• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

How is your Dynasty going?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Finished 8-5 at Kentucky with momentum down the stretch.

Got the HC job at UTSA which is the best job ever, so I'm out of Kentucky. I was in the running for some P5 HC jobs but UTSA was the best once the leading candidates were off the board. Should have taken a lame HC job earlier just to get it over with. Oh, well. At least I don't have to deal with supersim D anymore.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Got kinda bored with my dynasty so I decided to shake things up and instituted promotion/relegation into the equation. I initially organized them by the teams 4-year championship outlook. The hierarchy is Pac-12 > Big 10 > SEC > Big 12 > ACC > American > Mac > MWC > Sunbelt > Independent. The first 7 conferences have 10 members each. MWC & Sunbelt have 16 and there are 14 Independent teams. Each year, the conference champion/dweller is moved up/down a conference. Two lowest teams from MWC & Sunbelt move to independent. The 4 best teams in the independent move up to Sunbelt/MWC.

Florida, Oregon, Texas, Texas, Notre Dame have been the Pac-12 champions so they are the national champions in my head cannon. Houston, USC, Washington State, Texas and Auburn have won the actual BCS Shampship games. Texas is the only school to win both. USC is the biggest mover I think, starting out in the ACC and working their way into the Pac 12, although I haven't been keeping the best track of that. I also forgot to write down the conference champions for year 4 so conferences didn't change that year. I am going to simulate one more season for a total of 5, so each team has been able to reach an equilibrium with the new status quo. I think I am going to leave Jack Blackbird as national championship winning coach of the national champion washington state football team and create a new coach, taking over a team from the independent. I wanted to start over with him but I can't think of a way around the coach upgrades, other than not giving them out at all or maybe a couple a year. IDK, IDK.

The Pac-12:
start:
Tennessee, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Florida, Texas, Alabama, LSU, Oregon, Pittsburgh, Iowa
end:
Tennesee, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Texas, LSU, Iowa, Oregon State, USC, Houston, Auburn,

Last edited:

worst2first

I went back to New Mexico as OC and went 10-2. During the last game of the season against Boise St., the starting QB suffered a broken collarbone. Facing Nevada in the MWC Championship, I simplified my playcalling and the backup QB played well enough to win the shampship. Now the Lobos face Washington in the Las Vegas Bowl. Looking over their roster, the Huskies are going to be a challenge even with the return of our starting QB.

I'm a little perplexed why some teams don't have conference records. This bothers me but I'm not sure I can be troubled to reinstall everything again after all the issues I had getting it to work.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Have you asked on the Discord? It’s the only place you’re going to get help with all the bugs you seem to be to run into

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I'd probably just start over and reinstall everything from scratch. Maybe delete all the files and redownload them too

worst2first

My recreation time is quite limited at the moment. While I enjoy playing CFBR, the amount of time it would take to research the issue and/or download everything again and reinstall it would not be worth it at the moment. In about a month or so I should have more time to mess with it.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think my last 4 dynasty saves all glitched out.

Instead of being a first year head coach with UTSA in the off-season, during the coach's carousel (where left my Dynasty), I logged in to find myself the OC of UTSA back one week. So I have to sim the bowl game, then get all kinds of awards for the UTSA players., then I'm back at the coach's carousel. My other offseason saves are also with UTSA, even though I wasn't employed by UTSA this season. I could go back to an older save where I'm still the OC of Kentucky, but it's week 9.

Uhh, super weird.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm not too worried, I guess I can recreate my current coach where I have built him up (level 12) and then take over a G5 team and go from there.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Really weird, I've never seen anything like this. Multiple saves corrupted putting me on the wrong team throughout history. I guess I ended up in a different simulation. The AI that inherited my Kentucky season gets a better OC job on the carousel, haha.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
On to a new sim.

I'm debating taking over Cinci, which would probably allow me to land a decent (bad) P5 job on the carousel in the next year or two, without pressure of rebuilding a current team. Then can settle in and rebuild the next team. Not sure if that would ruin Fickell’s career tho

Thought about Hawai'i or Houston if I want to settle into a G5 rebuild.

Then I started looking at bad P5 teams this year, but some of them (like WVU) are actually pretty loaded in game.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
On to a new sim.

I'm debating taking over Cinci, which would probably allow me to land a decent (bad) P5 job on the carousel in the next year or two, without pressure of rebuilding a current team. Then can settle in and rebuild the next team. Not sure if that would ruin Fickell’s career tho

Then I started looking at bad P5 teams this year, but some of them (like WVU) are actually pretty loaded in game.

@MtneerManiac

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
On to a new sim.

worst2first

New Mexico lost 34-31 in OT to Washington in the Las Vegas Bowl. QB Tevaka Tuioti returned from his broken collarbone but threw 3 INTs in the loss. The Huskies shut down our running game except for one or two big plays. The Lobo offense was statistically among the best in the country and I ended the season with my coaching prestige at B-.

HC Danny Gonzales left to take over as HC at Navy. At this point in the carousel, I thought I'd see what my options were since he left. Then something surprising happened and New Mexico offered me the HC job. This is the first time that has happened. I think we have a good chance to win the MWC again but it's going to be a challenge to replicate last year's 11-3 championship season.

I moved all of the teams that didn't have conference records out of their conferences and back in. When I did that in a previous dynasty it corrected almost all of the issues with teams that lacked conference records. I also set all of the conference scheduling rules to allow conference games starting in week 1 to hopefully make it easier for the game to make sure every team plays a conference schedule.

worst2first

I had to start over (again) because the scheduling issue was a roster problem with dynasties started prior to and including 14. Version 15 includes an updated roster. New Mexico is 4-3. Midway through the season, I decided to see if any interesting recruits had taken an interest in New Mexico as sometimes happens.

I'm not sure why he has so few offers and little interest, but if we can sign him the Lobos should be set at QB.

Renegade

Charge on!
Speaking of New Mexico, how did I not know about this playbook? Spread option but from the pistol. Started a Vandy dynasty with house recruiting restrictions (no 4-5* recruits for a triple option team unless they either also like an academy team or have Stanford or Duke high). Texas not doing so well in this new SEC set up, but Vandy has made back to back bowls after a losing year the first season (all simming).

TheSystem

I’m OC ECU 60 pts a game on Heisman. Went from Air Raid to more Briles/Baylor concepts as my main playbook. We’re #4 12-0 and going for a CUSA crown

I run other teams as well Tulsa and UCF lost a couple of combine 100+ pt games but otherwise doing pretty well.

Speaking of UNM the old Lobo Bob Debesse Sniffer Back attack is an awesome offense.. Here is a good breakdown try to ignore the ad you can destroy defenses this way…it’s one of the unique offenses I run and if you want you can certainly do a lot of Coastal Carolina spread by incorporating more pistol concepts.

TheSystem

Oh, well. At least I don't have to deal with supersim D anymore.

Oh it’s the best as OC lost a game 55-56 to super sim defense and a sim missed extra point .

i suck on Heisman defense so I will sim it but I can play decent enough 3rd down defense to get a stop or two.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
One cool thing I just realized is the REVCAMPED team updates the ratings throughout the year, and this includes Dynasties.

I started a Miami dynasty to test and they are in the lower 80s and TVD was QB1. This also helps align teams with future openings - for example, instead of Miami and UCLA doing really well, those jobs will likely come open soon.

Bruce Wayne

How do you fire a coach or change a coach you are controlling? I am sure I am missing something but I can’t figure it out.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Finally rebooted using my existing coach progress.

12-2 with NUTOPIA official team SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY, everyone smelled smoke.

Hit the coaching carousel. "Best job" was Georgia Tech, which I wasn't interested in. TCU looked available but they brought back Patterson. Then WVU offered me and I accepted.

This will be in the new Big 12, already moved bum OU and Texas to the SEC.

Thepro_23

Took over UMass, running the triple option. Created the old Eastern Conference with Syracuse, WVU, Maryland, Navy, Army, BC, UMass, Rutgers, Penn State, Temple, Pitt and UConn. So far it's been pretty fun. We're good, but finishing 11-3, 12-2, etc several years in.
While I don't follow strict recruting restrictions, I try to stick to the East Coast and the conference footprint, with an emphasis on neighboring states, but dip into Jersey and PA a fair amount. Try to recruit a lot of 3* and some 2*s too, especially if they're local.
Don't really upgrade my coaches all that much, providing more of a challenge.
It's been pretty fun so far.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
3-0 with WVU. Beat Arizona at home (@BearDownUofA), BYU on the road (@jamesnathan), and then Maryland at home (@Orangebird RIP).

But man, my QB is awful - probably the worst I've had since booting this game back up.

The #1 dual threat QB is from Virginia and I'm number two on his list behind UVA. I have pretty limited recruiting points at WVU. I am dumping most of my corch abilities into being a CUPBOARD FULL recruiting wiz, but I'm still trailing in this recruiting battle. Is there anything I can do to make up ground other than dumping max points into him? @bruin228 @anyone who plays this dead game

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
3-0 with WVU. Beat Arizona at home (@BearDownUofA), BYU on the road (@jamesnathan), and then Maryland at home (@Orangebird RIP).

But man, my QB is awful - probably the worst I've had since booting this game back up.

The #1 dual threat QB is from Virginia and I'm number two on his list behind UVA. I have pretty limited recruiting points at WVU. I am dumping most of my corch abilities into being a CUPBOARD FULL recruiting wiz, but I'm still trailing in this recruiting battle. Is there anything I can do to make up ground other than dumping max points into him? @bruin228 @anyone who plays this dead game

Do you have your visit scheduled?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The scheduled the first visit for Week 14, I grabbed Week 13

View attachment 21597

That’s good then. Unless you’re down by a lot right now, you should be able to take the lead after your visit. They’ll take it back after theirs but as long as it’s not by too much, you’ll be able to go into the offseason and outspend them. Make sure you max out that visit, though. Hit the goals and add as many receivers or O line as you can to the same week

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
That’s good then. Unless you’re down by a lot right now, you should be able to take the lead after your visit. They’ll take it back after theirs but as long as it’s not by too much, you’ll be able to go into the offseason and outspend them. Make sure you max out that visit, though. Hit the goals and add as many receivers or O line as you can to the same week

Thanks! It's dumb how straight-line recruiting is in this game.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Asks about min max recruiting tips, complains about straight-line recruiting

I mean no, once you target an individual there's no levers to pull to even minmax. There's next to no strategy to landing recruits. I wish there were more.

I think the only minmax strategies are in how you target, like low interest level cheese.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
NOODLE

He'll have 99 THA by his second year but THP will probably only get to the high 80s/low 90s.

I don’t see many mobile QBs with high THP. Could be small sample size but it feels like categories of players have archetypes in this game. Was surprised this guy can run and pass accurately

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don’t see many mobile QBs with high THP. Could be small sample size but it feels like categories of players have archetypes in this game. Was surprised this guy can run and pass accurately

Yeah, there are definitely archetypes. I believe there are high THP mobile guys in the ATHOLETE category.