• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
98 days until pitchers and catchers report, if there's a season. Many questions:
  • Will there be a season? How many fans will they lose this time?
  • Will the Rockies really let Jon Gray go to free agency? Does it matter if Travis is stuck in 2021 due to a temporal vortex?
  • Will Dusty finally win a ring?
  • Will they do anything to combat the spreadsheet jockeys that are making the sport worse?
  • Will they ever fix the insane blackout rules?

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah he’s not a bad manager. I hadn’t been keeping up with the mlb news recently. Last I saw he ended up with no contract for 2022. I think he’s better than larussa at this point for sure.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He's been hated for years on this site, and winning percentage is a weird way to judge an MLB manager. This isn't football.

He really was the perfect hire for the Astros.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah, he's actually 30th all time in winning percentage now that I'm looking at it. That puts him ahead of Joe Maddon, Bruce Bochy, Connie Mack, and Clark Griffith, to name a few.

It's a dumb stat to judge a manager on, though.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Ah. He was a perfect hire to manage the scandal aftermath and that clubhouse. He does well with big personalities. I say that begrudgingly because I hate the Astros.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I signed Javy Baez in the off season for 5 years and 8.3 million per. What a fucking steal. He's already hit 15 tanks through the first 35 games of 2022. He even has a signature move when he hits a no doubter.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
  • Will there be a season? How many fans will they lose this time? Yes. About tree fiddy
  • Will the Rockies really let Jon Gray go to free agency? Does it matter if Travis is stuck in 2021 due to a temporal vortex? Who?
  • Will Dusty finally win a ring? Nah B
  • Will they do anything to combat the spreadsheet jockeys that are making the sport worse? Let's hope
  • Will they ever fix the insane blackout rules? No, that would be too easy

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
98 days until pitchers and catchers report, if there's a season. Many questions:
  • Will there be a season? How many fans will they lose this time?
  • Will the Rockies really let Jon Gray go to free agency? Does it matter if Travis is stuck in 2021 due to a temporal vortex?
  • Will Dusty finally win a ring?
  • Will they do anything to combat the spreadsheet jockeys that are making the sport worse?
  • Will they ever fix the insane blackout rules?
Yes, no more than any other season
Yes
Hope not
Meh
Nope

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
No way, leave the K zone and get rid of the bad umps. Just let the computer call balls and strikes. No more arguing balls and strikes. Speed up the game even more.

CJ_24

No way, leave the K zone and get rid of the bad umps. Just let the computer call balls and strikes. No more arguing balls and strikes. Speed up the game even more.
The issue is that the "K zone" is not the actual strike zone. It's similar to the LOS and first down lines on da footbaw broadcast. They're a nice tool to aid the average viewer, but they're not the law. I read ur post as saying "let's get rid of the statute and follow the agency's interpretation of the law because the interpretation is easier for everyone to see"

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It’s better than the umps strike zone. Guaranteed and the width of the plate is accurate. That ain’t subjective.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
K zone used to be so bad, especially because half the parks have terrible broadcast angles. I assume they do a better job now. Borderline calls are what they are, but umps should get shit for terrible calls and an inconsistent zone.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That’s my point. Even if it isn’t perfect, at least it will be consistent. Umps aren’t.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Nobody Wants the Mets’ GM Job. Now an M&A Lawyer in Pittsburgh Is on the List
For the second consecutive offseason, the Mets have struggled to find a top executive to lead their front office

RiLlj.gif