• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Madden Oh Look The Same Damn Game Again 15

sayo

YEET
But at least they got the new announcers in and had the jerseys flowing in the air correctly... It's the important things. EASHL will be touted as a big new feature next season though.

fanoftgame

Oh man did I ever love coaching against the wide 9 technique. Obviously in the NFL, DEs can be multifunctional players who can both control that edge AND recognize and squeeze against an off tackle "power" run... but there are zero middle school DEs with the intelligence to do this, so the hole on power was literally 5 yards wide.

@smeth
LSU actually used to run one of my favorite plays at the CFB level for dealing with wide DEs as well. It was what I called the "Tunnel Toss." Basically an off tackle power with the TE kicking out on the DE instead of the FB, freeing the FB to pull through the hole with the guard. It sounds really simple, but it really works because of the fact that the QB tosses the ball to the RB. If you run the exact same play with a normal handoff action, the DE recognizes it and instantly squeezes. You toss the ball instead (with the RB taking the exact same path to the hole) and suddenly the DE takes himself out of the play trying to set the edge against what they think is an outside zone blocking scheme (I'd tell the TE to make a half-assed attempt to "reach" block the DE to further sell the DE's read). At some point, people stopped recognizing the fact that you can toss the ball for off-tackle/interior runs too, the toss doesn't necessarily mean it is an outside sweep/outside zone type play. It illustrates how a subtle difference (tossing the ball to the RB instead of handing it to him) can make a huge difference in what the play "looks" like to the defense.

The same concept works well with Jet motion running plays as well. Everyone sees that jet motion and they start shitting their pants about the outside zone threat of it... but if you run it at a wide 9 like that and pretend like you are trying to reach block him, he'll literally take himself out of the play and it leaves a gigantic hole.

I was watching Washington and they ran a play with toss action but with almost an inside zone track. Rg3 looked like he would toss it apmost straight backwards. I assume it was used the action to get the defense to play wider while running inside on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Keith1212

Reviews are starting to come out :(

You expected low scores?

MM and big site video game reviews are worthless. Wait for the user reviews to come in (for the ones that have to buy the shit fest every year). In two weeks time you'll get the opinions that matter.

jdlikewhoa

The GameInformer review was the only review I actually read. The actual review wasn't flattering and they still gave it an 8/10 :dunno:

fanoftgame

For someone who is strictly an online player you really cant judge madden or the former ncaa until about a month in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I can tell just by the commercials that the engine is still shit man. That doesn't mean it's not a fun game, I suppose, but it still doesn't look anything like football to me. I just can't help it.

jdlikewhoa

Thought I could cop at the end of last week but none of the stores around here continued the street date breaking tradition this year. Lol at guys over at OS dropping $100+ to get the game 3-4 days early

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I can tell just by the commercials that the engine is still shit man. That doesn't mean it's not a fun game, I suppose, but it still doesn't look anything like football to me. I just can't help it.
Players still slide around like they're on roller skates, lol

Soonerfan09

Is this worth getting for PS3?
I know, it's not "worth" getting for any system, but you'll know what I'm asking.

fonzilla

I will be buying Madden same day as the Destiny Bundle comes in the mail. So who's down for franchise mode? What say you NuTopians????

worst2first

If anyone that buys this would give an overview of career mode (or whatever they call the mode where you control one player) I would appreciate it. I am interested in whether or not you are the default starter regardless of your ability (ratings) and how progression works. I'd also like to know whether you play on special teams while you're a backup. Any additional info about this mode is also appreciated. Thanks.

sayo

YEET
I may actually pick this up when it goes cheap. I have some friends that plan on getting it for ps4 so I'll at least have some online people to play with. Also havent bought a football game in years and would probably play quite a bit on the new system. Probably won't purchase for quite a while with FIFA and Destiny coming out next month.

mongoose

If anyone that buys this would give an overview of career mode (or whatever they call the mode where you control one player) I would appreciate it. I am interested in whether or not you are the default starter regardless of your ability (ratings) and how progression works. I'd also like to know whether you play on special teams while you're a backup. Any additional info about this mode is also appreciated. Thanks.

Don't have the game, but I just fired up a Career Mode twitch stream, and the guy is a QB on the Seahawks. He is also starting Wk 1 against the packers, sooo....

Keith1212

Where are the impressions? I need a good laugh and I can get them from real impressions or the ones that people do to delude themselves into thinking that the game doesn't suck.

jdlikewhoa

Where are the impressions? I need a good laugh and I can get them from real impressions or the ones that people do to delude themselves into thinking that the game doesn't suck.
Will cop it this weekend and troll all of you with impressions for this gr8 game you're all missing out on.

Chase

875036605824412451.png

Wolfman21

Yup...same Madden that has been out for years and years. Same bullshit still happening. LOL at anyone that continues to waste their money on this game.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I especially love the reviews that are like "they are ripping people off!" after some dumbfuck buys it for the 15th year in a row. It's not a ripoff, it's their business model you idiot, and you're part of it.

jdlikewhoa

Ma'lady has to work tonight and I'm off tomorrow. Got a full liquor cabinet and 99% sure I won't be able to not cop this once I get a few in me

jdlikewhoa

Is your liquor cabinet now 98% full
Less 2% would completely tank me with how extensive the current liquor collection is. Breezy is a promo girl for liquor companies so we've got about 70 bottles of various liquors in the house. You should've stopped by on your road trip