantage because they still have those players. it's not like we'd add an entire round of goats so everyone gets one. Furthermore, the only thing to really turn that around would be simply removing the scout discoveries in the future, as otherwise they could just happen again

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
it wouldn't level out the advantage because they still have those players. it's not like we'd add an entire round of goats so everyone gets one. Furthermore, the only thing to really turn that around would be simply removing the scout discoveries in the future, as otherwise they could just happen again

I'm talking about future talent distribution, not existing discoveries/prospects. I thought it was pretty obvious what I was saying. It would just mean that the overall talent was slightly higher from the evenly distributed pool, and therefore any new discoveries would be a lesser percentage of the overall elite talent.

In other words it would be a great compromise to scouting discoveries without having to turn them off or even touch the settings.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
No. Scouting discoveries are random. Increased talent will benefit good teams because the drafts will be deeper. Talent in general works itself out and we shouldn’t mess with it, even though the feeder leagues suck.