• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Madden 15 is the Best Game Ever Made

GR8 2 B FL G8R

382.jpg

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I am very disappointed that Team Play has been removed. Like a victim of systemic abuse, I no longer get mad when stuff like this happens. This is just more of what I've come to expect from this monopoly. EA is the perfect example of monopolistic apathy by the owners. When you don't have to compete for competition, the product inevitably suffers as the owners have no incentive to invest more resources in making a quality product or offer any semblance of customer care. EA's public relations are on par with those offered by a handicapped garden gnome.

Examples of this same apathetic attitude can be found at the DMV, the VA, any other government bureaucracies, any form of government healthcare, and even the reality of the Marxist dream itself. All of this results from a lack of competition.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

However, since downloading it Monday night, my brother and I have played over 37 games of MUT together. To do this, we have to be in the same fucking room. In 2014, the only way I can play Madden on the same team as my brother is to be in the same property, same room, and switch controllers. I will not always be with him, so it sucks that we can't play together in Team Play with other friends and family.

MUT is what this Madden is designed to use. It is the only viable mode for those of us with ADD and ADHD as it offers games with 3 min quarter games. H2H only offers 6 min quarters as the default ranked setting.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Now lets talk about our MUT

We have the following Saints so far:
LB Galette
DL Hicks, Bunkley
DB Keenan Lewis
WR Cooks, Morgan, Stills
OL Evans, Goodwin, Strief

We have the following G8Rs
WR: Riley FN Cooper
TE: Jordan Reed

We are working to get Vaccaro and Grubbs who are both worth about 12K, should have them before we go to bed tonight

Last edited:

jdlikewhoa

Never played ultimate team in any game, but you've sold me on the ultimate edition of madden 15. 30 MUT packs to start. Should break me in nicely

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I love that JB's reviews are a good 2-3 points over the meta critic average but only for ea sports games lol

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
your troll game is abysmal

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Lol, just played Madden for the first time since 08 and it is so shitty compared to FIFA. I feel like somehow it is less representative of Football than the game was in 2005 and all the animations and movement are more ham-fisted. If I throw the ball to a player on a crossing route in stride, he must either continue running straight toward the sideline at full speed, or come to a complete stop and then turn upfield. There is no way to slightly angle upfield or cut upfield or anything like that.

I went straight into an online game without practice and found that the Bronco's playbook blows. I lost 17-21 or something becuase I threw 2 picks trying to get Thomas to jump for the ball, which apparently isn't a thing anymore. Seems like you can throw slants for days though.

Also, they seem to have taken away my Randy Moss super jump catch glitch. How am I supposed to throw a fade route now?

The new vertical play calling menu is so fucked too. Why'd they have to mess with a good thing? FUUUUU

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I bought Madden myself on a whim about 4 months ago. I haven't even made it through one game :laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My rigger cousin was so mad that I won't ever play COD with him anymore that he bought and sent me Madden in hopes that we could play like the good ol days.

I will say I was surprised as hell when my first random online opponent punted the ball on 4th and 2. What a fucking sucker.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
from the former mothership:

By most standards, Madden NFL 15 was the best game the series had seen in more than five years. It wasn't a giant leap forward, but it cleaned up some legacy issues and didn't introduce more than one or two (user sacks, we're looking at you).

Yet, the game's most noticeable flaw is that we haven't seen that leap forward that Madden so desperately needs. The series fails to take any big chances and the ones it does take aren't particularly loved by consumers.

With that in mind, let's look at Madden NFL 15's big back of the box additions and review what worked and what didn't work for consumers...

"Deliver on Defense": This is a toss-up. On one hand, defense functioned a lot better than it has in recent years. Games had, at the very least, the capacity for a low-scoring affair. The problem? Defense still wasn't that fun, and that was the whole idea behind the tackle-cone and new tackling mechanics. The A.I. was a bit better, but it would have been nearly impossible for it to have not been. All the same, the focus on gameplay is much appreciated and playing defense was better than it has been.

Verdict: Worked

"Know Your Opponent": The idea is clever. Introducing a statistics mechanic has the basis for a good idea, but it never feels fully realized in Madden '15. The game is already too one-sided with the A.I. being as (frequently) dumb as it is, especially with play-calling. Being able to further predict what they were going to do as a user just felt unnecessary. Online, the feature had a much better use but still felt unpolished and too bare-bones. In the future, it would be great if play-calling A.I. was good enough for this feature to aid in a chess match of play-calling.

Verdict: Didn't Work

"NFL Films Inspired Presentation": Look, until the commentary doesn't feel boring and redundant, the presentation isn't going to be where it needs to be. Games felt more like a broadcast than they used to, but again, that isn't saying much. The development team deserves credit for knowing where they need to improve, but they've still yet to deliver.

"Player Sense and War in the Trenches 2.0": The change in player A.I. as well as pass-rushing was definitely noticeable. Ends got around the edges and forced pocket pressure from the inside, and tackles shoved their way up the middle until the QB was forced to scramble. The upgrade was certainly noticeable, even if the game isn't quite up to speed in this department. As far as "Player Sense" goes, there still is about zero of it. Players don't seek after the ball, CPU QB's take sacks like they are paid to do so, and ball-carriers don't hit holes like they should. Even though there was some improvement, you had to look pretty hard to find it.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My verdict is that I haven't played a Madden since 2008 and I could still pick up the sticks and know 90% of what works. The defense will always be boring because it is fundamentally broken. They'd have to start from scratch to fix that. Since they've go the same underlying engine driving everything, the only differences are in the how the animations work and what you need to do in order to trigger favorable animations. I've only encountered 2 surprises so far:

1. 4 verts actually seems toned down to a realistic level of success (or at least I haven't instantly figured out how to exploit it). Mostly this is because they seem to have made it harder to throw bullet passes to exploit small windows and made the DBs able to cover a lot more ground (even if they were covering someone else).

2. Running around like an asshole is punished by the game. I played one dude who ran around like an asshole with Russel Wilson. When he scrambled on a design pass the game literally gave him like a 75% chance of fumbling. I hit sticked him a few times, but he literally fumbled 4 times in one game... all on plays where he ran around like an asshole.

PSUEagle

My verdict is that I haven't played a Madden since 2008 and I could still pick up the sticks and know 90% of what works. The defense will always be boring because it is fundamentally broken. They'd have to start from scratch to fix that. Since they've go the same underlying engine driving everything, the only differences are in the how the animations work and what you need to do in order to trigger favorable animations. I've only encountered 2 surprises so far:

1. 4 verts actually seems toned down to a realistic level of success (or at least I haven't instantly figured out how to exploit it). Mostly this is because they seem to have made it harder to throw bullet passes to exploit small windows and made the DBs able to cover a lot more ground (even if they were covering someone else).

2. Running around like an asshole is punished by the game. I played one dude who ran around like an asshole with Russel Wilson. When he scrambled on a design pass the game literally gave him like a 75% chance of fumbling. I hit sticked him a few times, but he literally fumbled 4 times in one game... all on plays where he ran around like an asshole.

I haven't played Madden at all since the version where Peyton Hillis was on the cover, but this always varies year to year. Some years EA programs the mirror effect (NCAA 13), some years they don't (NCAA 11), and some years they make every route "work" (NCAA 14).

Really, "labbing" in this series takes me an hour tops anytime a new game comes out. Just go into practice mode and test out various routes against man to man, figure out what works and what doesn't, and adjust your offense to accommodate that.

I don't play much these days, but I'll probably rent Madden 16 when it comes out once I get an XBONE just to see how little the series has progressed.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Curl flats, slant flats, and stick all seem unstoppable for 5 yard gains against any non-hot routed zone defense, unless you throw the ball before the game thinks you should be allowed to throw the ball to the flat route, then the game punishes you with an animation where your receiver can't unfuck himself and run upfield, so he just runs out of bounds instead. For example... if you run slant flat concept and realize the Safety is in man coverage against your flat receiver, so you obviously throw the ball ASAP to take advantage of the distance the safety has to cover? The game is like "nope you threw that route too early the player's icon wasn't solid yet" so your player will just get caught in this ham-fist animation that won't allow him to turn upfield. Same thing happens on the bubble screen.

Still can't figure out how to get my favorite animation on verticals (early pop pass to TE when the MLB zone drifts away from him). I want to throw the TE a hard bullet at his back shoulder (away from the MLB) and instead Peyton chucks a bullet straight to the safety who is 30 yards away. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Cant make that throw to the back shoulder because the route is going inside. If you love that throw, you're gonna have to hot route the TE to a streak. dont want to do that on verts though. A good play to do it is stick in the saints empty te set with 4 wrs and 1 te. There are two wrs running slants on the weakside (slants are money this yr). The strongside has the stick concept. Hot route te to streak. First read is the te (inside streak beats zone). Second read is the slot wr running a slant from the weakside (slants destroy man)

I can broadcast some games on twitch if you really wanna learn my money plays.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I figured out the slants thing fully tonight, it is ridiculous. Slants and HB dive from gun, I'm set. Gonna run only 2 plays and go beat some top 100 people.

EA servers disconnected me 4 times straight in MUT tonight. EA is my greatest opponent.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Best runs are strong power, 01 trap, and hb counter

I like the power and counter from pistol bunch te

Strong power and 01 trap from pistol ace

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
01 trap is such an awesome play name, just forgot to remove the number? I noticed that it only traps the DT in certain alignments doe, otherwise your guard just pulls through the hole with his dick in his hand. Probably just needed to flip the play in those instances.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The play in question was an odd front against a human opponent and the player I was trying to trap looked to be in either a head up 4 or a slight inside shade 4i technique? I'm not sure if that was some base formation or if the user had shifted quickly as I came to the line. Either way it looked like the DE was in position to be trapped, so I went for it. The DE on the other side looked to be in more of a 5 tech with an outside shade on the tackle? I mean it is kind of hard to tell with EA because there aren't true gap assignments anyway, lol. The result was the playside linemen ignored him and the backside guard pulled and turned up inside of him as well, leaving my back to get smeared. It generally seemed to work in practice against odd fronts, so maybe it was just a shift that created the issue? :shrug:

S

Sink

Curl flats, slant flats, and stick all seem unstoppable for 5 yard gains against any non-hot routed zone defense, unless you throw the ball before the game thinks you should be allowed to throw the ball to the flat route, then the game punishes you with an animation where your receiver can't unfuck himself and run upfield, so he just runs out of bounds instead. For example... if you run slant flat concept and realize the Safety is in man coverage against your flat receiver, so you obviously throw the ball ASAP to take advantage of the distance the safety has to cover? The game is like "nope you threw that route too early the player's icon wasn't solid yet" so your player will just get caught in this ham-fist animation that won't allow him to turn upfield. Same thing happens on the bubble screen.

Still can't figure out how to get my favorite animation on verticals (early pop pass to TE when the MLB zone drifts away from him). I want to throw the TE a hard bullet at his back shoulder (away from the MLB) and instead Peyton chucks a bullet straight to the safety who is 30 yards away. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
I'm stealing this, so many possible uses.

"Did you get that progress report done yet?"

"Nope, Bob can't unfuck himself and get his portion to me."

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I like to use it when someone shows up unprepared and frazzled for a meeting or presentation. "How about I head down the hall and get a cup of coffee... you can take this opportunity to unfuck yourself. When I get back we can stop wasting time and actually start this meeting." Bonus points if you drop this line on a superior.