• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

nUtopia's broke

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I fully paid the expenses one year and it bankrupted me!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
ma'wife paid her credit card bill and it was a number that credit cards shouldn't be allowed to get to so we're not temporarily rich anymore

ExemplaryAnguishedChrysalis-size_restricted.gif

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
ma'wife paid her credit card bill and it was a number that credit cards shouldn't be allowed to get to so we're not temporarily rich anymore

ExemplaryAnguishedChrysalis-size_restricted.gif

My wife just upgraded to a new mountain bike, so I feel this. Can't complain thanks to my own kayak & funstick spending, but I feel it.

Renegade

Charge on!
So this was fucking weird. One of my browser plug-ins is an HTTPS thing that forces HTTPS where available. It warned me that Nutopia wasn't HTTPS compliant today, and when I told it to override, it took me here: http://utopiacollegesports.com/

(And now Firefox is having a meltdown over this site's cookies too).

So who put that video up?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
@Trickyd is going to be rebooting the idea of the forum with the new game. Still discussing what if any involvement we'll have.

And yeah - Nutopia is available without HTTPS for some reason. I can't remember why we left that but I'm too lazy to turn it off.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
actually now that I look at it, I dunno of Tricky made that lol

Mr. Tennessee

That Crazy Linux Guy
Utopia Moderator
I'm loving the early 2000s font all the high school girls wanted to write in on that website.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Trickyd

Mod Alumni
Ha! That’s not me. I grabbed NcaaStrategies.com and utopiafootball.com when they expired and I do have a landing page on each.

I’d like to do something with a Web 3.0/decentralized approach to a forum when the game comes back. But I don’t have anything like the SportPlanet affiliation to get it going this time around. We’ll see. This medium may only be for us dinosaurs. The metas will swallow up the youngins

edit- I didn’t watch the entire thing the first time. Haha… based on when that went up they could just be trolling me. Or they have a far more realistic view of what EA is going to put out. Well done either way!

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I figured it wasn't Trick because of the blatant spelling error. That reeks of jbhuskers.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
the 8k resolution camera attachments from phones are causing backups to become enormous

we, and by that I mean @digs should have this sorted out pretty soon. Might be some brief downtime (intentional)

digs

sun of nothing
I am finally un-lazying myself and prepping some server move stuff. At some point today you will get a very fancy PLAIN TEXT website saying nutopia is down for a brief maintenance (30 mins or so, maybe not quite that long). When that is complete, you will likely get a brief splash screen that says "go to nu.nutopiasports.com for now" as DNS propagates over to the new server. DNS propagation \ cutover should take 5 minutes on the backend, but ISPs are loathsome creatures and sometimes do not respect things like TTLs. So there may be some fuckery over the next 24 hours or so for some members (though the vast majority of ya'll shouldn't even notice the cutover). Depending on how much REAL WORK WORK I have to do today vs time spent SELF DIRECTED LEARNING (moving nutopia) some things like SSL may take an additional few minutes to start working since I'm a lazy fuck and didn't prepare ahead of time like I meant to.

Last edited:

digs

sun of nothing
For any lurkers that may have had password reset issues since the cutover, those should be fixed now. You will have to reset your pw again to receive the email however

Hey y'all, I figured I better post this before you'll get ur post-Christmas credit card bills. nUtopia is broke again, yo. Monthly costs are ~$50/month and I'm emptying the nUtopia savings account (except for the $100 minimum), but if you'll can spare a few bucks for your favorite dying vine, please send money:

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Hey y'all, I figured I better post this before you'll get ur post-Christmas credit card bills. nUtopia is broke again, yo. Monthly costs are ~$50/month and I'm emptying the nUtopia savings account (except for the $100 minimum), but if you'll can spare a few bucks for your favorite dying vine, please send money:

@kella I will contribute but I would like you to follow through on thread destruction previously discussed . please.

You want this friends n family or would u like a 1099-k next a year from now?

Friends and family, please kthxbye. Let's Joe Brandon doesn't need to concern hisself with the reimbursement of nUtopia server costs.