• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Madden 15 is the Best Game Ever Made

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Although I'm mad that you'll continue to play this, without playing it, I wouldn't get these golden posts.

Such good

worst2first

I kind of want to try the draft thing but my overall suckiness and complete derision for 99.9% of online players is dissuading me. I've almost completely given up on multiplayer games because most humans are turds or at least act like them online.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I kind of want to try the draft thing but my overall suckiness and complete derision for 99.9% of online players is dissuading me. I've almost completely given up on multiplayer games because most humans are turds or at least act like them online.

When I play people like you I really enjoy it because even if you aren't "good" by online standards, we can have a really nice game of football. When played by gentleman's rules, footbaw games can be fun and really in this type of game you are probably a lot better than you give yourself credit for, since you aren't playing against all the exploits and such.

I always start with straight gameplay as my default stance online, but if I see shenanigans happening (nano blitzes, 4th down troggery, high pass abuse, toss abuse) then I double down and troll harder than fuck and Randall Cunningham is about to have career day of running around like an asshole. I don't really have a "kind of trog" setting, for me it is either straight play or no rules.

My problem online is that my user defense is so bad that I'd be better letting the CPU handle the duties. That pretty much dooms me to never being great at these games, even if I am fine offensively. Against a good online player, I know I'll probably never get a stop unless I trap them with limited time at the end of the half, and even then it is dicey.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah, that's my FIFA MO as well.

PSUEagle

I'm not sure why you'd subject urself to ranked games.

I've been an online league/fellow utopian guy for years: haven't played a ranked game since I was still in college (over four years ago). For every guy you find that plays the game like a simulation, thirty will run the same five plays repeatedly and frustrate the piss out of you. So why even take that chance?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
because it is fun to troll them. You just have to have the right outlook for it when it comes to griefing someone. Madden and COD aren't any fun otherwise.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I've gone straight 5 WR formations now with a mobile QB. Fuck running the ball, that's too inconsistent when the game just occasionally determines that a NT will blow through a double team sometimes. If I want to run the ball it is going to be like an asshole with Randall/Cam.

5 wide stick/nod is the perfect play. Hot route both backside WRs to slants. Gives you double slants concept weak side which is shreds zone (when spread to 5 wide) with stick nod/zig in on the strong side to beat man. Then if all that is covered, the primary receiver on the strong side (make sure he's tall) is running a streak. At worst it is a punt pick, but usually it is a completion. If they come out in quarters and hot route to like a 10 man zone, just wait till everyone drops back and then run up the middle with your QB like an asshole. Don't use the designed run, just take off running from a pass play.

fanoftgame

I've gone straight 5 WR formations now with a mobile QB. Fuck running the ball, that's too inconsistent when the game just occasionally determines that a NT will blow through a double team sometimes. If I want to run the ball it is going to be like an asshole with Randall/Cam.

5 wide stick/nod is the perfect play. Hot route both backside WRs to slants. Gives you double slants concept weak side which is shreds zone (when spread to 5 wide) with stick nod/zig in on the strong side to beat man. Then if all that is covered, the primary receiver on the strong side (make sure he's tall) is running a streak. At worst it is a punt pick, but usually it is a completion. If they come out in quarters and hot route to like a 10 man zone, just wait till everyone drops back and then run up the middle with your QB like an asshole. Don't use the designed run, just take off running from a pass play.

U should be ashamed of yourself lol

PSUEagle

because it is fun to troll them. You just have to have the right outlook for it when it comes to griefing someone. Madden and COD aren't any fun otherwise.

I used to feel that way, but I guess I've outgrown that.

When's FIFA come out? I'll buy it for the PS4 so you can return the favor and kick my ass:laughing:

fanoftgame

I'm not sure why you'd subject urself to ranked games.

I've been an online league/fellow utopian guy for years: haven't played a ranked game since I was still in college (over four years ago). For every guy you find that plays the game like a simulation, thirty will run the same five plays repeatedly and frustrate the piss out of you. So why even take that chance?

I have always been an ranked guy. The problem with leagues for me is I'm a binge player. I really don't play during the week. I sometimes don't play on weekends either. But when I do want to play I want play a bunch of games.

Also, I absolutely hate playing the computer. So if the league games aren't all user I would get bored easily.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Next Tuesday I think? FIFA is pretty fun to me. There are some "exploits" and stuff but they mostly just involve using players whose physical ratings make them too good for their actual skills, but it is nothing like Madden when it comes to "cheese." You can play online and see something that at least resembles soccer against even the cheesiest opponents.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
U should be ashamed of yourself lol

As mentioned above, I start out playing straight... but if my opponent wants to play East Lobby shenanigans, then I'm not going to half-ass it.... I'm going WHOLE ASS LOBBY BALL. I don't even flip the play, I run it the same way every time.

PSUEagle

I have always been an ranked guy. The problem with leagues for me is I'm a binge player. I really don't play during the week. I sometimes don't play on weekends either. But when I do want to play I want play a bunch of games.

Also, I absolutely hate playing the computer. So if the league games aren't all user I would get bored easily.

I bought Madden because I wanted a new game after a few years, but I'm getting to the point where many of our other Utopians have been: I haven't turned on my PS4 in a couple weeks. Game is better than last gen, but it hasn't progressed as much as it should have due to no market accountability. Plus it seems like they've dumbed down user skills to appeal to the ten year olds that play COD.

worst2first

I'm one of those weird people that really want an RPG like player career mode. Connected Franchise as a player is tolerable but there's nothing special about it. Madden 16 is about to be traded towards FIFA.

fanoftgame

As mentioned above, I start out playing straight... but if my opponent wants to play East Lobby shenanigans, then I'm not going to half-ass it.... I'm going WHOLE ASS LOBBY BALL. I don't even flip the play, I run it the same way every time.

Haha I guess I can respect that.

However, I would think that you basically get forced into troll wars 99% of your games, right?

fanoftgame

I bought Madden because I wanted a new game after a few years, but I'm getting to the point where many of our other Utopians have been: I haven't turned on my PS4 in a couple weeks. Game is better than last gen, but it hasn't progressed as much as it should have due to no market accountability. Plus it seems like they've dumbed down user skills to appeal to the ten year olds that play COD.

Honestly, I've been the same way. I don't even care anymore. I put my ps4 back in the box and haven't messed with it in about a week or two.

I basically only play football video games but do it year round, and put a good amount of gaming time in. But I guess I'm just getting older or whatever but I havent really played this madden much at all.

Not to mention the way they have setup online ranked pretty much killed it for me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Haha I guess I can respect that.

However, I would think that you basically get forced into troll wars 99% of your games, right?

I'd say it is closer to 60% of my games end up as trog wars.... but I assume that's because I'm playing low level players (I got the game late and haven't played much).

DanishDonut0

As bad as Madden is, I would be so down to play you guys again @Travis7401 and @PSUEagle.

I'd have to say beating the cheesers with straight play is actually even more amazing. I can't remember the last Madden I played online, maybe 13? But it was so fun beating everyone with the Rams/Browns/other awful teams. Nothing like a 20 play, 8 minute drive NFL mong offense in those short quarters.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Next Tuesday I think? FIFA is pretty fun to me. There are some "exploits" and stuff but they mostly just involve using players whose physical ratings make them too good for their actual skills, but it is nothing like Madden when it comes to "cheese." You can play online and see something that at least resembles soccer against even the cheesiest opponents.
How dare you speak ill of Doumbia

fanoftgame

As bad as Madden is, I would be so down to play you guys again @Travis7401 and @PSUEagle.

I'd have to say beating the cheesers with straight play is actually even more amazing. I can't remember the last Madden I played online, maybe 13? But it was so fun beating everyone with the Rams/Browns/other awful teams. Nothing like a 20 play, 8 minute drive NFL mong offense in those short quarters.

You love online ranked this year then.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
When I play people like you I really enjoy it because even if you aren't "good" by online standards, we can have a really nice game of football. When played by gentleman's rules, footbaw games can be fun and really in this type of game you are probably a lot better than you give yourself credit for, since you aren't playing against all the exploits and such.

I always start with straight gameplay as my default stance online, but if I see shenanigans happening (nano blitzes, 4th down troggery, high pass abuse, toss abuse) then I double down and troll harder than fuck and Randall Cunningham is about to have career day of running around like an asshole. I don't really have a "kind of trog" setting, for me it is either straight play or no rules.

My problem online is that my user defense is so bad that I'd be better letting the CPU handle the duties. That pretty much dooms me to never being great at these games, even if I am fine offensively. Against a good online player, I know I'll probably never get a stop unless I trap them with limited time at the end of the half, and even then it is dicey.

You've gotta beat them playing straight, doe. You have to play the role of Batman. Show them that your way is the right way. Be the hero that Madden deserves.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You've gotta beat them playing straight, doe. You have to play the role of Batman. Show them that your way is the right way. Be the hero that Madden deserves.

Nah, b, the pump fake glitch years showed me the light. If we gonna trog so that every drive is a TD, then I'm at least going to beat you with game theory by controlling the clock/possessions.

worst2first

@Travis7401 will be happy to know that in 2016 the Raiduhs new backup QB is Tim Tebow! At least in my WR Connected Franchise he is. I'm playing through a WR career which I will promptly abandon along with Madden when FIFA arrives.

PSUEagle

Popped the game in for the first time in awhile and @bruin228 cheesed the fuck out of me and beat me twice.

:trollface:

Anyone else who switched from 360 to PS4 have issues with pushing the wrong buttons due to years of built up muscle memory? I've made so many bad throws and wrong play calls just due to pushing the wrong buttons/EA needlessly changing the play calling interface:rolleyes:

worst2first

Something weird happened in my Raiders WR franchise during year two. In a couple of games the Raider defense got absurdly good and held opponents to around 100 yards total. I didn't go through all the stats but me thinks something is still glitchy with the sim engine. The last couple of games have been much better and the opposing teams seem to be moving the ball better in the sim. Oh Madden, why you always gotta Madden?

Last edited:

fanoftgame

I dont understand why but I have an extremley tough time running on two safety defenses. Any run play with double teams poa suck for me. My lineman never make it to the secound level and linebackers shoot the and tackle me for min gain. Against single high there is no point.

Im an under center power guy. I realy on the concept if they are in two high I have tun the ball, force a safety in the box and the run single high beaters. I just dont know how to consistently run the ball in this game. Sure I could run sweeps, tosses, and shot gun inside zone every play(like evryone else online) but I like to stay away from over powred run if possible.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Would anyone be interested in a Madden OD (whatever the heck they're called)? It was brought up in one of the OD forums, but I wanted to post here for anyone who doesn't frequent that part of the site.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I dont understand why but I have an extremley tough time running on two safety defenses. Any run play with double teams poa suck for me. My lineman never make it to the secound level and linebackers shoot the and tackle me for min gain. Against single high there is no point.

Im an under center power guy. I realy on the concept if they are in two high I have tun the ball, force a safety in the box and the run single high beaters. I just dont know how to consistently run the ball in this game. Sure I could run sweeps, tosses, and shot gun inside zone every play(like evryone else online) but I like to stay away from over powred run if possible.

One day you'll understand..

"You must be willing to cheese without judgement, because it is judgement that defeats us.... I worry that Utopia might not understand... what I've... tried to be..."

Last edited:

worst2first

If I weren't about to ditch the game and there was a real coach mode instead of the ham-fisted player lock method I might be interested in getting some online D.

PSUEagle

Well, this game made it a month before getting returned. It's just bad. NCAA is terrible too, but at least I enjoy the college game and I'm used to its terribleness at this point.

Yep, don't think I'll be playing it much anymore.

Will look for FIFA this weekend, but who knows if I can find it in my new one horse town:laughing:

Iron

There's a 9 foot tall Brian Dawkins in Madden Ultimate Team? The fuck?

Oh and this...

BKQPsZ8.jpg