1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

NCAA Basketball

Discussion in 'College Basketball Discussion' started by BIG EVIL, Feb 13, 2014.

1. BIG EVIL

BIG EVIL America's Finest

Team:
    San Diego State
    To discuss the conferences not special enough to have their own threads.

2. colb

colb Well-Known Member

Team:
    OSU
    5 game losing streak. Fuck yeah.

bjc likes this.
  3. goblue96

goblue96 Disney and Curling Expert

Team:
    Michigan
  4. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

I'm anal about bracketology type stuff (seems to help me come March Madness time) and right now they're doing a MockSelection with the actual committee . Interesting stuff so far.

5. bjc

bjc Butt Naked Wonda

Team:
    OSU
    What you think about OSU? Is there any chance they will make the tourney?

This losing streak is fucking ridiculous, I think I'll stop watching. Maybe we'll start winning. I was excited for the OU and KU home games, but not so much anymore.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  6. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

The bubble is pretty weak this year, we're talking about schools like St Joe's, LSU, St John's, Providence, WVU as bubble schools. Okie Lite is probably a 9/10 seed right now. They're a mess, but as long as they get to 20 wins and don't lose to like TCU in the 1st round of the Big 12 tourney, they're fine. They get OU, Kansas and K-State at home, if they win 2 of those games and beat who they should (@ TCU, Texas Tech) they won't even be a bubble team. But if they lose to OU at home Saturday and then at Baylor on Sunday, they're 50/50 at best to make it in.

7. bjc

bjc Butt Naked Wonda

Team:
    OSU
    Dude, we don't have Smart for our next two games. The crowd support against OU will probably be absolute garbage. I don't know, without Smart we're total shit. Maybe we'll get hot against OU at home but idk.. Doesn't seem likely. lol, what a shame.

8. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

OU just lost at home to the Texas Tech racyess doe. Okie State will be faves for that game.

9. bjc

bjc Butt Naked Wonda

Team:
    OSU
    lol, shows how much I pay attention to basketball.

This week has been a blur.

10. Clintmartian

Clintmartian Stringer Bell

Team:
    BSU
    Still rough, I still feel bad for him lol

11. mcnoles

mcnoles Well-Known Member

Love this Arizona/Arizona state game ending.

12. BIG EVIL

Team:
    San Diego State
    LOL it happened again. Sorry @BearDownUofA . Could've called a second one for hanging on the rim too.

This time, you could hear on the broadcast that referee said they killed the ball after the dunk, so by rule you can't call a technical for the fans rushing the court.

13. BearDownUofA

BearDownUofA Festizio

Team:
    Arizona
    Even so, there should have been a T for hanging on the rim. It's like Ed Rush didn't actually resign. That's twice now where we've played down to the level of an inferior opponent and let it stay close enough to where the referees could swing the tide of the game. Fuck that shit.

Whatever, ASU needs their few moments of glory to make their fans forget that their program is completely irrelevant and will only get worse once Jahii "I'm the best PG in the Pac-12" Carson leaves. We'll still finish higher in the conference and go further in the tournament.

14. bruin

bruin Well-Known Member

Ah, man. No sweet nickname for Herb Sendek? "Fraud Graham" FTW.

15. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Arizona is a reel e different team without Brandon Ashley. Not so sure they get that 1 seed.

16. BIG EVIL

Team:
    San Diego State
    Totally agree about the hanging on the rim technical @BearDownUofA . That was just pure stupidity to not call that one. Although I've seen those 3 referees at quite a few SDSU games over my 4 years on campus, and can't say I'm surprised they blew a call.

17. BearDownUofA

BearDownUofA Festizio

Team:
    Arizona
    Fans threw shit at our players and nothing was called that time either. Fuck this shit.

18. BearDownUofA

BearDownUofA Festizio

Team:
    Arizona
    Herbie the Fail Bug?

19. bjc

bjc Butt Naked Wonda

Team:
    OSU
    LeBryan Nash is definitely my favorite out of our players.

20. Orangebird

Orangebird Premier League Champs

Team:
    Maryland
    Maryland played one hell of a game in their last ACC game v. Duke.