• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Nothing to Envy - The (Waiver) Wire: Picking Corn from the Turd

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
After handing @Travis7401 his ass for incorrectly calling me out on not having the HUNGER GAME spirit last season it got me thinking - we should have a "Cody Ross Waiver Wire Warrior" award each season. Originally I had planned to play my HG guy (Jean Andre) as a super utility guy but then my ol' buddy @Mr. Radpants put Ryley "Terminator" Cutwolf on the waiver wire and he quickly split time misplaying grounders at both SS and 2B. Even with his Derek Jeter "Gold Glove"/Dan Uggla "Don't hit to me" defense he managed to put up +2.5 WAR and finished second in the JV New Wizard Award voting.

Obviously the MAAAAnAAAAtees were playing for draft position last season so I don't think Terminator is a good inaugural winner but I'd like to hear from others on their Waiver Wire Warriors. Is there a way to make this an award in OOTP or would this be something we'd have to do on our own? Regardless, I'd really like to hear about your Waiver Wire successes or failures.

As an aside, because of an issue with the Linux version of OOTP16 guys were put on the Waiver Wire instead of their respective level so, if you can find it in your heart, don't claim these guys. @ZackMills has claimed Harry Littler, which is fine since he was demanding to be released, but the other guys were not supposed to be placed on waivers.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Who claims Tony's guys?

1:3 Wolfman
3:1 doh
5:1 @bruin @bruin228 (out of sheer ignorance)
40:1 Field

LEACH-F-U.gif

osick87

Community Liaison
Can you take a screenshot/video of what it does when you try drag and dropping on the roster and transaction tab.

How about when you right click and say demote to AAA.

Or in the players' pages.

I just have trouble thinking the Linux version is super basic.

TonyGin&Juice

I just have trouble thinking the Linux version is super basic.

It happened when I updated to 15.10. Steam/OOTP16 wasn't the only thing that had issues so I just wiped that install and rolled back to 14.10 so moving guys between levels works fine now.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Purdy is not trash.

Schauwn was using him as a closer, which he is not. And he has a weird skillset. But he was infinitely better than my 7th reliever at the time he hit the waiver wire.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
There are infinitely better relievers in FA. Anyone who chokes in the playoffs can get out.

TonyGin&Juice

So, any thoughts on making this an award each season? Maybe we could come up with others to go along with it like "Fleece Jacket Wearer of the Year" and "Kenny Rogers Gambling Man of the Year". Thoughts?

%7BA31EBFE9-670F-420C-86DA-4A966DB3F8AE%7DImg400.jpg

IF someone (@Orlando) can put Travis's face over Dear Leaders I'd really appreciate it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
They are supposed to be there if you are trying to get them off your 40 man.

osick87

Community Liaison
Especially since we asked if you wanted us to reverse it and you said you were fine.

TonyGin&Juice

They are supposed to be there if you are trying to get them off your 40 man.

Especially since we asked if you wanted us to reverse it and you said you were fine.

Looks like I didn't do a good job showing that I was actually genuinely happy they got claimed and not passive-aggressively angry. Imma go ahead and blame that on posting at 6am before I had my Concerta fix.

For the record - I'm happy those guys got claimed, now I don't have to cut other guys in my minor system that would have been sentenced to a lifetime of nothingness had these guys not been claimed.