• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Let's talk about Bish, babby

Void extension?

• Total voters

NML

The only person that ever asks for them is me, it's not many.

I think I got two this year and that was it. Maybe one other person got a sixth from someone.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I love the wrath these fools have wrought upon themselves. Doh quietly did his pick bidding. Not every day or week but kept it current enough. They ousted him and now Tony the FUCKSHITTER is ready to rock and roll.

I'm also keeping track of what these trade picks become so we can all get a good laugh when GOLD DIGGER becomes a bust or those 4th rounders @Travis7401 got screwed out combine to score the winning two runs in Game 7 of the WS.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We need a standardized trade post format too. Include the pick year. The player position and level. You'll get damn lazy.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Here is what is the problem about a lot of these proposed rules -- What happens what that person already traded away picks in the same round the next year (or two) and the round before? Do you make up another rule to correct that rule? You start to also make it extremely confusing with all of the parameters. Why do you need to bring "the league" to correct something that has been corrected between owners since the start?

I do think Tony's idea makes sense. If he's OCD enough to just come in and say "this trade is fucked up" every time. I think I've done that a few times posting in the finalize trade thread and the parties just agreed to something else. IF the parties involved can't agree by the next sim, trade is off.

TonyGin&Juice

We need a standardized trade post format too. Include the pick year. The player position and level. You'll get damn lazy.

Jokes on you, if our OOTP17 works the way the test versions I've set up do I'll all have to do is pull an export and run an ETL to update things.

TonyGin&Juice

I do think Tony's idea makes sense. If he's OCD enough to just come in and say "this trade is fucked up" every time. I think I've done that a few times posting in the finalize trade thread and the parties just agreed to something else. IF the parties involved can't agree by the next sim, trade is off.

Trust me, if someone tries to trade a pick they don't have I'll tag them and point to where their pick went.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here is what is the problem about a lot of these proposed rules -- What happens what that person already traded away picks in the same round the next year (or two) and the round before? Do you make up another rule to correct that rule? You start to also make it extremely confusing with all of the parameters. Why do you need to bring "the league" to correct something that has been corrected between owners since the start?

So Bish is a free agent? You definitely didn't get this resolved by the next sim.

I recall when Osick first questioned your trade because it contained illegal Hunger Games players your response was "LOL, JUST MAKE THE FUCKIN TRADE WE PUT SO MUCH WORK INTO THIS"

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Yeah I think this is the best way to handle it right now. If Tony can't do it, I'll just make a google doc and update it after each trade is posted. If you double trade, the trade isn't executed. If it's the deadline, tough shit. People on the other side of the trade should be checking Tony's list as well.

TonyGin&Juice

So Bish is a free agent? You definitely didn't get this resolved by the next sim.

Give it a rest. Bish isn't going anywhere except to the "injured fucking a fat hooker" heaven that all former OOTP GOATs go to once they hit 33.

Besides, don't we sim around the same time every night (8pm West Coast)? If a trade isn't up by then it's not getting done that day and if it's up before the Os pull the exports it won't take long for me to review the trades of the day, especially when you consider I'm usually trading multiple times a week.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I just don't understand Doh's common sense rule. He'd already extended bish before the trade was actually resolved, lol. That trade shoulda been voided according to him.

doh

I recall when Osick first questioned your trade because it contained illegal Hunger Games players your response was "LOL, JUST MAKE THE FUCKIN TRADE WE PUT SO MUCH WORK INTO THIS"
No my response was "I don't know there are Hunger Game rules" because I gloss over 90% of your posts

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Didn't know you were so in favor of making laws retroactively enforced. Does this extend outside simulation baseball or just when it behooves you? And yes, this whole post was so I could use behooves.

TonyGin&Juice

If it's the deadline, tough shit.

This, so much this. Even if the deadline is moved up again there's no reason to wait until the last second unless you want to get screwed, especially when the players being shipped out of town are on bloated contracts.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
All I want is a UNANIMOUS league decision to put a big
asshole_by_vonnegut.jpg

Next to all of Doh's wins as long as bish is on the roster. (and that's not an asterisk)

Lloyd Carr

I can't wait to exploit ur rules

I'm gonna double trade my 1st round pick for a player because I know my competitor has an offer out for the same player. Then when I get called out on it, the trade will be nullified, the trade deadline will have passed, and the player goes back to the original team. I may get a slap on the wrist, but my competitor misses the boat on the player and puts him at a disadvantage, and thus allows me to maintain the better team and win the ship.

thank god for all ur rules

Wolfman21

I can't wait to exploit ur rules

I'm gonna double trade my 1st round pick for a player because I know my competitor has an offer out for the same player. Then when I get called out on it, the trade will be nullified, the trade deadline will have passed, and the player goes back to the original team. I may get a slap on the wrist, but my competitor misses the boat on the player and puts him at a disadvantage, and thus allows me to maintain the better team and win the ship.

thank god for all ur rules

That's dumb. Nobody is gonna overlook a first rounder you don't own. That's why the 4th was perfect because who he was trading with isn't gonna fact check over a 4th rounder.

They should put you down like old yeller

Lloyd Carr

For all you know I set this all up.

I was aware @doh didnt have the picks from the start, but I needed to move Bish and knew if I called him out on it later, he'd have to up the offer. So I accepted the offer and then I PMed @Travis7401 and told him to make a big deal out of it the next day, so doh would give me more and better picks and be unable to send bish back.

youll never saw it coming.

doh

For all you know I set this all up.

I was aware @doh didnt have the picks from the start, but I needed to move Bish and knew if I called him out on it later, he'd have to up the offer. So I accepted the offer and then I PMed @Travis7401 and told him to make a big deal out of it the next day, so doh would give me more and better picks and be unable to send bish back.

youll never saw it coming.

As I said in the MLB Thread.....

N W O for...

WJ_nkP.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
To be fair, there isn't a real reason to trade anything past the 5th. There are many fake reasons, but no real ones.