• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Lisbon

Schauwn

.286 in AA isn't exactly lighting it up to the point to promote imo. At least not enough to be ready for AAA. Being late to promote hurts less than being too early

I'm planning on having him AA for the rest of the year, and seeing how that average works out.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I was meaning AAA next season, btw, but I think he's playing plenty well in AA right now. I'll defer to ur judgement because I haven't played much, but if I was schauwn I'd want that dude WBL ready by 2052, which means AAA next season and hope he plays well!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I wouldn't stress about his average, but it wouldnt hurt to let him finish the year in AA. Scatter his playing time though. I wouldn't give him any more reps in the OF. Start giving him time everywhere you can in the infield. Make him versatile. Also give him a ST invite next season, non-40-man, and give him some reps in the infield there. He could be a major asset because he can play any position sans catcher.

Last edited:

Schauwn

I only brought up avg because that's what Gooksta seemed worried about. I'm also on the same page as you guys with getting him reps at other positions, doe

Gooksta

I only brought up avg because that's what Gooksta seemed worried about. I'm also on the same page as you guys with getting him reps at other positions, doe
I really don't care about avg. More ops+ in this spot. But regardless if he get a ratings bump in eye and avoid k and doesn't have marked improvements in his numbers. I would keep him down. Just my opinion

Schauwn

Addition by Subtraction
an offseason summary.

The offseason for Lisbon started by non-tendering some guys that were mostly filler players while I rebuilt. I was able to get rid of:

Jorge Martinez
Shoichi Kawamura
Holden Rankin
Jesus Solano
Thomas Reynaud
Antonio Acevedo
Wes Lancaster
Aaron Bruce
Ganya Mkervali (HUNGER GAMES)

Everyone but Aaron Bruce was a negative WAR player, and Aaron was a measly 0.4.

By ridding myself of the dead weight, I had to focus on getting better in a few different places.

3B

This role was filled by Ted Carter last year, and he played really well there posting a 2.5 WAR. I wanted some depth behind him, to give him some rest and to be able to use Carter as a backup 1B if necessary. I was able to sign Aidan Axford for cheap (2yrs/$1m). He's been a positive WAR player despite a below average bat, but in the field (+14, +8.8, +6.0, +9.2 ZR the last 4 years) which means for me he will be a great defensive sub.

Bullpen

The bullpen was another area of weakness for me last year. I was able to obtain Lou Purdy, Victor Castillo (HUNGER GAMES) and Claude Dupas. Claude will be my #5 starter most likely with my current #5 (Ramon Ramos) going to the bullpen for long relief and emergency starts. Lou Purdy hasn't had any good/great years (despite STARZZ), but I was able to get him for cheap and we'll see if he can be serviceable in our pen. Castillo will probably spend most of his life in AAA, but he's young-ish and could develop into a decent bullpen arm.

I was also in on the Kitamura sweepstakes and I'm not sure why I didn't end up signing him. I was offering 2 years/5.6...maybe he hates Lisbon and has a gambling addiction or something.

Schauwn

About a third of the way through the season now, let's see how we're doing...

28-28, .500, tied for 5th with Dublin (wha?), 3.5 games out of 4th.

Coming off a 6-0 week (feels good), sweeping series against Cairo and Ist.

Offense is finally turning the corner. Looking at my lineup, I think there's a couple of tweaks I could make, but coming off a 6-0 week, I'll wait to make any changes.

1st in Starter ERA in the WBL - This is exactly what I envisioned for my team. Great pitching and great defense. I'm only behind Dublin and Moscow in Def Eff and that's probably from trying to get a few guys some position ratings early in the season.

3rd worst Bullpen ERA in the WBL - We knew this was going to happen. I tried to make a couple of acquisitions during FA but I got beat out for a few guys. I thought moving Ramos to the pen would help a little bit, but I still need a couple of more arms there to help me reach the playoffs.

Schauwn

:laughing:

It's because I thought you were tanking for the 1-1.

I'm proud that me and you are about to over through the oligarchy of the NL

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think tanking would be the best move in my position, but I also like signing rental bat flip guys. Ammar's fat ass was just on Sim Center the other day like this

19-1-bat-flip1.gif

Schauwn

Well...this season isn't going exactly like I thought it would.

I paid the price for redbeard, and I thought that would give me a ++ top 3 in the rotation.

I went for a defense/speed in the lineup, so that I could put pressure on the defense with stealing bases and hit-and-runs. I adjusted the strategy sliders so that they would do that, and it doesn't seem like anyone has listened except Kramer.

I'm just not sure where I can improve my lineup right now. Maybe CF & RF, but I thought Rankin/Halford would be good enough defensively to give me a +WAR, but they're -2.6 and -1.0.

NML

Leave Halford in center, Rankin doesn't have the range to play there.

Halford's year may be a bit of small sample size and a bit of morale. He should be servicable in center (as he showed last year).

Schauwn

Leave Halford in center, Rankin doesn't have the range to play there.

Halford's year may be a bit of small sample size and a bit of morale. He should be servicable in center (as he showed last year).
Yeah, Halford was my starter at the beginning of the year, but then he got hurt. And I got my players mixed up, I was thinking of Tinkler, not Rankin.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That's my point. I'm saying the K's aren't always a problem. Halford could just be an Adam Dunn type. Schauwn just needs to figure out if there is a place for a hitter like that in his lineup.

Schauwn

That's my point. I'm saying the K's aren't always a problem. Halford could just be an Adam Dunn type. Schauwn just needs to figure out if there is a place for a hitter like that in his lineup.
It doesn't seem like it's working, it's not like he has the power numbers of a Thome, and he's not getting on base at a premium rate.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It doesn't seem like it's working, it's not like he has the power numbers of a Thome, and he's not getting on base at a premium rate.
He is only 24, but I see your point. This season seems somewhat lost at this point so I would keep playing him, but that's just me. He would be a good 4th OF too

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Well...this season isn't going exactly like I thought it would.

I paid the price for redbeard, and I thought that would give me a ++ top 3 in the rotation.

I went for a defense/speed in the lineup, so that I could put pressure on the defense with stealing bases and hit-and-runs. I adjusted the strategy sliders so that they would do that, and it doesn't seem like anyone has listened except Kramer.

I'm just not sure where I can improve my lineup right now. Maybe CF & RF, but I thought Rankin/Halford would be good enough defensively to give me a +WAR, but they're -2.6 and -1.0.

It's okay mammoth, we did better than I thought we would

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
With the budget changes for next year, you should have a ton of room to do stuff if you want. 56M is a pretty penny. Definitely a rough situation organization wise though

Schauwn

Looking through all the pitchers that OTTO has taken...

First 2 guys looks like they have a chance to be pretty good starters...round 1 pick is 6'7"!

The next 3 guys I looked at will be converted to RP for now most likely, but I'll also be looking through the rest of my team later and they might just get culled.

Schauwn

Can someone remind me when what the timing of drafting/signing draftees is...

I'm able to negotiate with my first 5 draft picks when I just loaded up the game, but I think I'll need @Yankee151's help with resetting something, my 1st pick says his status is "broken off", and he's not available to negotiate with...