• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

MMA Thread

Plotty

Tath Meacher
This card is going in UFC 151 territory as sheer godawful. Weidman Machida better be good.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
*facepalm Ugh god no. Diaz belongs in the WWE the way he runs his mouth. I actually hope Anderson Silva gets a shot to put his fist in it.

But what's really awesome is Cormier stepping in to take on Bones Jones. Next to Gus this might be the toughest fight for Bones. Cormier will turn this into a wrestling match, one Bones can't win. Bones has to use his dynamic striking to win.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
It took abit for me to figure if he was trolling me or being srs.
I'm wondering if it was directed at me for the Diaz comment. IMO I still watch the fights, @Clintmartian, I fear that all these events and organizations are going to erode the base of the sport away. I've watched mma for dang near 20 years now, back to the day of Royce Gracie and Dan Severn. I'm not going away. Sure I might be critical and whatnot, but when said and done it's a message board. :)

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Actually some good fights tonight. Lawler Brown was a Fricking war. Big Rig better watch out, Robbie Lawler has looked really good the first half of 2014.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Lol @ you guys. I don't think any of you guys have stopped watching football because someone in the sport had a dog fighting ring or raped women or murdered people. GJGE with the strawman though.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Also. Fuck that guy he should have been in jail a long time ago. I'm not sure how he keeps getting out of prison, if I recall it seems to be a theme with this guy. I remember hearing about him before I got into MMA a while back.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Lol @ you guys. I don't think any of you guys have stopped watching football because someone in the sport had a dog fighting ring or raped women or murdered people. GJGE with the strawman though.

I mean that's fair. But MMA is an easy target because dew chugging bros are an easy target

The target market is unabashedly the dumbest 10% of the population

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Also lol I didn't even notice Karl posted the same link minutes before me. Fail

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
I mean that's fair. But MMA is an easy target because dew chugging bros are an wash target
I'll definitely admit that. They ruin it, I just don't like being boxed in with a generality because some dickheads will watch it and think they should go fight someone on the street.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Lol. I mostly just mock the NFL and barely pay attention to my alma mater.

No Bammer here. This is not Bammer area.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They are all a bunch of uncle Rico types too. Watching a fight, "man if I just didn't have that knee problem, id be out there whooping ass brah"

bruin

0811-war-machine-instagram-3.jpg

nuke em all/

bruin

what's worse: Saturday night at the Bar surrounded by these fucks for MMA 2574 or attending the Gathering of the Juggalos

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They come out of the woodwork too, when Bottom Line shows (an internet bootleg) of this stuff half the bar looks like those people from Oxyana in WV

@jdlikewhoa

Plotty

Tath Meacher
The last handful of posts in this thread are gold. Almost forgot this thread existed. Matter of fact, I've kinda forgot MMA existed. Haven't watched an event in a while now.

guess the murrica futbol And beisbol has taken over

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
GarrettHoleve.jpg

Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighters are known for their tough mentality and stop-at-nothing attitudes, so it’s no surprise that even though Garrett “G Money” Holeve has Down syndrome, he has muted his doubters and is fighting his way into the cage.
On November 8, Holeve will enter the cage for his first sanctioned fight against David “Cerebral Assassin” Steffan. The fight between Holeve and Steffan, a former Special Olympian who was born with cerebral palsy, has been approved by Spire Sanctioning – an amateur MMA sanctioning body – and is being sponsored by Fighting for Autism.
The fighters’ home states of Florida and Nebraska would not sanction the fight so they must travel to Missouri. A campaign to change the legislation in Florida is underway, but for now, Holeve’s main focus is his upcoming fight.
“It means everything to me,” he told FoxNews.com.
Holeve, 25, watches Ultimate Fighter Championship (UFC) and counts Stephan Bonnar— who he met in 2011— as his favorite. Holeve first started training about four years ago when a gym opened up in his town, Cooper City, and has even started teaching classes to younger kids.
Holeve’s father, Mitch, said the whole thing started as a dare from him to his three sons to go explore the American Top Team gym, and “G was the only one who actually went.”
Holeve’s been training for four hours a day with his coaches, breaking the sessions up between morning and night, and for now has cut back his role in teaching classes at the gym. He’s also started a gluten-free, dairy-free, high-protein diet.
“Right now I just focus on the fight, I just want to beat [Steffan],” Holeve said.
Mitch said his son and Steffan are friends outside the cage, texting and communicating on Facebook -- but since training started they’ve focused on becoming enemies.
“I’m going to knock David out,” Holeve said, adding he’s working on a lot of take downs, but said his technique will be kept a secret until fight night.
When he’s not training, Holeve likes hanging out with his older and younger brothers, Logan and Zach.
“I like to go to the pool and have some fun,” Holeve said.
But right now there’s no time for that because Holeve has his sight set on the win and the coveted belt awarded after the fight.
“That belt is mine, not his,” he said.
Holeve has the support of the National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) and while some -- including family -- criticize his father for allowing him compete, Mitch knows his son wouldn’t have it any other way.
“It’s a big goal for me,” Holeve said.
Holeve will travel with his parents, brother Logan and coaches for weigh-in on November 7, and a petition for Florida to allow his fights to be sanctioned in the state has been signed by 123,000 people.
Click for more from Garrett's Fight.

:nebraskaman: