• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Official Trog Bowl Thread

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
show me the vine when Snyder called a TO with 40 seconds left and had his Safety launch into Hundley taking a knee.

That's what I thought, hoes.

UCLA had 15 penalties for 128 yards including what I believe was at least 5 personal fouls, I don't think Jim Mora or UCLA gets to take the moral high ground when it comes to player safety.

Mora did come back to talk to Snyder at least. LOL at the players holding the Gatorade over Mora's head to wait for the discussion to finish.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Didn't see the last play but I'd give the benefit of the doubt to Snyder given his reputation​

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Didn't see the last play but I'd give the benefit of the doubt to Snyder given his reputation​

Here it is.

Doesn't look like anything that doesn't happen on any kneel down. No one went for his knees, a guy tried coming over the top (in case Hundley didn't go down immediately) and the protectors blocked him. Nothing seems wrong here, certainly nothing that I'd take offense to if I were Hundley or UCLA. Had that guy actually hit Hundley, then yeah sure.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It looks like the same thing Schiano did a few years ago. I don't really care, play until the end of the game. I suppose if it was a 21 point game then it'd be different, but it was a 5 point game.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
It looks like the same thing Schiano did a few years ago. I don't really care, play until the end of the game. I suppose if it was a 21 point game then it'd be different, but it was a 5 point game.

Yeah I don't really get it. When did kneel down etiquette become a thing? Coaches spend all week getting their players to play hard for 60 minutes now we're mad that they don't quit early? I would understand if it was a two or three score game, but it was 3rd down and a 5 point game. If the snap is bobbled or the QB takes a step back and doesn't kneel immediately, why not try and put some pressure on him? That's why you tighten up your splits and have two protectors next to the QB. They do their job, your QB is safe.

Bill Snyder is the most well respected coach in football, it isn't like he's out there putting bounties on guys.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Maybe that's his trick, pretend to be the nice guy while he orders hits on opposing players :eek:

I was thinking that earlier. What if Bill Snyder is just the biggest asshole in the world and he has been ordering hits on guys and paying players under the table for decades? Everything I believe in would crumble down. It's the perfect cover. Kind of like Jim Tressel. Behind that sweater vest and preachy family bullshit was just a total dick knowingly letting his players hangout with felons and get benefits.

On the subject of kneel downs though, I seem to remember UCLA under Mora/Mazzone doing the victory formation in the Pistol with 2 TE and a Full House backfield recently. Maybe that was another team. I don't understand why more teams don't do that, especially teams that run every other snap of the game with their QB at depth. You don't have to worry about your QB getting hit or exchange issues. I guess there is always the risk of a low or high snap but no more so than any other play of the game and there would be 3 backs there to help recover if disaster happened.

bruin

So, because it's a Bill Snyder coached team that plays 100% to the whistle and the game isn't over till the clock ticks 0:00, it's ok to fly over the top the line at a QB taking a knee under 40 seconds left. Snyder called that TO for that chicken shit, but because it's Holy Synder Grail, it's ok.

Keep fucking that fuck stick, Big 12 blow hards.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Awfully upset at bullshit that doesn't really matter.

Anyway good old fashioned poke choke in this game. 24-0 at half and it's now 30-22. Gjge outscored 6-20 second half.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
So, because it's a Bill Snyder coached team that plays 100% to the whistle and the game isn't over till the clock ticks 0:00, it's ok to fly over the top the line at a QB taking a knee under 40 seconds left. Snyder called that TO for that chicken shit, but because it's Holy Synder Grail, it's ok.

Keep fucking that fuck stick, Big 12 blow hards.

10-3, it's all good hermano

I did like the "second" handshake or whatever you want to call it

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Pacific-12 Conference,

Aside from some vile performances in one of ur own home states in Arizona...*twiddles fingers Monty Burns style*...well played.

Signed,

[insert conference not named Pacific-12 here]

P.S. #ThanksPhoenix!

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Hey, Cyler Miles finally threw that interception he was trying to throw all game. Only took 59 minutes and 55 seconds.