• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

International Soccer

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Probably an Iran Korea final?
3b4yehhsw0b21.png

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I'll root for Qatar because I remember playing FIFA on the SEGA, maybe 95 or 96 version? I never heard of Qatar and they sucked. I would play as Italy and Germany and tried to score as many goals as I could vs them.

Lol. I had the same FIFA game on my Sega, purchased around the time of the '94 World Cup. Germany and Brazil were the best teams in the game, but Argentina and Denmark had the best goalies. The "All-Star" team was pretty cool.

And yeah, Qatar was by far the worst team in the game, so it was a fun challenge to try to beat teams with them.

I remember too, my roommate figured how to cheese the game by standing in front of my goalie every time he fielded the ball and was going to kick it, and he'd head the ball into the goal. (Can't remember now if it was possible to roll the ball out, or if it just made it easier for him to get the ball away and make an east goal, thanks to the non-existent AI of my defenders).

It got so he would score a goal every single time by doing this, and we actually got in a shoving match (laughingly broken up by our other roommate, who weighed more than the two of us combined) after I spiked his controller on the ground and smashed it in a bunch of pieces.

The real LOL was when we tried to bring it back to the electronics store where we bought the Sega to see if we could use the warranty to get a new controller, saying it "got broken." :laughing: The clerk was understandably amused, but ultimately unsympathetic.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Oh man does that video ever bring back memories! I credit vidja perhaps more than anything else for my interest in sports, since I was the stereotypical bespectacled, unathletic Asian kid who never played organized sports.

The 1994 World Cup and FIFA International Soccer on Sega Genesis definitely was the...genesis....of my interest in soccer, which was hitherto completely nonexistent.

Snorky's Shame

UAE 0-4 Qatar

Not surprisingly, the crowd didn’t take this too well. Shoes and bottles thrown onto the field.

Japan-Qatar in a Final very few predicted before the tournament. These are also the two guest teams at Copa America this year.

Qatar at this tournament:

6 Games
6 Wins
16 Goals For
0 Goals Against

Last edited:

NML

So apparently Qatar is going to win it all?

I’m guessing there’s a fascinating story here. Are they still naturalizing players who live there for like 18 months? How the hell did they go from not getting a single point in 2015 to winning it all?

They also beat Ecuador and Switzerland in the past six months

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
So apparently Qatar is going to win it all?

I’m guessing there’s a fascinating story here. Are they still naturalizing players who live there for like 18 months? How the hell did they go from not getting a single point in 2015 to winning it all?

They also beat Ecuador and Switzerland in the past six months

I'm only partway through their squad, but only a handful are Qatari. Several Sudanese, Tunisians, Egyptians. No Brazilians yet!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Not as long as T-Rex arms plays and the other half of the roster are spuds.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
VAR insanity... lucky VAR pen given to Switzerland after Portugal got a clear PK that was called. So the second PK was wiped out.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Replay sucks. VAR really sucks because it's a ham-fisted system.

doh

Nations league has actually been pretty good... Looking forward to England-Netherlands today. The Dutch actually have talent for the first time in a bit. de Light-VVD could be the best CB pairing in the world and Wijnaldum + de Jong MF = texastechbell.gif

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Nations league has actually been pretty good... Looking forward to England-Netherlands today. The Dutch actually have talent for the first time in a bit. de Light-VVD could be the best CB pairing in the world and Wijnaldum + de Jong MF = texastechbell.gif

Bart Scott for the Dutch to shoot themselves in the dick during either Euro 2020 qualifying and/or World Cup 2022 qualifying and missing the tournament(s).

doh

They SHOULD qualify for Euro 2020 although they drew Germany from pot 2 in their group. Even if they don't directly qualify, they'd be in the playoffs.

Their problem could be a lack of a 9. They're going to try Memphis at the 9 but they don't really have a killer goal scorer. I think if they play van de Beek as the 10, that would help since he has a nose for a goal.

Also no real gr8 wingers/outside backs. Bergjwin could be very good. But I don't really think they have any good RB/LBs. At lest the middle of the pitch is covered.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Probably safe to say that the Nations League has become more important than the World Cup. If Ingerland win this thing then we're basically world champions, and no-one can ever tell us we're not the best team in the world ever again.

doh

It's holding the Netherlands back... they need a reel 9. Depay does not work as the forward.

doh

Watch a match... Nations League has actually been really good.

Match changed when Koeman finally brought on van de Beek for de Roon

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Does Depay have compromising pictures of Koeman or something? Why is he still out there

doh

Memphis is total total shit. The Netherlands don't really have a killer 9 but he is just garbage.