• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Football 14 Dynasty (PS3)

Soonerfan09

Since we all have plenty of time and there are no sports, I propose an NCAA Football 14 dynasty. There are many different roster options to chose from, including: 1966, 1978, 1995, 2007-2020, and fictional rosters. Sliders would be challenging, perhaps these with adjustments if needed. Open to different levels of teams (1* teams, low Power 5 teams, 6* teams, whatever.) Also open to custom conferences.

I'm enjoying the 1995 rosters, but I would be open for whatever. Someone is supposedly working on 1997 rosters as well, which could be fun. Debate me skeletons/

Soonerfan09

J-Kits sliders are great. Definitely the most challenging I've ever used. I moved away from them because I hated the RB slowdown that I believe comes with RB ability being so low.
I get the rosters from OS. This thread has most of them, but you have to search around a bit to find some of the others. I believe they are all within the first 5 or so pages.

Renegade

Charge on!
Well, I’m interested. Do the EA servers still work for online play? My system has trouble connecting to them a lot.

I think the 95 rosters could be really fun. No spread option playbook and no hurry up except final 2 minutes and such? Or just all goes with the old rosters?

Soonerfan09

Well, I’m interested. Do the EA servers still work for online play? My system has trouble connecting to them a lot.

I think the 95 rosters could be really fun. No spread option playbook and no hurry up except final 2 minutes and such? Or just all goes with the old rosters?
I was in a dynasty last summer, but I haven’t tried online play in a while. I know you’re still able to download rosters and such, so I would imagine online play still works.
I would be ok with either probably. If we’re able to get enough people, we could put it to a vote.

Renegade

Charge on!
If not, I'm up for some H2H play. I don't have middle school stick skills anymore though, so I'll probably get crushed by a good human player.

Soonerfan09

I'd definitely be down for some H2H games. Do you know if we would be able to use classic rosters in a non-dynasty online game? Also, my stick skillz are trash.

Renegade

Charge on!
Since we all have plenty of time and there are no sports, I propose an NCAA Football 14 dynasty. There are many different roster options to chose from, including: 1966, 1978, 1995, 2007-2020, and fictional rosters. Sliders would be challenging, perhaps these with adjustments if needed. Open to different levels of teams (1* teams, low Power 5 teams, 6* teams, whatever.) Also open to custom conferences.

I'm enjoying the 1995 rosters, but I would be open for whatever. Someone is supposedly working on 1997 rosters as well, which could be fun. Debate me skeletons/

Could you put the 1995 roster up on roster share please? The link at OS is for an account on Xbox, and I can't find it for PS3 over there.

NM, found the conversion file as a .zip over there. Trying to figure out how to get it installed now.

Last edited:

Soonerfan09

Could you put the 1995 roster up on roster share please? The link at OS is for an account on Xbox, and I can't find it for PS3 over there.

NM, found the conversion file as a .zip over there. Trying to figure out how to get it installed now.
I found the '95 rosters on the roster share using the PSN name of either swosu49 or BillD529. One of these should still have them uploaded, or at least did about two weeks ago.

Renegade

Charge on!
I found the '95 rosters on the roster share using the PSN name of either swosu49 or BillD529. One of these should still have them uploaded, or at least did about two weeks ago.

I got it installed from a thumb drive. Played several games that had realistic final scores although somewhat low offensive stats using the sliders I linked above.

Soonerfan09

It would be great if we can get one more person, but I'd be down to roll with just us 3 if no one else wants to join. We can give it another day or two if you'll want.

Renegade

Charge on!
I've been playing an offline dynasty with the 95 rosters. Still in the first season, but results look reasonable. A few upsets that are questionable, but for the most part reasonable outcomes.

I'm questioning some of the playbook decisions for the coaches, so I made a few changes. I'll make more as I come across results that look off.

UF from the Run and Shoot to South Carolina
BYU from BYU to USC
Georgia Tech from Pro Style to UCF

I'm going to keep scanning results and looking for bad results where it looks like the computer doesn't sim the playbook well.

Soonerfan09

I've been playing an offline dynasty with the 95 rosters. Still in the first season, but results look reasonable. A few upsets that are questionable, but for the most part reasonable outcomes.

I'm questioning some of the playbook decisions for the coaches, so I made a few changes. I'll make more as I come across results that look off.

BYU from BYU to USC

I'm going to keep scanning results and looking for bad results where it looks like the computer doesn't sim the playbook well.
I’m playing one too and I have noticed quite a few upsets. Hopefully the playbook changes will be the fix.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

BYU from BYU to USC

Rutgers beat Miami yet?

Renegade

Charge on!
Rutgers beat Miami yet?

Georgia Tech did in OOC play.

I’m going to do some work on the coaches and playbooks. The alma maters are set up to try to help the coach get their next IRL job. I’m going to change most of those unless it makes a lot of sense.

Also, because of all the schools that didn’t play 1-A back then, the guy that created the roster put a bunch of young coaches like Urban Meyer and Mike Leach and such in the game. But they’re coaching shit teams, so they’re never going to get better jobs. I’m going to go in and up their coach skills and change a few specialties (Zook is an OC in game and Sumlin is a DC for example).

I’m also going to work on the playbooks some more. Almost done with my season play through.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Georgia Tech did in OOC play.

I’m going to do some work on the coaches and playbooks. The alma maters are set up to try to help the coach get their next IRL job. I’m going to change most of those unless it makes a lot of sense.

Also, because of all the schools that didn’t play 1-A back then, the guy that created the roster put a bunch of young coaches like Urban Meyer and Mike Leach and such in the game. But they’re coaching shit teams, so they’re never going to get better jobs. I’m going to go in and up their coach skills and change a few specialties (Zook is an OC in game and Sumlin is a DC for example).

I’m also going to work on the playbooks some more. Almost done with my season play through.
If anything, if you want young coaches in, have them be coordinators at the schools they were assistants at instead of being HC at Chico State

Renegade

Charge on!
If anything, if you want young coaches in, have them be coordinators at the schools they were assistants at instead of being HC at Chico State

I may do at least some of that and replace old fogey coordinators who don't matter in the long run. It looks like the guy has already done that a little...Art Briles is the OC at UNC despite never having worked there. No idea who their OC was in 95, but I'm guessing it was some old dude.

Renegade

Charge on!
BTW, you have to have one conference with a CCG. If you don’t, it simulates the bowls without you being able to play in them and skips right over bowl week to the end of season menu.

Renegade

Charge on!
I’m about 2-3 more hours from having the coaches fixed. I’ve been a bit arbitrary on the coach skills, mostly going off my opinion, the person’s record for getting hired and keeping their job (for coordinators I know nothing about), W-L record moderated by my opinion of the difficulty of the job, and their future ability.

Renegade

Charge on!

I’ve uploaded the roster with coaches fixed, mostly. I still need to do some playbook work, but I’ve got to stop for the day.

I feel like I was inconsistent on skill ratings, so I’d appreciate feedback for changes keeping in mind I was projecting to ensure successful coaches would be successful in the game.

If there’s someone missing that ought to be in, let me know that too. Did my best to get future major HCs in.

It’s uploaded on roster share: CitrusUCF

Soonerfan09

I’ve uploaded the roster with coaches fixed, mostly. I still need to do some playbook work, but I’ve got to stop for the day.

I feel like I was inconsistent on skill ratings, so I’d appreciate feedback for changes keeping in mind I was projecting to ensure successful coaches would be successful in the game.

If there’s someone missing that ought to be in, let me know that too. Did my best to get future major HCs in.

It’s uploaded on roster share: CitrusUCF
Coaches look great. It’s awesome that you can add stats to coaches.
I think it would be pretty cool to see the game change as coordinators start getting head coaching job and start running the spread.

Renegade

Charge on!
Coaches look great. It’s awesome that you can add stats to coaches.
I think it would be pretty cool to see the game change as coordinators start getting head coaching job and start running the spread.

Cool, I'm going to give the skills another lookover. And I need to add Dennis Erickson's career stats I think. And then just some playbook updates, and it'll be about as good as it's going to be right now.

Renegade

Charge on!
@Soonerfan09 @Rutgers Mike

I'm going to have this finished tonight. Are you still interested in an online dynasty? I've never played one, so I don't really know the dynamics of how it works.

While we're using the 95 rosters, I'd suggest we go with a more permanent conference alignment and go ahead and have the Big 12, the MWC, and moving teams like Marshall and Buffalo into the MAC. Use the Sun Belt for the WAC, since Sun Belt football doesn't start up for years. There'll be ~35 independents I think.

Any interest in any alternative conference alignments? And what team are you going to control? I'm leaning towards FSU or Miami (too bad the old Orange Bowl isn't in the game).

Soonerfan09

I'd be fine with any setup. We could create the old SWC, Big 8, etc., or we could modernize it. I'm fine with it either way.
Slider-wise, I have gone back to JKits sliders with QB accuracy at 10 for humans since I suck at passing, but again, I'm pretty flexible. One thing that I think would help keep the CPU competitive would be to cap the skill tree for user coaches at 0. This would make recruiting much more realistic (busts and gems) as there would be no scouting (technically you could still scout 10% for 50 points), and hopefully keep user teams from hoarding all the talent.

Renegade

Charge on!
I'd be fine with any setup. We could create the old SWC, Big 8, etc., or we could modernize it. I'm fine with it either way.
Slider-wise, I have gone back to JKits sliders with QB accuracy at 10 for humans since I suck at passing, but again, I'm pretty flexible. One thing that I think would help keep the CPU competitive would be to cap the skill tree for user coaches at 0. This would make recruiting much more realistic (busts and gems) as there would be no scouting (technically you could still scout 10% for 50 points), and hopefully keep user teams from hoarding all the talent.

I suck at recruiting and typically let the computer do it for me beyond identifying the targets.

I've got the JKits sliders with QB accuracy at 10, and I also turned up pass protection and RB skill a little bit. It's impossible to run PA with the pass protection settings he has. I'll look up what I've got it at...you still get sacked some, but it's possible to run longer pass plays. And I've made the RBs a little more dynamic.

Conference-wise, I'm thinking we go with a kind of late 90s alignment that's fairly stable until the 2005 ACC expansion. But I want to get the # of independents down a little, so I'd propose expanding the non-BCS conferences to 12...

AAC/Big East - 8, ACC - 9, Big 12 - 12, B1G - 11, SEC -12 (all as they were historically by 1996)

CUSA - Army, Cincinnati, Louisville, East Carolina, Memphis, UAB, Southern Miss, Tulane, Houston, + UCF, USF, & Tulsa to get 12
MAC - go ahead and get to 12 with Marshall, NIU, and Buffalo
MWC - the 8 founders + TCU, SMU, Rice, and UTEP
SBC - there should be 3 teams left in the WAC after subtracting the MWC 8 + the 4 Texas schools + Tulsa. I think the WAC at that point would be Hawaii, Fresno, and San Jose St. Add Boise, Idaho, New Mexico St, Utah St, Ark State, Nevada, North Texas, Louisiana Tech, and SW Louisiana you're at 12.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I didn’t order a controller yet. Let me get on that.

As far as conference alignments go, I would throw UConn in with the Big East so they have 9. I always liked using historical/ semi historical conference alignments like the proposed Metro Conference that would have been a merge of the Big East with Southern independents, or the Big 8 merging with the SWC for a 16 team conference, but the 1996 real life alignment probably makes the most sense.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/1996.html

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Basically with the ‘96 alignment
American Conference is the Big East, Mountain West is the WAC and Sun Belt is the Big West. CUSA and Big West both had 6 IRL at this time, so you could rotate a few of the other indys in to those conferences that fit, especially cause I think there is a limit of 32 teams for the independent side

Renegade

Charge on!
I didn’t order a controller yet. Let me get on that.

As far as conference alignments go, I would throw UConn in with the Big East so they have 9. I always liked using historical/ semi historical conference alignments like the proposed Metro Conference that would have been a merge of the Big East with Southern independents, or the Big 8 merging with the SWC for a 16 team conference, but the 1996 real life alignment probably makes the most sense.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/1996.html

We can add UConn to the Big East. I ran through the season once, and I had 42 independents I think. It really fucked with the bowl games, so for the non-AQ conferences, I think going to 12 for all of them will get that number down to something a bit more manageable as I outlined above.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Code:
ACC            Big East
1. Clemson        1. Boston College
2. Duke            2. Connecticut (1-AA at time)
3. Florida State    3. Miami
4. Georgia Tech        4. Pitt
5. Maryland        5. Syracuse
6. North Carolina    6. Rutgers
7. NC State        7. Temple
8. Virginia        8. Virginia Tech
9. Wake Forest        9. West Virginia

Big Ten            Pac Ten
1. Ohio State        1. Arizona
2. Northwestern        2. Arizona State
3. Penn State        3. California
4. Iowa            4. Oregon
5. Michigan        5. Oregon State
6. Michigan State    6. Stanford
7. Wisconsin        7. UCLA
8. Purdue        8. USC
9. Minnesota        9. Washington
10. Indiana        10. Washington State
11. Illinois

Big Twelve North    SEC East
1. Colorado        1. Florida
2. Iowa State        2. Georgia
3. Kansas         3. Kentucky
4. Kansas State        4. South Carolina
5. Missouri        5. Tennessee
6. Nebraska        6. Vanderbilt

Big Twelve South    SEC West
1. Baylor        1. Alabama   
2. Oklahoma        2. Auburn
3. Oklahoma State    3. Arkansas       
4. Texas        4. LSU
5. Texas A&M        5. Mississippi
6. Texas Tech        6. Mississippi State

WAC Mountain        WAC Pacific
1. BYU            1. Air Force
2. New Mexico        2. Colorado State
3. Rice            3. Fresno State
4. SMU            4. Hawaii
5. TCU            5. UNLV
6. Tulsa        6. San Diego State
7. UTEP            7. San Jose State
8. Utah            8. Wyoming

Conference USA        Big West
1. Cincinnati        1. Boise State
2. Houston        2. Idaho
3. Louisville        3. Nevada
4. Memphis        4. New Mexico State
5. Southern Miss    5. North Texas
6. Tulane        6. Utah State

MAC            Independents
1. Akron        1. Arkansas State
2. Ball State        2. Army
3. Bowling Green     3. East Carolina
4. Central Michigan    4. Louisiana
5. Eastern Michigan    5. Louisiana-Monroe
6. Kent State        6. Louisiana Tech
7. Miami Ohio        7. Navy
8. Ohio            8. Northern Illinois
9. Toledo        9. Notre Dame
10. Western Michigan    10. UAB
            11. UCF

Other non-1AA schools

1. Appalachian State
2. Buffalo
3. Charlotte
4. Coastal Carolina
5. Florida Atlantic
6. Florida International
7. Georgia Southern
8. Georgia State
9. Liberty
10. Marshall
11. Massachusetts
12. Middle Tennessee
13. Old Dominion
14. South Alabama
15. South Florida
16. Texas State
17. Troy
18. UTSA
19. Western Kentucky

This was the NCAA alignment from 1996, with UConn moved to the Big East. Like I said, to me, the 16 team WAC is great, to me. I would add NIU and Buffalo to the MAC to get them to 12. Marshall, ECU, UCF, USF, UAB and one more (La Tech??) to CUSA and then try to mash together some conglomeration of the Big West and the Sun Belt with 16 teams, and the rest being independents.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
@Soonerfan09 @Rutgers Mike

I'm going to have this finished tonight. Are you still interested in an online dynasty? I've never played one, so I don't really know the dynamics of how it works.

As far as the dynamics go, basically the less user controlled teams, the easier it is. Each person does their recruiting, then plays their game, and then the commish sims, and we repeat the process. If we're all using teams in different conferences, that don't play each other, it's easier than when you all pick one conference to control.

Soonerfan09

From what I’ve experienced, in a 12 user league, 4 teams/conference usually works out great. Not sure what the best setup would be with only 3 of us though. I’m sure we could get more interest (if we want) if we post on OS.

Renegade

Charge on!
I'm not real interested in having to schedule user H2H matches except for a bowl game, so I don't really want to drum up too much support honestly.

Soonerfan09

I'm not real interested in having to schedule user H2H matches except for a bowl game, so I don't really want to drum up too much support honestly.
It’s not that bad if you have committed people, especially right now. User games are the best part, otherwise it’s basically a single player offline dynasty since there is so little chance of users being matched up in a bowl game (not count NC game.)

Renegade

Charge on!
Are we going with limits on what teams we can pick? I think we all know which teams each other want to use

Updated roster is posted. So far as teams, my intent was to be FSU. But if you guys want to start with non-AQ schools or a certain star level, I’d be interested. Dibs on BYU.