1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

NCAA Defensive Discussion

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Discussion' started by bruin228, Feb 13, 2014.

1. LEGEND

LEGEND Well-Known Member

Team:
    Miami
    Most of the dynasties with members from here... don't allow run commit. I've never been one to run commit anyway. There was a guy in one of my other dynasties that run committed "EVERY" play!

He had it down to a science... It was so frustrating! He completely shut your run game down... Most of passing game too! He caused many a players to quit the dynasty. He never bothered me though... I was undefeated against him.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

2. JAR201166

JAR201166 Well-Known Member

Team:
    Alabama
    Honestly if you can't hit a deep ball its gonna get you but it wrecks the short passing an run game makes up for the stupid zone coverage issues by other players you're not using

LEGEND likes this.
  3. LEGEND

LEGEND Well-Known Member

Team:
    Miami
    The blitzes I'm talking about... send 7 guys! If it's anything over 5yds... It's getting to you! Because of the show blitz.. it's hard to know where the overload is coming from. I can leave a guy uncovered in 5 wide and get the sack b4 the QB has a chance to make the throw.

That's with the user knowing who's uncovered too! With elite talent it's almost impossible to beat. I have TX St In a dynasty with no defensive players above 75 Ovr... In fact... My DE's are both 72 Ovr my MLB is 75 and my OLB's are 70 and 72. In consecutive wk's I just beat FSU & Miami with 10+ sacks in each and multiple pick sixes!

It's just one adjustment needed to defend any group of receivers. The angles of the blitz... destroy the run in the process! My pick sixes are a result of people trying to throw screens against the look!

4. JAR201166

Team:
    Alabama
    The qb spy one fucks with the offensive line logic it's considered a nano

5. LEGEND

LEGEND Well-Known Member

Team:
    Miami
    Yeah I don't use that one... Actually it's the AI logic that's screwed up! Prior yrs if no one was over the Center it caused issues... This game if you move guys from over guards it causes problems.

6. fanoftgame

fanoftgame Active Member

To me run commit is arcadish and pure cheese. It disrepects ratings, leverage, physics, and human anatomy(cb's run commit inside to run then magically find their reciever behind him and mirror the route).

Run commit and pass commit( while far more realistic) are some of the worst gimmicks ever added to the madden and ncaa series since ps2 days.

/rant

bluejay13 and LEGEND like this.
  7. LEGEND

LEGEND Well-Known Member

Team:
    Miami
    I totally agree on run commit... It's the reason I don't use it! Everyone on defense charges hard inside and can still drop into a perfect trail position?

GTFOH!!!

[​IMG]

fanoftgame likes this.
  8. Atmore

Atmore Active Member

Is it just me or is 425 over and under the same just flipped? I thought under and over fronts have different alignments

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

9. Craig7835

Craig7835 Active Member

Team:
    Alabama
    They are

10. FSS

FSS Member

This the reason I have moved almost exclusively to Air Raid or Run-N-Shoot when I play NCAA. It's not worth the headache to have a thought our run game planned only for it to be made useless by someone using run commit with a little unpredictability.

JAR201166 and bluejay13 like this.
  11. JAR201166

Team:
    Alabama
    I miss NCAA but your a fool if you don't think people game plan for running teams like lsu in the les miles days lol

12. FSS

FSS Member

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

13. JAR201166

Team:
    Alabama
    Like I watched some saban stuff he was saying you know on this down we're thinking run due to watching film an what not I think run commit helps with people that don't like to user a safety you get toasted if your wrong just like in real life

14. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    LEACH
    Run commit is for people that are garbage at the game

bluejay13 likes this.
  15. JAR201166

Team:
    Alabama
    So just cause I don't like to play safety or linebacker I'm garbage

16. FSS

FSS Member

The problem with run commit like others have said it not executed realistically in the game. It destroys the offensive line blocking Ai, disregards ratings, and too many secondary defenders are still in good position to defend the pass. As someone said before at times it puts defenders in better position to defend the pass because they gain inside leverage and start to mirror the defender.

But the main thing is the disregard for ratings, and messing with blocking AI.

An example of what I was talking about before was me working on a two tightend power running scheme. Its not designed to trick you its smash mouth 3yrds and a cloud of dust football. Well with run commit you can put a 3-2 dime defense on the field with your cb matching on my te's and run commit middle and totally negate my Te's strength and blocking mismatch. My oline gets beat regardless of their rating.

I remember watching a game a couple years ago where Stanford literally ran it down Oregon's throat. They basically were running power over and over to clinch the game and Oregon couldn't do anything about it because they were outmatched up front.

I remember watching it thinking of ncaa like " why doesn't Oregon get in quarters and run commit" lmao.

In Ncaa that strategy actually works.

bruin228, Flanntastic and bluejay13 like this.
  17. JAR201166

Team:
    Alabama
    I agree but the gap control is awful in these games no matter who you play with

18. JAR201166

Team:
    Alabama
    It's either run commit or blitz everyone for me

FSS likes this.
  19. FSS

FSS Member

Yea I think if you really want a run commit effect that is more realistic it would some type of engage 8 or cover 0 blitz. To me that gives a better risk reward for the defense while not negating ratings.

But like I said, that's why I'd run more Air Raid if I played ncaa. Of the few who still play the game you never know when your going to play a "run committer" so instead of it frustrating me I just eliminate the problem and pass almost every play lol. It also helps me develop that aspect of my game.

JAR201166 likes this.
  20. JAR201166

Team:
    Alabama
    Well I would pass commit then lol

nofx94 and FSS like this.