• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NML's Texas State, NCAA 07 Dynasty

NML

I had the other thread in the NCAA threads, but since this area has taken back off, I'll start a new one here.

I've done a couple of seasons with this version and I feel like I've got my sliders and restrictions pretty much where I want them and I'm getting good results. The reason for the change to 07 from 06 is a massive playbook overhaul they had, specifically with the power spread attack - which I've been looking to run.

I've also recently learned how to use the editor so I can do some cool things with that. More on that later.

I also want y'all to be able to participate if you want. I'll give everyone an opportunity to either add urself as a recruit (either on my team after the fact or before the recruiting process and see where you go) or as a coach. You can pick ur starting spot and give me some playbook/tendencies. Post these whenever.

As for Texas State, we replace Temple as an independent for the upcoming season. Long term goals would be to get an invite to the Sun Belt or CSUSA and then the Big 12. Bobcat Stadium, home of Texas State, has a current capacity of 13,500, but will increase to 16,000 next season (which happened in 2009 IRL) and finally to 30,000 in two years (which happened when they moved to FBS). We also have the possibility for a massive upgrade if expected revenue was to increase.

The team is basically a cupcake created team except we have three (relatively) great players. A dual threat junior QB, speedy junior WR, and a sophomore CB, all over 80 overal. Needless to say they are our impact players. We have a couple decent pieces otherwise and also some speed. A bend don't break approach defensively should keep us close vs my 117-0 games of before.

NML

Anyone remember if coaches automatically move to new schools? Had the idea of doing a coaching carousel at the end of each season, but now I'm feeling like it does that on it's own.

NML

Some of the things I've been able to do with the editor thus far, and some I want to do.

- edit my coach prestige. When you turn off contracts, ur coach automatically goes to six stars. Changed to one
- edit stadium size. As described above. I can also edit the look of the stadium although I probably won't worry about that until we upgrade to 30k
- edit any player and any attribute. Not sure why I'd want to do this, but it's there
- edit conferences and add bowl games, including championship games. Probably won't touch this since it can get buggy
- editing coaches. So this is one thing I do want to do. Would be cool to do a coaching carousel at the end of the year to keep things fresh, that way I'm not always facing the same playbooks year after year in conference. Again, I'm not sure if this is handled by the game automatically...

There's some other more advanced stuff, but I'm hesitant to do too much for fear of crashing it.

NML

If you want to hop in as a coach, I need the following:

Name
Hometown and Alma Mater (for possible movement)
Offensive Playbook (need a school, remember it's 2007)
Offense Type
Run/Pass %
Sub %
Defensive PB
Run/Pass %
Sub %

As a player, just give as much or as little info as you want. I can make you as a random recruit before the off season starts, or I can edit one of the players I sign to be whoever you want (though I don't want to change attributes).

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Corch Bruin
New London, CT; Colorado
Texas Tech
Air Raid
30/70
Whatever is normal
4-3
55/45
Whatever is normal

Reactions: NML

NML

old-spice-guy-head-nod.gif

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Okay I'm in.

Corch Huska

Lincoln, NE; Nebraska
Air Force
Option
65/35
4-3
50/50

Can you tell me which crappy teams have a QB who has the attributes to conceivably run an option offense?

Reactions: NML

NML

Okay I'm in.

Corch Huska

Lincoln, NE; Nebraska
Air Force
Option
65/35
4-3
50/50

Can you tell me which crappy teams have a QB who has the attributes to conceivably run an option offense?

Gave you UL Monroe - worked well, especially since they are on the schedule.

Speaking of, here's our schedule:

@ Missouri
@ UL Monroe
vs North Texas
@ UTEP
vs Army
@ #3 Notre Dame
vs Arkansas State
@ #5 LSU
vs FIU
@ Louisiana Tech
@ Navy
vs Nicholls State: Battle for the Paddle

So we've got a few impossible games that we will get destroyed, a few no chance matchups, a handful of games that should be somewhat competitive, and then finish vs Nicholls, which is winnable. Finding two wins here would be a miracle.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Sweet. UL Monroe works well. Go warhawks! Actually, aren't they some slightly offensive nick name in that version?

NML

Sweet. UL Monroe works well. Go warhawks! Actually, aren't they some slightly offensive nick name in that version?

I think they were the Indians before? They are the Warhawks in this game.

Wendell Gump, coach. Any school is fine, default playbooks.

9_4649143.png

Did you move Nicholls State to FBS since they are your rival, or are you just playing them as an FCS team?

Left them in FCS. Didn't want to put them immediately in a conference or get rid of the service schools, so they can serve as our finale for a season or two, then be our opener after that to have a rivalry game.

Soonerfan09

Name: Corch Sooner Fan
Hometown and Alma Mater (for possible movement): OKC, University of Oklahoma
Offensive Playbook (need a school, remember it's 2007): Spread Option.....Oregon, WVU (I think), perhaps Florida.
Offense Type: Spread Option
Run/Pass %: 55/45
Sub %: High
Defensive PB: 4-2-5
Run/Pass %: 55/45
Sub %: High

Team - UTEP