• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Money Plays

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Since NCAA strategy conversations have been waning a bit, I thought I would create a new thread with a topic I'm not really sure we've discussed all that much here.

I'm curious what play(s) everyone uses as your "money" play. To be clear, I'm not talking about money plays that are just overpowered because of game design or plays you run 20 times a game as part of your normal offense. I'm talking about individual plays you go to when you're looking for a big play or a shock play after a change of possession or maybe even a trick play. For example, after a turnover at midfield, do you have one quick change play you like to call to score fast? Or a trick play you like to call once a game. Or even a certain two point play you use when you need two to tie/win.

I know in the history of video game football, the term "money play" has been used to describe plays that are just overpowered bullshit that seems to work 100% of the time regardless of what your opponent does. I'd like to avoid talking about that stuff, by now we all know what is overpowered. I'm just talking about shock plays or special plays you might call once or twice a game if the situation dictated. I use the term money play just because that's the terminology I've always used for those types of "special" plays.

fanoftgame

Ace Normal

Right side 1wr drag, Te corner, rb flare

Left side: Wr post(i think), Te Dig

Corner, Dig, Drag

If Te should be open on most defenses, if not the dig or drag is good.

I really like the boot over plays in pistol trips and pistol TE/Wing (can't remember the name) trips. I hot route the lone TE to a slant and he will be wide open versus man (barring route mirroring) due to the natural picks that occur and against zone one of the trips receivers is almost always open.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I really like the boot over plays in pistol trips and pistol TE/Wing (can't remember the name) trips. I hot route the lone TE to a slant and he will be wide open versus man (barring route mirroring) due to the natural picks that occur and against zone one of the trips receivers is almost always open.

I've taken to running the PA Counter play out of Pistol quite a bit for a similar reason, flipped (for a right handed QB) so the PA animation is more fluid (I cancel it right after the QB/HB mesh). Using Pistol Trips for an example:

---------Y-T-G-C-G-T--------------------------X---------
------------------------------A---------Z------------------
-----------------Q-----------------------------------------
-----------------H------------------------------------------

I'll hot route the Y TE to a shallow/drag. Leave A and Z WRs alone and then check the coverage on the X WR. If it is press, I'll hot route him to an alert vertical. If it is off and/or two high safeties, I'll leave him running his post.

Basically gives me a mesh concept with A and Y, usually with a really nice rub/pick for the Y TE. Then a deep cross behind that, which makes it similar to a drive or shallow cross concept and then the post or alert vertical outside. The post wrecks Cover 2 and the vertical with a good WR owns press man.

Best part is how well it times up with the PA animation and how easy the ready is. 1-2-3-4 left to right. Look TE underneath first, then A-Z-X short to deep. By the time you get to that 4th read, he's just coming out of his break on the post.

I can do the same concept out of pretty much any Pistol formation with the PA Counter. I really like it out of Y Trips as well because I can create an NCAA/Post-Dig concept with an alert to the outermost WR on the Trey side.

Really like it against users because the reads are easy, you have a route for any coverage and that really quick reverse pivot PA animation is a good way to freeze user controlled defenders.

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
Necro post, but

Goal Line Twins Over can run a tackle eligible pass. The line is unbalanced, and the weakside tackle is a TE. He breaks the huddle with a hot route option. He will get picked up by a LB, but it can throw users off. Its my go to 4th and goal, 2 point conversion play.