• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

OOTP 15 released

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Don't think I'll get this unless we make a league switch. Main feature is internationals, but that was possible before anyways.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
International Leagues are more detailed, like the Japanese, Italian, and Dutch ones. see: Cornfed's dynasty

worst2first

I'm very interested in this. Does it include a full minor league system? Could I use this to create a player, follow his career and write a dynasty about just that guy?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Absolutely. I had a failed interactive version back on oldtopia that was focused on following players. You just make a guy, throw him in the draft (or onto a minor league team of your choosing) and sim from there. You're not going to get the same kind of experience as The Show's my player mode or anything, but it is still very much doable.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You can in commish mode. You spawn a player and then edit him as such. You can do it in either the FA screen or the draft pool screen

worst2first

I like the Show but it doesn't have full minors and there's no PC version. I'm also not going to spend $400 for a PS4 to get the version with all the new goodies. I have dead time at work some times (waiting for meetings or stuck in a hotel room somewhere) and I think I could run this on my laptop. I was thinking if I simulated a guy's career I could focus on writing about him while spending less time playing the games (always a tough balance for a busy dynasty writer). I also like the idea of taking a historical team and seeing what I could do with them. I'm still on the fence a little, but I might have to pick this up.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yes the brilliant thing about OOTP is you can go as fast or slow as you want. You can play in small bites when you want. I was on a long flight a few weeks ago and went through about 7 season trying to make the Royals good.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
w2f, your laptop could definitely run this.

Once you are used to the game consider joining our league. This is one of a few games where I prefer online to offline. Offline is still great though, and should suit your needs perfectly for what you're describing.

The customization options are incredible, and Qualandro might be generous enough to do help you with some uniforms/logos. Also, here is a ton of historical logos / uniforms / team ideas: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...s-html/223918-retro-style-logos-uniforms.html

worst2first

Okay, sorry for bombarding you guys with questions but I have two more.

As a manager can you be fired and hired?

Can you manage minor league teams too?

I'll hang up and listen. Thanks guys.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You could sign up for a cloud service for free. Dropbox, google docs are 2 main ones. Then save to the specific folder.
You can be fired/hired or turn the option off.
Yea. You can manage minors. No say in player demotion/promotion.

worst2first

Thanks. I think I'm going to buy it. I have an idea for what I think may be a fun and hopefully interesting dynasty.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Man we will probably not move to 15 until the ASB at the earliest (if at all). If you want to join @worst2first someone might have an extra key for 14.

worst2first

There's no hurry. It seems like you guys have a well established league so unless you guys reset or something I'll probably leave you be. I'm not interested in joining a league after you guys have run through so many season together.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We need owners and this league is just finishing it's first season. Join us.

worst2first

Any tips for setting lineups? I know I can just ask my bench coach but I don't like his lineups and it seems to take forever to go through all the different screens, write down notes and set lineups.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I always go by this: http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...s-have-sabermetric-managers-and-shouldnt-they

As for the interface, I recommend making a custom stats display. Assuming 15 is the same, there should be the option on the drop down list where you chose what preset stats are shown. I make one that shows what I'm looking for, (which for me is OPS+, CON/POW/EYE, HRS, plus defensive stats). Then I decide if I should focus more on Offense or Defense, and plug in guys accordingly to my depth chart. A lot of the times I use my assistant's recommendations as a base and go from there.

You can also set 7-day lineups, where you use the base lineup and can tweak to give your guys rests. Depends on if you're managing the games yourself or just simming them, of course.

osick87

Community Liaison
The new thing is to try and have your best hitting 2nd. Try and get them the most at bats.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Are you simming every game or managing @worst2first? If simming, do you use the force start at position option under strategy?
Even in real life, batting order isn't that relevant. The good hitters need lots of plate appearances, the bad hitters fewer. I remember reading in "Baseball Prospectus: Between the Numbers" that if you took an entire team of replacement hitters, but added one Barry Bonds in different spots, the difference was like 5 runs over the course of an entire year between batting him leadoff or batting him ninth; that's half a win, roughly.

The important thing is to control playing time -- make sure people you want developed get lots of it, your best players play as much as possible, etc.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Yes the brilliant thing about OOTP is you can go as fast or slow as you want. You can play in small bites when you want. I was on a long flight a few weeks ago and went through about 7 season trying to make the Royals good.

Sorry for your lots time. Making royals good would take a miracle. But I bet you did better than the fleabag GMDM we have now.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
How do you feel about being in an online league?

I would luv it....if the following took place:
1) I'd buy the damn game for 14. Probably not at this point.
2) if the show 14 wasn't so damn good. Like my Fairbanks gold miners are.
3) work work work

worst2first

I'm managing every game at this point. I'm going to try to work my way up from Rookie ball so all I do is set lineups and manage. The owner wants us to play .500 ball but that's a really dumb goal. I wish my goals were about player development because that is all that really matters in the minors, especially in the lower levels.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm managing every game at this point. I'm going to try to work my way up from Rookie ball so all I do is set lineups and manage. The owner wants us to play .500 ball but that's a really dumb goal. I wish my goals were about player development because that is all that really matters in the minors, especially in the lower levels.

You really should consider playing with us. We are an all-world league so your history knowledge would probably make it fun to create a team somewhere. We can walk you through a lot of the bigger picture parts of the game. You could get the GM part of the game with us, and the managing part of the game in your offline save

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
6r8ss.gif

Worst is on 15. Unless we all migrate over, he ain't joining at this time.

osick87

Community Liaison
I picked 15 up as well. Going to try and improve the Blue Jays.

1st trade: Lind and Santos for Eric Young Jr and Ike Davis

worst2first

Thanks guys. I have 15 and I'm still trying to figure it out. I would like to make sure it's going to hold my interest before I join your league.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Thanks guys. I have 15 and I'm still trying to figure it out. I would like to make sure it's going to hold my interest before I join your league.

I think you're on 15, but to me single player couldn't hold my interest for more than a few days to me. The online aspect makes the game so much better that it isn't even in the same ball park (yay baseball). The social aspect and slow structured pace are what makes the game fun to me, plus fighting with these yokels for FAs and trading is really fun.

Play a bit to get the basics down and at least just give the league a trial run in a few weeks. We'd give you a key so it isn't like you have much to lose, if you don't end up liking it the team would just be open like it is now. I think we have 6 open teams.