• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

CJ_24

Think the media will spend the week discussing how Sparty enabled larry nassar and their interim president blamed the victims?

bruin

jamie dixon.

Solid. Not the grand slam. But the pretty brunette who will be loyal instead of the IG model who gave you her ass for Coachella backstage passes.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Dixon, who has an NIT and CBI Championship on his resume, is not a solid hire for UCLA.

UCLA going deep into their contact list if the only people answering the call are Jamie Dixon and Mick Cronin.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Jamie Dixon?

giphy.gif

bruin

apparently the MONSTER hire dropped. Someone in the AD dept prob lost their job..

It got out. He had to address the fanbase the night before their opening game

Loose lips sink ships..

let that be a message bros.

bruin

Proven P5 HC that has taken two schools to the NCAA's. Had historic seasons at Pitt and TCU. Worst season at Pitt was 19 wins, multiple seasons at TCU with 20+ wins.

UCLA needed a grounded head man in charge that gets it. Will coach defense and recruit LA hard. Was born here. Wooden way.

Anybody who doesn't think theyll win big here is fooling themselves.

I see the hate. I understand.

nnnnnn.gif

bruin

Am I wrong?

Look at the national media. UCLA offers Cal a pay raise. He was on the verge of accepting. It leaks and the deal falls through. Media laughs at UCLA for going deep.

Now media laughs at UCLA for going at a very good coach in Dixon. There’s no inbetween.

“But the expectations are unreasonable.” o rly?

Where’s the middle ground?

7EC82FB6-7BE2-44E8-8F7D-B5D2C4939971.gif

goblue96

50-58 in conference games over the last six seasons. That's not a good coach. That's a coach beefing up his record by playing shit teams in the non-conference.

jdlikewhoa

Am I wrong?

Look at the national media. UCLA offers Cal a pay raise. He was on the verge of accepting. It leaks and the deal falls through. Media laughs at UCLA for going deep.

Now media laughs at UCLA for going at a very good coach in Dixon. There’s no inbetween.

“But the expectations are unreasonable.” o rly?

Where’s the middle ground?

View attachment 7827
I’m not sure Cal using an offer from a pseudo potential employer to leverage a better offer from his current employer rises to the level of “on the verge of accepting but the deal leaked and fell through.”

Good narrative for UCLA though so they don’t have to admit they never had a shot at a NEXT LEVEL CORCH, and instead got played.

Last edited:

NML

they never had a shot at a NEXT LEVEL CORCH

This. Haven’t been relevant for a decade. UConn/Louisville/Indiana ain’t calling up Coach Cal and getting anything but used for a pay either.

Doesn’t USC still have the Gulf Coast guy who just got the job because of two wins? Doesn’t seem like any good coaches want to go west

bruin

Narrative. You guys are proving my points.

Why did Cal tweet Big Blue Nation the night before their opening round game then? What was their counter? A lifetime offer. Why offer that if they just "failed" by not even getting to the final 4.

A bunch of Jeff Goodman's in here.

But Chip came out west. Oh rightttt.....

ffff.gif

bruin

Now Dixon is a shitty coach. LOL.

Won 24, 21 and 23 games at TCU.

But let you guys circle jerk to your Fran Fraschilla narratives on the UCLA job. Probably still think they’re cheap and that their facilities are ancient.

DEE8BC4D-03E4-4CCF-9CFA-CC2F6340E3E1.gif

jdlikewhoa

Lol at thinking Calipari would leave an NBA G-League coaching gig for Division 1-AA

And what is the State Tax/Cost of Living difference between CA and KY @Bmack

jdlikewhoa

Cal had a great interview on the DP show today. He says he was never made an offer by UCLA and doesn’t have a lifetime contract with Kentucky. I felt like I was watching an episode of the Sopranos or sitting at dinner with my grandfather.

bruin

Big donors pulled out late. Didn’t want to pay that type of buyout for Dixon.

Will wait till Final Four is over. Coach still coaching this weekend in the Final Four has a offer he may not be able to refuse and UCLA unleashed the bank. F854A9AF-FD1A-4955-8FE6-448754A8AB00.gifStay tuned..

goblue96

Tony Bennett
Tom Izzo
Bruce Pearl

Chris Beard

Would Beard leave a place that he coached for 13 years as an assistant and a head coach for UCLA? I don't know....maybe.