• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MAJOR OOTP ANNOUNCEMENT LIVE NOW

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
All I can do at this stage is say sorry. However -

https://gmgames.org/2018/03/08/ootp-19-partners-with-ea-and-will-include-brand-new-3d-engine/

• Many more improvements, including:
  • Redesigned interface, with the ability to choose between 6 different fonts
  • 800 custom team logos for fictional leagues
  • Improved Manager Home screen, with a more customizable layout and new widget options
  • A new stat — RA9-WAR (WAR based on runs allowed) — for pitchers
  • EA Sports is basically merking this garm now

Wolfman21

WHY ARE YOU TAKING ME SERIOUSLY? Have I really confused you all this much? :laughing:

noones taking you seriously. We're trying to have a somewhat serious conversation about the state of the upcoming edition and you are just spouting nonsense that we point at from time to time. If half of your trolling, or even a quarter of it, was in the least bit funny...nobody would bat an eye.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
noones taking you seriously. We're trying to have a somewhat serious conversation about the state of the upcoming edition and you are just spouting nonsense that we point at from time to time. If half of your trolling, or even a quarter of it, was in the least bit funny...nobody would bat an eye.

Have you tried being nice?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Anyway. This thread's been derailed. WHO'S EXCITED FOR THE GAME. EVERYONE IS HERE FOR THE GAME.

@Karl Hungus - do you think we might be able to set up some community relations with the devs at some point?

Wolfman21

You are correct...life is made up of people that enjoy winning and people that are ok with losing. Im glad you can glean that from our sweep

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Notes on the latest stream for my small ballers:

Scouting:
Scouting accuracy — there’s a scouting accuracy icon right under STARZ that shows how full your scouting report is. Scouting reports also come in more organically rather than once a month or whatever. The more reports you get, the higher accuracy report.

It looks like the old request report can trigger an updated report, but not necessarily a big report, those seem random. And, clogging up your tasks on individual players will clog up your scout’s priorities. You can also access the scouting task list, and adjust the scouting priority system. You can set priorities on certain positions.

It sounds like OSA comes out with general reports but reports that are less specific and may have more errors.

Matt Arnold is dialed in using an awful connection, this is just impossible to listen to. WOOF.

It looks like you can combine scouting layouts to view OSA, scout, written reports, etc.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
DRAFT:

The draft pool is always available, and you can toggle through draft years into the future. Even without feeders. This will mean that you don't have to sperg to view future classes.

We should test without feeders and then with feeders and compare the new system. Official answer: Everything works in feeder and non-feeder leagues.

This new system seems to pair with scouting accuracy very well. As in, you might have one guy with great ratings but low accuracy, or another with very good ratings but high accuracy built up. Do you take the sure thing or go RIVERBOAT GAMBLER @TonyGin&Juice

Historical drafts are more built out and you can see players' ratings at the moment of draft.

Once the draft pool is available, you can do an OSA MOCK DRAFT. This looks awesome. Publishing these can add to strategy if there's enough variance between OSA and our scouts (personally, not sure there currently is with high scouting accuracy, will have to test).

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Prospect Pipeline:

This is a gr8 new screen where you can filter down the top prospects list to see DUBLIN TOP PROSPECTS, then TOP SHORTSTOP PROSPECTS, then TOP SEOUL PITCHER PROSPECTS, etc.

Really cool new screen to drive trades.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Expansion:

Offline feature I guess, you receive an email before expansion that allows you to adjust league expansion cities and options before they just announce a new team.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Coach Screen:

Doesn't apply to us, but they have better UX on the filtering, similar to the prospect pipeline.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
They are really hyping the FUN of scouting/drafting. It sounds like the managing of scouting reports leading up to the draft, how you manage your scouts time can have real impact on DRAFT DAY.

rdFkQgL.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Do we not have coaches because they don’t work right? If they work right, I would love to hire our own coaches/scouts/etc.

We didn't have coaches because they were too big of an advantage for big market teams. It was easy to tell who was the BEST manager/coach/scout, and they had VERY HIGH advantage both in development and in winning.

I do actually think that they are done a lot better now. For example, you could get a traditional manager or a SABR manager. It would be risky to implement, though.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Matt Arnold comments on feeders:

I mean, feeders have never been "necessary", depending on your criteria.

But overall, in many ways, the changes to the whole system will make the default non-feeders setup feel more "feeder-y" (while at the same time letting those who like feeders also have an improved setup with explicit draft classes). There are still some differences - as mentioned, the game-created players tend to have larger range of stats, and we still do create all the stats for the season at once for game-created players, as opposed to feeders actually playing out the games.

As for the technical details, when you delete a league, all the players will get released by default to the FA pool, so to avoid a mass influx of players, you'll need to delete the players first. But once your feeders are gone, the next time the league looks for releasing its draft pool, then it will create a completely new batch of players, including underclassmen for future seasons.